ASUS Transformer Book Flip TP500LN

SavageAUS

14 posts in this topic

Hi guys,
This post will be a work in progress guide on how to install el capitan 10.11.3 on an ASUS TP500LN

I have successfully installed os x to this laptop and am in the process of reinstalling so I will update guide as I go along.

This is my first attempt at a guide so please bare with me and please feel free to inform me of any corrections.

My specs are.
Processor Intel Haswell Core i7-4510U CPU
Chipset Intel HM87
Memory 8 GB DDR3
Video integrated Intel 4400 HD (*Nvidia GT 840M for the TP500LN version)
Connectivity Broadcom BCM4352 Azurewave AW-CE123H WiFi + BT, REALTEK RTL8111/8168/8411
AUDIO ALC3236 / ALC233

The final product will have full graphics acceleration, sound, wifi, speedstep.

Nvidia GT 840m disabled by DSDT.

To begin you of course need to download El Capitan 10.11.x from the mac app store either from a working hack, vm or a real mac.

I used the create install media method to copy the files to an 8Gb USB drive.

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app --no interaction
Once you have done that install the latest version of clover bootloader to the USB drive.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

My clover folder contains my patched DSDT and SSDT's and Kexts for this hack to work.

1a. Choose install for UEFI booting only and install Clover to the esp.
1b. Choose your theme. Ive used Bluemac in Config.plist.

1c. Under Driver64UEFI select only OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.

1d. Install RC scripts on the target volume.

1e. Install Clover Preference Pane.

1f. Install Clover.

1g. While the EFI partition is mounted (if you cannot see the EFI partition on your desktop click Finder -> Preferences -> Check box for Hard disks) copy my attached Clover folder to the USB drive and overwrite the existing CLOVER folder

2a. Insert the USB into a USB 2.0 port and using the esc key launch the boot selection menu.

2b. Choose the UEFI USB drive you just created and press space bar.

2c. Using the arrow keys scroll down and select boot verbose, just in case any errors occur.

2d. Once you reach the OS X installer screen choose disk utilities and select the drive / partition you wish to install OS X on and format it.

2e. Exit out of disk utilities and install OS X.

2f. Wait until your system reboots, press the esc key to select booting from the USB drive to continue the installation.

2g. After the final reboot and booting via the USB again you will now get the option to boot Mac OS X from the hard drive installation, do so.

3a. Complete the initial setup skipping the keyboard setup.

3b. Install Clover bootloader to your hard drive following the same settings as earlier.

3c. Copy attached CLOVER folder and overwrite the existing CLOVER folder to the EFI (It will appear on desktop after installing Clover) partition on the HDD.

3d. Install the attached AppleHDA.kext insto S/L/E with your favorite installer, i use EasyKext Utility from https://insanelydeepak.wordpress.com/2015/04/23/kext-installer-mac-os-x-hackintosh/

3e. Remove your USB drive now if you have not done so and reboot.

3f. Press the esc key to choose your new El Capitan install and boot.

3g. If all is done right you should have a fully functional hackbook.

AppleHDA.kext.zip

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm sorry I'm pretty new at this could you explain?

In your bios, under Advanced > Graphics configuration what is your DVMT Pre-Allocated set at? Mines at 64M any higher and macOS won't boot.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Post your clover folder minus themes minus serial numbers.

Which version of macOS are you trying to install?

Also add your laptop specs in your signature.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Need more help..what about bios and .i m stack by applr logo half way...please help..
Boot with -v so you can see where it's getting stuck, post a picture of Verbose output.