Asus R7 250 1GB 7mb vRAM

harveylong26

5 posts in this topic

Hello IM.

Ive done my research, ive browsed around and Ive tried to find an answer but I SIMPLY CANNOT FIGURE THIS S * I T OUT.

I have El Capitan installed on my PC, but my R7 250 is only showing graphics vram of a total 7mb, but its got 1GB?

Apparently its meant to work OOB, but this isnt working for me anyways. Does anybody know of a fix or if this is an issue?

Heres my build : https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/6nf8TW

Somebody please guide me in the right direction, I would like to get this working ASAP.

Thanks everybody,

Harvey  :)

make sure you add this flag to your bootloader

pcirootuid=1

some graphics card require graphics enabler to be installed

most likely all you need to do is add the first flag only

then it will show you 1024 mb

that equals to 1 gb

install the flag to your bootloader , reboot your system 

then go to about my mac and look if it changed to 1024 mb

Just tried and still no luck, I have tried all flags :( Thanks anyways man

r7 250 my old gpu :) solution:

use clover fake id for gpu ati (injection menu) write FBNAME to AMD and write fakeid to: 0x68101002

note: try disable inject amd and edid if blank screen

note: select display fix in dsdt fixes in clover

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone, Im on 10.10.5 Yosemite, MAC PRO 5 def, AMD 860k, 8GB, ASUS R7 250 1 GB (not X). No video acceleration, slow mouse, etc. Tried drivers and fakeid from Kemal without luck, but some of his driver shows 1 GB only in safe mode as HD 7XXX. With fakeid 6640 I can boot but shows no driver installed. With 6610 (orginal id) I got tiny window with cursor, no GUI, some other fakeid same thing, or black screen. So I reinstalled working drivers for normal mode but only 5 mb vram, and slow video. Maybe card wont work accel in OSX no matter what? Any ideas to fix it or should I get GT 720 or 740 to have normal hackintosh? I dont need hi end graphics, just 1600x900 res, proper GUI, youtube, basic stuff working. Thank you very much.