Clover will not boot unless selected from bios boot selection menu

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I have a DZ77SL-50K motherboard, and I am trying this from both clover and chameleon and both exhibit the same behavior: On boot up it will say "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key", however when I start the computer and press F10 for "Boot Menu" an I select my hard drive, it will boot into Clover/Chameleon, I was wondering if you guys have ever had this sort of behavior and what you did to fix it?

I would greatly appreciate it.

You have to install clover boot in the hard disk.

When you stay at Clover menu, go to menu and put install Clover in the hard disk.

Or do the install process again and remember do all the steps correctly.

To install clover I actually use a real mac and i plug in the hard drive using a USB caddy and I open the clover PKG file to install clover to the disk.

Weirdly enough if I put a clover USB disk in computer it will start off of it automatically.

You said i have to install "clover boot" in the hard disk, what "Clover menu" are you talking about, the one that is in the PKG file or the one that I can boot off of, I don't see the option to install clover on the hard disk on the boot menu (this below is what I am talking about):

163398d1448119103t-how-bypass-clover-men

Is there an option to install clover using this?

Nonetheless, the clover boot loader is resident in the hard drive, it just doesn't automatically start up when turning the computer on (even though it is set in the boot order), however when I go and select the hard drive in the boot selection menu it will load up clover, letting me select windows/mac os x partitions to boot from....

What really gets me is having the USB drive plugged in (with clover installed) it does what it's supposed to and loads right into clover on start.