Asus X552LDV-SX470D won't boot to installer (Clover)

arsradu

86 posts in this topic

EFI folder not requested. In the future, please provide only EFI/Clover (without 'themes'). It will be much smaller than 17mb.

(not needed right now, though... ioreg shows obvious mistake)

The ioreg shows the big problem: wrong ig-platform-id.

Oh. Sorry. I don't know why I took the entire EFI instead of the Clover folder... :) I was wondering why the hell is it so big. :)) 15MB is only the Apple folder.

Which ig-platform-id should have been used for this case? I never knew where those values come from. If I did, I probably wouldn't have had this issue.

Oh. Sorry. I don't know why I took the entire EFI instead of the Clover folder... :) I was wondering why the hell is it so big. :)) 15MB is only the Apple folder.

Which ig-platform-id should have been used for this case? I never knew where those values come from. If I did, I probably wouldn't have had this issue.

The common ig-platform-id for laptop HD4400 is 0xa260006.

That works for most screen resolutions. UHD/QHD+ screens require additional steps, and different configurations.

• Like 1

The common ig-platform-id for laptop HD4400 is 0xa260006.

That works for most screen resolutions. UHD/QHD+ screens require additional steps, and different configurations.

That 0xa260006 made all the difference. Thank you! :)

1536MB now in About this Mac and no more stuttering in animations.

However, now there is a glitch on the second stage boot logo. The Apple logo is scattered all over the screen... Any idea?

Video of the issue can be found here.

That 0xa260006 made all the difference. Thank you! :)

1536MB now in About this Mac and no more stuttering in animations.

However, now there is a glitch on the second stage boot logo. The Apple logo is scattered all over the screen... Any idea?

Video of the issue can be found here.

Google '[Fix] Resolve boot screen garble'

• Like 1

For the boot screen garble you should use in your config plist in the kernel and kext patches, in the KextsToPatch section:

Name: IOGraphicsFamily

Find (HEX): 0100007517

Replace: 010000EB17

That should fix it.

If the logo still has glitches you can also turn legacy/csm mode, which also helps

Your ACPI files are being cooked

I will also need you to download a few kexts.

I will include in a package! :D

Ok bro here you go! 

The files the patched folder should go to \EFI\Clover\ACPI\patched

In your config plist check for Drop OEM SSDT

And make sure to put DSDT.aml as DSDT name.

Make sure

Don’t use any DSDT fixes from Clover except FixNewWay and FixRegions

You have to establish a sorted order, in the first page of clover configurator “acpi”

It should be as follows:

SSDT-0.aml

SSDT-1.aml

SSDT-2.aml

SSDT-6.aml

SSDT-7.aml

SSDT-8.aml

SSDT-9.aml

SSDT-10.aml

SSDT-11.aml

SSDT-12.aml

By using these ACPI files you will get the NVIDIA card disabled, backlight control working (if you install IntelBackLigh.kext), battery meter (install ACPIBatteryManager) and many other system fixes.

Install all the kexts I included in your /System/Library/Extensions, it will help your system a lot

Tell us about any other problems you might have!

Also, if you want to have good CPU states you will have to generate  your own CPU SSDT and add it to the Loading order, as well of course as in the patched folder

kosakgroove.zip

• Like 1

Ok bro here you go! 

The files the patched folder should go to \EFI\Clover\ACPI\patched

In your config plist check for Drop OEM SSDT

And make sure to put DSDT.aml as DSDT name.

Make sure

Don’t use any DSDT fixes from Clover except FixNewWay and FixRegions

You have to establish a sorted order, in the first page of clover configurator “acpi”

It should be as follows:

SSDT-0.aml

SSDT-1.aml

SSDT-2.aml

SSDT-6.aml

SSDT-7.aml

SSDT-8.aml

SSDT-9.aml

SSDT-10.aml

SSDT-11.aml

SSDT-12.aml

By using these ACPI files you will get the NVIDIA card disabled, backlight control working (if you install IntelBackLigh.kext), battery meter (install ACPIBatteryManager) and many other system fixes.

Install all the kexts I included in your /System/Library/Extensions, it will help your system a lot

Tell us about any other problems you might have!

Also, if you want to have good CPU states you will have to generate  your own CPU SSDT and add it to the Loading order, as well of course as in the patched folder

attachicon.gifkosakgroove.zip

Holly... Thanks a lot man!

I'll try the things you proposed on Monday, since I don't have the laptop near me.

Could you please, tell me how to fix the WiFi issue? Buying a new card, I assume? If so, which one? And do you have any idea if that's gonna work ok on Windows?

Man, you need to buy like me a BCM94352MHB , very cheap from amazon or aliexpress. It has 5ghz Wifi and bluetooth 4.0

You will need to replace the old one, and apply some DSDT modifications or download a few kext from RehabMan for this card to work without ACPI edit.

When you have it installed physically, repositioning the antenna cables on the mini-PCIe card , and start up windows, it will work after installing the drivers

For the card to work on OSX you need to Google: 

Guide airport pcie-half mini 2

also what brand of touchpad does it have? what kext do you use?

• Like 1

Man, you need to buy like me a BCM94352MHB , very cheap from amazon or aliexpress. It has 5ghz Wifi and bluetooth 4.0

You will need to replace the old one, and apply some DSDT modifications or download a few kext from RehabMan for this card to work without ACPI edit.

When you have it installed physically, repositioning the antenna cables on the mini-PCIe card , and start up windows, it will work after installing the drivers

For the card to work on OSX you need to Google: 

Guide airport pcie-half mini 2

also what brand of touchpad does it have? what kext do you use?

Got it. :)

I'm not sure which brand the touchpad is... But I used the ApplePS2SmartTouchpad.kext to get both the trackpad and the keyboard working. :) It was a pain to work on the laptop using external USB mouse and keyboard, especially since I also needed another USB port to transfer files from and to the USB drive, and this particular model has only 2 ports. So..yeah, that part was kinda painful. But I'm glad we sorted it out quickly.

By the way, could you please, point me to an amazon or aliexpress link to buy that card? I searched both sites for "BCM94352MHB" and I got no result. I guess I'm doing something wrong...maybe?

Got it. :)

I'm not sure which brand the touchpad is... But I used the ApplePS2SmartTouchpad.kext to get both the trackpad and the keyboard working. :) It was a pain to work on the laptop using external USB mouse and keyboard, especially since I also needed another USB port to transfer files from and to the USB drive, and this particular model has only 2 ports. So..yeah, that part was kinda painful. But I'm glad we sorted it out quickly.

By the way, could you please, point me to an amazon or aliexpress link to buy that card? I searched th sites for "BCM94352MHB" and I got no result. I guess I'm doing something wrong...maybe?

My friend Im very sorry it was a typo! BCM94352HMB that's the one! Excuse a humble forum visitor! And you're using the right thing for your keyboard and touchpad. make sure to use a program called Spark, with which you can set shortcuts for controlling brightness and sound and so many other things.

Also you will have to search for the guide I mentioned above

Don't worry, the card will work, cause Asus laptops very rarely have BIOS whitelist . So it all should be a-okay!

• Like 1

My friend Im very sorry it was a typo! BCM94352HMB that's the one! Excuse a humble forum visitor! And you're using the right thing for your keyboard and touchpad. make sure to use a program called Spark, with which you can set shortcuts for controlling brightness and sound and so many other things.

Also you will have to search for the guide I mentioned above

Don't worry, the card will work, cause Asus laptops very rarely have BIOS whitelist . So it all should be a-okay!

You know...it's a privilege and a great pleasure to talk to people like you. And again, I'm deeply thankful for all your help on this matter.

About the card, Amazon seems to have a bunch of those, from different manufacturers. I don't even know which one to chose. All ranging from about $8 to around $45. Which one do you have? Do you remember the manufacturer/vendor?

Also, thank you very much for the tips. I'll try them, for sure.

No problem man! I like to give back all I can to a community that has helped me so much!

You know...it's a privilege and a great pleasure to talk to people like you. And again, I'm deeply thankful for all your help on this matter.

About the card, Amazon seems to have a bunch of those, from different manufacturers. I don't even know which one to chose. All ranging from about $8 to around $45. Which one do you have? Do you remember the manufacturer/vendor?

Also, thank you very much for the tips. I'll try them, for sure.

About the card, I bought this one since Amazon wouldn't ship to me, but as long they have the same Broadcom Model it should be ok because you will be using a Fake PCI ID

Mine is this: http://es.aliexpress.com/item/BroadCom-AzureWave-BCM4352-BCM94352HMB-Half-Mini-PCIe-PCI-express-802-11AC-867Mhz-Wireless-WIFI-WLAN-Bluetooth/32240036750.html

I am yet to install it and make it work since I bought it recently and its still shipping.

When I get it done I can help you with that too

I will be waiting for your reply on the ACPI files and kexts and your opinion so we can mark the thread as solved, and open a new one for the WiFi.

And I am happy I took the time to learn about ACPI so I can help many people! :D

Anyway I am happy to help, but remember to tell your friend it was not a successful hackintosh thanks to you only :)

No problem man! I like to give back all I can to a community that has helped me so much!

About the card, I bought this one since Amazon wouldn't ship to me, but as long they have the same Broadcom Model it should be ok because you will be using a Fake PCI ID

Mine is this: http://es.aliexpress.com/item/BroadCom-AzureWave-BCM4352-BCM94352HMB-Half-Mini-PCIe-PCI-express-802-11AC-867Mhz-Wireless-WIFI-WLAN-Bluetooth/32240036750.html

I am yet to install it and make it work since I bought it recently and its still shipping.

When I get it done I can help you with that too

I will be waiting for your reply on the ACPI files and kexts and your opinion so we can mark the thread as solved, and open a new one for the WiFi.

And I am happy I took the time to learn about ACPI so I can help many people! :D

Anyway I am happy to help, but remember to tell your friend it was not a successful hackintosh thanks to you only :)

He knows I got great help from you and Rehabman. I give credit where credit is due. And I don't take credit for something I didn't do. It's just the way I am.

Amazon also doesn't ship to my country. But aliexpress does. Problem with that is, of course, the long time waiting for the item to be shipped (unless you buy something more expensive). But anyway, important thing was to know the model. And now I do. :)

Yes, please, let me know how it works for you, when you get yours. :D

Udpate: found that card for about $30 in a local online shop.  So no need to order from Amazon or aliexpress anymore. :D Let's see how it goes.

Holly... Thanks a lot man!

I'll try the things you proposed on Monday, since I don't have the laptop near me.

Could you please, tell me how to fix the WiFi issue? Buying a new card, I assume? If so, which one? And do you have any idea if that's gonna work ok on Windows?

How did it go?

How did it go?

Well, so far, we're not gonna order the new card.I saw a "hack" on the internet to make the existing one work by covering pin 20 of the wifi card. Of course, after that, I think I will still need some software tricks too. But...anyway, I didn't get the chance to try the DSDTs. Hopefully tomorrow we'll do that. Did you get your card? Did you try it?

Well, so far, we're not gonna order the new card.I saw a "hack" on the internet to make the existing one work by covering pin 20 of the wifi card. Of course, after that, I think I will still need some software tricks too. But...anyway, I didn't get the chance to try the DSDTs. Hopefully tomorrow we'll do that. Did you get your card? Did you try it?

What card are you talking about? What is the name of the current card installed?

I need bluetooth also, so I am gonna install the new one.

Will work at 5 ghz, much better than the Atheros AR9485 I have

What card are you talking about? What is the name of the current card installed?

I need bluetooth also, so I am gonna install the new one.

Will work at 5 ghz, much better than the Atheros AR9485 I have

WiFi chipset is a Broadcom BCM43142.

I hope it works...

You could always try to fake the id of the card in the dsdt, before physically modifying it. At least thaats what i would do. I also insist that you try out my modded dsdt and ssdt i sent you and see the potential of ACPI edits

So you should buy the one I bought. Use my DSDT and SSDT and kexts that were provided and all should be smooth like butter! :D

When I finally install the card I can tell you all about how to make it work!

I'd like when you can to report if all the patches I implemented are working correctly!

So you should buy the one I bought. Use my DSDT and SSDT and kexts that were provided and all should be smooth like butter! :D

When I finally install the card I can tell you all about how to make it work!

I'd like when you can to report if all the patches I implemented are working correctly!

It's not my computer. So it's not my decision whether to buy the card or not. I suggested it as a good solution to this issue. We'll see how that goes. :)

Anyway, I will let you know about the DSDTs and everything. Thank you very much for your help.

Oki dokey! If he wants he can buy a Wifi USB stick, but that will break sleep and restart functions when being used. It's what I use right now.

A good one is Dlink DWA 131, very cheap, small , fast, and El Capitan compatible!

Your ACPI files were so close to mine it was not hard to patch them!

When you are testing them please go to About this Mac, System report, and tell me if there is any mention of NVIDIA.

For USB and sleep to work properly it will require several tests with ACPI files.

If you stay in Mavericks, the ACPI files I provided will get you close to 100% functionality.

If you decide El Capitan then we will conduct the tests, but you need to be available for that, or you can try and do them for your self, google El Capitan USB Changes, and read about PWRD patches. I did the hard work , you just would need to open your DSDT and apply one patch. If it didn't work there is the alternate version. Thats it.

Anyways test the ACPI files, test sleep, restart, graphics performance etc.

Do you have any sound on it yet? 

Oki dokey! If he wants he can buy a Wifi USB stick, but that will break sleep and restart functions when being used. It's what I use right now.

A good one is Dlink DWA 131, very cheap, small , fast, and El Capitan compatible!

Your ACPI files were so close to mine it was not hard to patch them!

When you are testing them please go to About this Mac, System report, and tell me if there is any mention of NVIDIA.

For USB and sleep to work properly it will require several tests with ACPI files.

If you stay in Mavericks, the ACPI files I provided will get you close to 100% functionality.

If you decide El Capitan then we will conduct the tests, but you need to be available for that, or you can try and do them for your self, google El Capitan USB Changes, and read about PWRD patches. I did the hard work , you just would need to open your DSDT and apply one patch. If it didn't work there is the alternate version. Thats it.

Anyways test the ACPI files, test sleep, restart, graphics performance etc.

Do you have any sound on it yet? 

Hey

So...the laptop is using El Capitan already. So...are the patches still compatible? And no...no sound yet. I tried using Toleda's script, but it couldn't detect the audio codec. So that didn't work.

My ACPI files will work perfectly. Yet you will need to apply either USB PWRD 0x00 or USB PWRD 0x06. When you figure out which one works ( matter of trying both ) then usb ports will work good and sleep too, but sleep only works ok if you generate a custom ssdt for your cpu, as I mentioned earlier

You could patch AppleHda for your codec.. Its the best way. Much more quality than voodoohda. Google guide to patch applehda, and if its too hard for you then google applehda requests, its a thread by mirone, he helps with AppleHDA patching

• Like 1

Hey

So...the laptop is using El Capitan already. So...are the patches still compatible? And no...no sound yet. I tried using Toleda's script, but it couldn't detect the audio codec. So that didn't work.

What's is your codec??? Maybe i can try to help you :)

Can you upload of ScreenShot of DPCIManager?? I want to see Audio Codec Information :)

• Like 1