USB-Fix for El Capitan

spakk

82 posts in this topic

this can work, you have to plug-in every time. if you have to write, then plug-in the keyboard. if you need the mouse then plug the mouse.

I think that after the installation will not occur this problem....I suppose that at the moment only one USB port is active, this is crazy

this can work, you have to plug-in every time. if you have to write, then plug-in the keyboard. if you need the mouse then plug the mouse.

I think that after the installation will not occur this problem.

I've tried this before and I can confirm it doesnt work for me. Try it RudeJake and let us know if works for you ^^

as I understand him, he used the IOUSBFamily.kext and IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext from Mavericks or from Yosemite,

I have used the contents of the package partly from Yosemite 10.10.5 and from El Capitan. I can not test this on my system, you have to test this on your system and give us report

First, install V3 package, then install these two drivers into S/L/E .....it may be that the prelinked kernel can not created, but you can adjust later

Edited by spakk

i have installed them, and nothing still mouse not working, will try to make yosemite 10.10.5, hopefully it will work

check this here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/310404-usb-fix-for-el-capitan/page-5?do=findComment&comment=2221811put the driver into Extra/Extensions

I am so glad to have read this post. I had been struggling to install El Capitan with Clover, and when I succeeded, I saw no advantage over Enoch, certainly it did not load faster. I will now forget Clover and remain with Enoch.

clover bootloader, is very complex and can be a lot more, but it is very complicated for the beginning. Enoch very is simple

omg! it's working thank you so much! almost gave up hope on this :)

please describe exactly how you solved this issue, so other user can follow your description

@spakk

thank you for all you do.  one last thing and i think my 10.11.3 install will be perfect

Mar 13 08:14:20 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBAudio - library kext com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily not found

i get this error during boot, and my usb audio interfaces are a little faulty.  any ideas?

hi derget1212, install dpci-manager.app or systeminfo.app and send me a picture where it is seen, what hardware is installed in your system with vendor-id and device id and upload your dsdt and the ioreg file

no dsdt.  can't figure out how to patch correctly, but here are some screenshots of system info

delete the driver that I have posted you and install this patched driver for (3483:1106) in to /Extra/Extensions, use Kext wizard, fix the permissions etc ... and report with a picture of SystemInfo.app

SuperVIAATA.kext.zip

I have  Intel  DXR79SR  motherboard with  Renesas Electronics  3.0 USB ports ,and  Intel 2.0 ports. I tried  various methods to get  them all working , but  best solution was to edit SSDT ,which is not recommended and my system will not shutdown,only reboots ,I'm on Yosemite now  with GenericUSB.kext .To get  3.o usb to work but it's buggy you have to hot plug them  a few times to get them to pop onto the desktop any idea if this solution will work on my board ? 

• 1 month later...

I have an interesting information here for Clover users, which may be very helpful... Yesterday I have faced USB problem, which I didn't faced before, I was as usually installing all USB-Fix package (or just IOUSBFamily.kext, IOUSBMAssStorageDriver.kextIOUSBMassStorageClass.kext from the package), then I was repairing permissions, rebuilding cache etc. Everything was perfect with the Enoch bootloader: mouse - working, keyboard - working, actually all USB ports were working, that method also always worked for Clover. With Enoch bootloader I always using USBLegacyOff=Yes boot flag (in Clover you should use FixOwnership), so while I was booting my system with clover and in verbose mode, I noticed that in some reason all USB Ports are injecting, the same happening when you are using USB injection in Clover config file, which you don't actually need. And as the result, all my ports were not working, not mouse, not even keyboard. My BooterConfig was set as "0x28" and my CsrActiveConfig was set as "0x67", so everything was correct. Then I just put all USB-Fix drivers on my EFI partition (EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11) and after that everything worked as I expected. I don't know exactly why it's happening, maybe it has something to do with SIP protection, I don't know, but if you're facing same problems, then you have to add USB-Fix package both in S/L/E and EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11! Also you can add AHCIPortInjector.kext inside clover location (from where kexts are injected). And very important thing, as marius described, in clover config you need to disable all ACPI patches for USB (e.g. USBFix).

p.s. I've uploaded kexts, which I've used for Clover.

package.zip

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

upload your extra-folder including raw dsdt and ioreg file, then we check what is the possible cause.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

10.11 is always really painful for me. I'm currently stuck on the installation already.

i tried to get this USB Fix working on my system for more than 4 hours now, i really need a brake.... it solves the EHCI log spamming and the system boot successful, but it kills my whole input(excluding ps2 keyboard, which shall work with ps2 drivers :) )

I followed the thread and already see users with my mainboard, but they just don't write anymore here, so i guess they solved it already...

My config:

USB: Logitech Mouse

USB: Dedicated USB Numpad

PS2: Logitech Keyboard

Things i tried so far:

- Using u'r v3 fix

- Using the AHCIPortInjector.kext in E/E and S/L/E

- Using Shanee's fix (Basically the same)

- Booting with USBBuxFix=Yes/No same for USBLegacyOff=Yes/No

- Using old known working kexts from yosemite.

- Using different mouses, keyboards...

My Bootargs are "-v UseKernelCache=No dart=0 npci=0x3000" and my Mainboard is a ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0. Anything we can do here? Thanks :)

Edit: Works now, no future investigations needed, i just used a ps2 keyboard only :) with a proper voodoops2 installation

• 4 months later...
Hi!

I tested Shaneee's USB Fix and Spakk USB Fix

Shaneee's USBEHCI (USB2.0) not work, but there are USB info

Spakk USB is fully working, not working USB audio, and there is no info USB

Tested El Capitan and macOS Sierra

post-1166679-0-41202300-1478711723_thumb.png

post-1166679-0-00055700-1478711725_thumb.png

post-1166679-0-37627700-1478711728_thumb.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello!

USBAudio still does not work!

I found a USB Prober application earlier versions of Xcode.

I have attached results generated by the program to see if it will help you find the cause of the problem!

Thank you in advance for your help!

post-1166679-0-30440300-1481050618_thumb.png

post-1166679-0-06647400-1481050620_thumb.png

USB Bus Probe.txt

• 8 months later...