Help with R7 250x Asus 2gb

woogmoog

4 posts in this topic

Hello guys I've been reading a lot about Radeon Cards. I've also read the pinned posts here on the forum and I concluded that I'm really a noob. I don't know how to get the device ID from my card since I already don't have windows on this computer and I'm missing only 2 things for my Yosemite works perfectly which are video and audio.

I did look it up on the internet about my video card ID and I've found this:

GPU Device Id: 0x1002 0x683D 113-AD64400-110 683DHB.15.43.0.2.AS01

I'm new to OS X systems and most of the tutorials I've read requires a lot of steps and now I'm afraid of doing it by myself, since I've already tried to add some kexts that people said it was supposed to work for my video card and I got that grey screen on my boot. I'm using Yosemite 10.10.5 with Chameleon boot loader. 

My system spec is:

AMD FX6300

Radeon R7 250x Asus

8gb ram Kingston

SSD 120gb Kingston

HDD 1.5Tb WD

Mobo Gigabyte GA-78lmt-S2

I would appreciate so so much if someone can help me make my video work but with a tutorial for noobs. Most of people think that being a noob is something bad I disagree a Noob is only someone that wants to learn and I want to learn as much as I can so maybe in the future I can also help other members. So please help me guys.

Thank you.

Ok guys I got it working, even played a little CS-GO but still got some blinking when I moved fast. I think this could be  frame buffering? How could I do to check that? Any help will be highly appreciated.

How could I get all the info needed and post here for further studies and help more people with the same video card? Thank you.

r7 250 my old gpu  :) solution:

use clover fake id for gpu ati (injection menu) write FBNAME to AMD and write fakeid to: 0x68101002

note: try disable inject amd and edid if blank screen

note: select display fix in dsdt fixes in clover

• 5 months later...