Need someone to explain me where i'm doing wrong (6650M)

JoachimCraeye

8 posts in this topic

Hello, another struggling soul when it comes to AMD Radeon HD 6650M

I got to the point where it looks as if i’m almost there, as the graphics are more or less stable.

Also is my graphic card partly recognised, just wrong model and wrong videoram, should be AMD Radeon HD 6650M 2048 MB

Also when for example, I’m opening Launchpad its pretty clear I’m not getting full acceleration

post-1531688-0-51224800-1453079926_thumb.png

In my clover config file in the tab kernel and kext patches  I’m having 

post-1531688-0-64624700-1453080042_thumb.png

post-1531688-0-26640000-1453080088_thumb.png

SSDT-6.aml being the PEGP File

DSDT.aml & SSSDT6.aml  are system files that i compiled.

SSDT.aml was made by ssdtPRGen.sh 

ioreg attached as well

and my video bios

DSDT SSDT SSDT6 IOREG VBIOS.zip

i hope someone can tell me whats missing

PS i realise I’m not there yet, i’m missing sound and such, but i just started on this machine , and wanted to sort this first

At some point i tried the extraction of the dsdt code from the Vrom, but that resulted in me having a text file (sorta) with like 100’s and 100’s of short hexest thats where i lost it an was utterly lost. Please, teach me :)

HI thanks for your input, what do you mean all in one? like writing it instead of using clover ? or using another app? would you mind clarifying somewhat, like an online example if you please. and not sure what to patch vidiobios with hehe, edid? 

im not exactly new new , but I'm not a coder or so either, i pick things up tho... after i understand em :P

EDIT: you mean with that aty_image?

I dun really get that part

HI thanks for your input, what do you mean all in one? like writing it instead of using clover ? or using another app? would you mind clarifying somewhat, like an online example if you please. and not sure what to patch vidiobios with hehe, edid? 

im not exactly new new , but I'm not a coder or so either, i pick things up tho... after i understand em :P

EDIT: you mean with that aty_image?

I dun really get that part

Not aty_image. In the Graphics section of Clover Configurator, you didn't check LoadVBios and PatchVBios. Check them

• 2 weeks later...

managed it to get it working after all, and now that i did, it is so very simple :/ but if you don't know how it looks impossible lol

only issue left now, is how to make the 'about this mac' windows show the correct model. as it shows 6750m instead of  6650m

i read somewhere its a cosmetic issue, but they don't say how to fix it.

its running 10.11.3 now