2007 imac (24'') Power supply fried?

4 posts in this topic

I have a 2007 24''imac that does not respond to power button pushes (Black screen, no chime, no nothing). From the threads in the forum and online, that usually suggests two possibilities: power, or video card.

I took out the power board, and there is a burnt area as shown in the photos. Does it look like normal wear-and-tear, since this is the component that handles lot of heat (which means I will have to continue to find a way to test the video card)? Or, it is surely a dead board. Right now I don't have any replacement on hand to test. So I will need to decide wether to buy a power board (~$100), or a video card (>$150), or just throw the whole thing to ebay?

Thanks

Qi

post-1650633-0-73208400-1453147123_thumb.jpg

post-1650633-0-10535300-1453147126_thumb.jpg

post-1650633-0-94639700-1453147126_thumb.jpg

Looks like you had a current spike. Did you have your iMac plugged into a UPS? Or into a current stabilizer?

I have an identical iMac with logic board dead but functioning power supply, video card, etc., I can sell you the power supply for less of that sum if you want but I have to arrange the shipping and I don't know how much it will cost. Where in the world are you?

Unfortunately, it was plugged directly to the wall :-/

I am in California, US. So yes, if it is not big trouble for you and the shipping cost makes sense, I'd like to have that power board :-)

Feel free to check out the shipping and the amount you prefer. I will pay you by paypal if it works out.

Thanks

Qi