Lenovo M93p tiny - help/tut needed

dumpa

11 posts in this topic

Good evening,

I am quite new to this Hackintosh stuff and now want to learn more about it and set-up my Lenovo machine with MacOS.

Could someone point me to the right direction how to start and what I will need? Any help is really appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks in advance!

Mainboard: Intel Q87 Chipsatz für ThinkCentre M93/M93p – PCI/PCIe, Tiny
Processor: Haswell i7-4765T 2.0G 8M 4C LGA1150 HF 35 W vPro
Chipset: Intel Q87 Chipsatz für ThinkCentre M93/M93p
Ram: 2 x PC3-12800 1.600 MHz DDR3L SODIMM 8 GB
Audio: Integrated Audio (ALC283)
Video: Intel HD Graphics 4600

To be honest, I have no idea how to start - this is my first attempt dealing with all this stuff but I read, that some people already succeeded with this - any help is appreciated!

#Link removed
Here for example, I have no idea what is meant by this Kernel stuff or how to do it.

Looks like this guy got it going ...

There is so much stuff to read about #Link removed#Link removed, Clover and all this things, which mean nothing to me. Maybe someone would be to kind to give me a good heads-up on this?!
As "Yosemite" was installed successfully according to some stuff I read, does this automatically mean that "El Capitan"will also work?
Questions over questions ...
Edited by Allan
Tonymac's links - Removed

NP  ;)

So, for you start, i think that you still use Windows right? If yes, you can use Olarila's OS X images. Just download the file and write in your Pen drive.

After that, install OS X. 

See these example: Installing Yosemite using Clover (UEFI)

After you do these steps, with OS X installed, we'll continue to help you.

Hi,

thanks for the info how to get started - I got "OS X El Capitan for Intel PCs 10.11" from Olarila but I am struggeling to get anything installed as the machine keeps rebooting regardless of any options I tried on Clover.

I end up with the following message and after that the desktop reboots....

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi

Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no

I have absolutely no idea, what this shoud/could tell me - do you have any idea, what I could do to make any progress here?

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I have attached my working config.plist for the m93p. It will boot without having to patch the BIOS. Just update the serial numbers and such things. Probably too many options enabled but it works. :)

Hi there... do you have that plist ?  interested to get this going on the m93p Cheers :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I have attached my working config.plist for the m93p. It will boot without having to patch the BIOS. Just update the serial numbers and such things. Probably too many options enabled but it works. :)

Hey, I've PM'd you about the config list. It's been a pain trying to transfer over from Mac Pro 5.1 to this. I really want to make this work for when I travel for a few weeks when I don't have my mac pro with me. Thanks!

Hi there... do you have that plist ?  interested to get this going on the m93p Cheers :)

I'm hoping I can get this config too. I have a m93p