Strange Internal Monitor behaviour

shmutus

6 posts in this topic

Hi all!
I have installed El capitan 10.11.2 Over my New Clevo P750DM with a single discrete Nvidia 980m (No integrated GPU available on this system)
I have followed all the instruction carefully from this post:
[solved] Not booting: Clevo P750DM-G Skylake i7-6700K / Intel Z170 - nvidia 980M 4K display
I removed nv_disable=1 and used nvda_drv=1 + latest nvidia web drivers + modify the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext to prevent display sleep.
Finally I got a fully working System with full GFX performance!
Here comes the strange thing:
I connected two more external displays which instantly worked perfectly, then I rebooted,
After the reboot the notebooks internal screen stopped working.
Now internal screen always goes off after restarting, only external displays works, internal screen is not identified at all under the system prefrences.
I tried to inject the EDID but it didn't solve the problem.
Rebooting the system without any external displays connected - still a black screen.
I reinstalled all the system again, rebooted several times and everything was OK until again I connected external display and rebooted once or twice.
Anyone can help?
Thanks!

n.b.
screen is a 1080 Full HD display

As discussed in IRC, for those with the same laptop and with the same problem, a work around is:

Boot with nv_disable=1

Openn terminal and do:

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

sudo kextcache -system-caches

Then reboot with nvda_drv=1

I'm not sure what causes it, but this seems to fix it until the next kernel cache update for me

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...