El Capitan AppleHDA HDMI Audio

toleda

155 posts in this topic

Perhaps the issue is the absence of the Nivida HDMI audio controller in AppleHDAController

Try

Find:

de101a0e

Replace:

de10bb0f

Reply with DCPIManager/PCI List, Clover Boot log and IOReg.

Hi Toleda,

Here are the requested files, the HDMI Audio device is still not showing up in DCPIManager.

Let me know what else we can try.

Archive.zip

• 2 weeks later...

No new suggestions.

Hi Toleda,

Back again but with some progress this time.  I used a USB-C to HDMI adapter to plug my laptop to an external display.  Apparently the IGPU (HD530) is handling this port and i managed to activate HDMI audio only by using the SSDT-HDMI-HD530.aml (i removed the IMEI section since i already have one in my patched DSDT.aml).  I did not use any patches in clover and the audio_cloverHDMI-120_v1.0.command is saying that my codec is not supported.

1-The HDMI audio works only with ig-platform-id 0x19120000.  And here comes the problem, my internal display works only with 0x191b0000 and 0x19160000, whereas 0x19120000 activates the external display only (if i disconnect the external display the internal one stays black).

2-If i unplug the USB-C on Sierra then plug it back even the external screen stays black (or gives me weird colors)

3-The other minor issue is that in DPCIManager, the intel HDMI audio codec says Unknown (whereas HDMI audio is already working properly).

So my questions:

1-Is it possible to maintain HDMI audio with my working ig-platform-ids (0x191b0000 or 0x19160000)? Maybe clover kext patching, etc?

2-Is this a well known issue ?

3-Not really concerned about what DPCIManager is showing as long as it works, but the fact that it is unknown there means partial working or is it normal ?

Attached the required files. Your help is appreciated.

Archive.zip

Dear Toleda,

As a result of the Sierra update, I have lost sound output to the DisplayPort (as expected). 

I have attached the necessary information. Please advise.

Thank you.

OSX: Sierra 10.12.2

Processor: 3.49 GHz Intel Core i7

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 connected via displayport

Motherboard: GA-Z87X-UD7-TH

Notes:

Ran cloverHDMI script-- results included.

Included DSDT file is included -- you patched this for me for El Capitan.

ROMINTOSH 1-18.zip

1-Is it possible to maintain HDMI audio with my working ig-platform-ids (0x191b0000 or 0x19160000)? Maybe clover kext patching, etc?

2-Is this a well known issue ?

3-Not really concerned about what DPCIManager is showing as long as it works, but the fact that it is unknown there means partial working or is it normal ?

Apologies for the reply delay

Working HDMI audio shows a DP connector, correct? What display is attached?

1. Yes, need an IOReg with a HDMI device connected with each -id

2. Connector patches required for HDMI audio with HDMI devices

3. Select DPCIManager/Update IDs

lost sound output to the DisplayPort (as expected). 

edit dsdt/@3,connector-type

to: 0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x00

Save, install, restart, reply with new files

Apologies for the reply delay

Working HDMI audio shows a DP connector, correct? What display is attached?

edit dsdt/@3,connector-type

to: 0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x00

Save, install, restart, reply with new files

Thanks for the kind reply, yes the connector is a DP connector plugged to my TV through a DP-to-HDMI adapter. I will send you the ioreg with the different Ids shortly.

1-Attached the 2 other ig-platform-ids that works for me so far (0x19260000 and 0x191b0000) both work with external and internal displays (No HDMI audio though).  The ioreg that i provided at post 104 are for ig-platform-id=0x19120000 (the only one with working HDMI audio but no internal display).

2-The connection to the external display is made through HDMI (but it is connected to my laptop through the USB-C/display port with the adapter).

3-Thanks for the tip (i learned something new today !) but as you see in the screenshots, the STATUS tab in DPCImanager still shows Null (or Intel Unknown when the HDMI audio works).

Please note that i am only using InjectI intel from clover (but the ig-platform-id is specified in SSDT-6.aml from post 104).  Other than the ID change no other modifications were done to the previous files.

Please let me know your thoughts and if any suggestions.

Thank you again.

Archive.zip

1-Attached the 2 other ig-platform-ids that works for me so far (0x19260000 and 0x191b0000) both work with external and internal displays (No HDMI audio though). 

Paste config-audio_cloverHDMI.plist.zip/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/Item 14 (10.11.4-SKL-1912000-Port_0x5-DP2HDM)

Same for 0x19160000 and 0x19260000. (No IOReg for 0x191b0000, same patch)

Reply with new IORegs.  

IOReg reflects connector edit.

What DP audio device is attached?

No known Sierra/Nvidia/Official HDMI audio issues.

The DP audio device is a Home theatre system.  Now that i updated to 10.12.3 i was no more able to boot (system boots but no display) and on this version i had to use the 0x5 DP patch in clover to make it work.

I will experiment with the other ig-platform-ids and report back, maybe it will have an effect on this release.

On another side, i tried to install El Capitan, the one thing that i noticed is that your terminal command for El capitan picks up my HDMI audio device (intel HD) and suggests the edits on 0x5.  On Sierra however it never takes it into account (or says no compatible).

your terminal command for El capitan picks up my HDMI audio device (intel HD) and suggests the edits on 0x5.  On Sierra however it never takes it into account (or says no compatible).

Attach terminal output and IOReg for El Cap and Sierra.

IOReg reflects connector edit, experiment failed, remove edit.

What DP audio device is attached? Verify cable.

No known Sierra/Nvidia/Official HDMI audio issues.

Just my ASUS monitor connected via Displayport. Want to use monitor speakers for sound. 

Not sure if you already looked at the post #110 with the different ioregs?

Yes, Sierra/Skylake framebuffer IORegs

one thing that i noticed is that your terminal command for El capitan picks up my HDMI audio device (intel HD) and suggests the edits on 0x5.  On Sierra however it never takes it into account (or says no compatible).

To address this issue, El Cap and Sierra cloverHDMI output and IOReg required.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...