5 posts in this topic

Okay, so I have a triple boot system and I'm having a range of problems with clover icon_e_biggrin.gif first off

1) it's not even showing up! the PC boots automatically into Windows, and when I select one of the TWO(?) "Mac OS X"s from my motherboard's boot picker it just boots me into Windows as well. I tried a fix to change bootmgfw.efi in EFI/Microsoft to cloverx64.efi but this just kept windows from booting and only allowed me to boot up Mac.
2) there are several options for Windows, like four. how do I hide the options I don't need? I can't seem to be able to do it from Clover Configurator so can someone please help?
3) Arch Linux is not showing up at all under Clover. Note to you guys: I'd really like to NOT have to setup Arch all over again.

Any help would be so appreciated! My main complaint about these forums is that it seems I can hardly ever get a reply.. so break the cycle! Thank you.

P.S. If nobody knows a fix, I feel like maybe uninstalling Clover first and then trying a fresh reinstall might work. Anyone know how to do this without breaking my system? :~D

1) it's not even showing up! the PC boots automatically into Windows, and when I select one of the TWO(?) "Mac OS X"s from my motherboard's boot picker it just boots me into Windows as well. I tried a fix to change bootmgfw.efi in EFI/Microsoft to cloverx64.efi but this just kept windows from booting and only allowed me to boot up Mac.

Are there any hard disk entries starting with UEFI?

2) there are several options for Windows, like four. how do I hide the options I don't need? I can't seem to be able to do it from Clover Configurator so can someone please help?

What are the four options for Windows? Did you try this (Clover-Wiki)? Is Windows installed as Legacy or UEFI?

You can get your partition GUIDs in Clover bootlog (CloverConfigurator -> Generate BootLog). 

Another way to manage Clover selections is to disable/enable Legacy - Entries - Tools etc. in Scan section of GUI part in config.plist or CloverConfigurator.

Are there any hard disk entries starting with UEFI?

What are the four options for Windows? Did you try this (Clover-Wiki)? Is Windows installed as Legacy or UEFI?

You can get your partition GUIDs in Clover bootlog (CloverConfigurator -> Generate BootLog). 

Another way to manage Clover selections is to disable/enable Legacy - Entries - Tools etc. in Scan section of GUI part in config.plist or CloverConfigurator.

yes there are entries beginning with UEFI, but not for Mac.

Windows is installed as UEFI, GPT, even though the options say legacy windows I think Windows is definitely installed UEFI GPT (MBR would be impossible with the system layout I have; UEFI is simply UEFI).

@Feliks,

For BIOS you should try one of the UEFI entries followed by your main hard drive name where Clover is installed.

Also, you have mentioned that Windows loads automatically without showing the Clover screen - it's good to check which messages appear on the screen before that. Windows requires a bootloader to load in UEFI mode, which apparently is Clover if correctly installed. It might be that you have a setting in config.plist not to show the Clover GUI (like Timeout=0) so that it loads without showing anything - just an idea but worth double-checking.

If Windows is installed as UEFI (which is correct for your GPT setup) then try unchecking Legacy in GUI -> Scan of CloverConfigurator.