Asus X552LDV-SX470D won't boot to installer (Clover)

arsradu

86 posts in this topic

Ohh ok. Makes all sense. Question, where could I see the hardware compatibility list for different OSX versions. I would like to know the kind of Mac that ran that version, with that hardware.

Any tips?

Sandy Bridge processors and Nvidia Geforce with Fermi Chipset. Nvidia Kepler is not supported. Or You can choose AMD 4670 as graphics card.

• Like 1

Ohh ok. Makes all sense. Question, where could I see the hardware compatibility list for different OSX versions. I would like to know the kind of Mac that ran that version, with that hardware.

Any tips?

Intel gfx/cpu hardware...

10.6.8 introduced Sandy Bridge (HD3000)

10.7.5 introduced Ivy Bridge (HD4000)

10.8.5 introduced Haswell (HD4600/etc)

fuzzy (maybe someone can correct/verify):

10.10.3? Broadwell

10.11.3? (or was it 10.11.1?) Skylake

• Like 1

gfx/cpu hardware...

10.6.8 introduced Sandy Bridge (HD3000)

10.7.5 introduced Ivy Bridge (HD4000)

10.8.5 introduced Haswell (HD4600/etc)

fuzzy (maybe someone can correct/verify):

10.10.3? Broadwell

10.11.3? Skylake

You're right for Broadwell, we need 10.10.3 as minimum OS X version. And for SkyLake, We can try from 10.11.1.

I am just too interested in a few programs, that only run in Snow Leopard and previous. Thought perhaps I could use them in my most powerful Hackintosh without Parallels.

Its ok! Im more than happy with what I have :D 

I am just too interested in a few programs, that only run in Snow Leopard and previous. Thought perhaps I could use them in my most powerful Hackintosh without Parallels.

Its ok! Im more than happy with what I have :D

You need older hardware to run Snow Leopard.

• Like 1

You need older hardware to run Snow Leopard.

Makes all sense that hardware requirements for Hackintosh are similar to the ones of the real Macs, varying on the OSX version. I was too admired with the capability of the community so I thought it would be possible to break that barrier. Now that you guys explained the Broadwell, Haskell, Sandy Bridge OSX versions I understand everything better.

So I am guessing this thread can be marked as solved? Since most things in arsradu laptop are fixed by us, and it works pretty nice now.

Yes, the initial thing was fixed and the post that solved the issue is already marked.

There are still a few things to fix, but I can open another thread (maybe a tutorial) on how I got everything fixed (with credits to you guys) for this laptop so that other people can do the same for theirs.

The only thing missing right now is...well, the laptop. I'll open another thread whenever I get the wifi card. That's the only thing slowing us down right now. After that, sound should be fixed pretty easily (i didn't get the chance to try the patched AppleHDA yet) aaand that's pretty much it. If there are other issues, they should be pretty minor.

Yes, the initial thing was fixed and the post that solved the issue is already marked.

There are still a few things to fix, but I can open another thread (maybe a tutorial) on how I got everything fixed (with credits to you guys) for this laptop so that other people can do the same for theirs.

The only thing missing right now is...well, the laptop. I'll open another thread whenever I get the wifi card. That's the only thing slowing us down right now. After that, sound should be fixed pretty easily (i didn't get the chance to try the patched AppleHDA yet) aaand that's pretty much it. If there are other issues, they should be pretty minor.

Creating a guide is a great idea. I will contribute to it by explaining the patches applied and the corrections manually made, so that your ACPI files worked. Also I can explain what kext and why to use them on our same family ASUS laptops.

Happy Hacking

• Like 1