USB-Fix for El Capitan

spakk

82 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

I see it as appropriate, when we talk here about the USB problems that arise when installing El Capitan on intel/AMD Hackintosh, or my approach to use Yosemite kext drivers to fix the USB problems.

the first attempt V1, was for me the proof that it is the right way, the packet V2 has ultimately convinced me that it works. I do not need to patch any DSDT and all USB drives/ Ports operate as they have previously worked with Yosemite.

• Like 5

The main problem I was having is it kept refusing to replace certain kexts saying resource is busy. I was using Lion though. I can use my old intel hackintosh but it's a pain because I only have one case lol (until I get my tax refund). I'll let you know if it works on my amd 6300.

The main problem I was having is it kept refusing to replace certain kexts saying resource is busy. I was using Lion though. I can use my old intel hackintosh but it's a pain because I only have one case lol (until I get my tax refund). I'll let you know if it works on my amd 6300.

FYI, duh, it was fixed when I restarted Lion and used MyHack (not sure if I can mention that here). It's an older version though.

Also figured out the quote issue (obviously been awhile since I posted on a forum).

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Spakk,

thank you very much for your work. 

I've broken my system so many times trying to fix the usb ports, that I would like to be sure I'm doing it this time right.

My specs: Asus Sabertooth Z97, i7 4690K , 32 GB Ram, El Captain 10.11.3

Is this correct?

Step 1. Delete

IOUSBFamily.kext,

IOUSBMAssStorageDriver.kext,

IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext

or rename all drivers in to *bak.

from /System/Library/Extensions/

Step 2. Install drivers ( kexts ) from the package. 

All of them from package v2 ? There are pretty many in it.

Does it mean I just have to copy them over to /System/Library/Extensions/ or use app like KextWizard?

Step 3. Fix permissions and renew kernel.

Just type below into terminal?

sudo chown root: admin /

sudo kextcache system-prelinked kernel

sudo kextcache system caches 

• Like 1

There's been quite a few topics and discussions on the matter. Rehabman has a substantial guide for USB ports fixing under ElCapitan.

I, for one, stick to the USBinjector kext that I adjust according to my IOReg/DSDT. It's extremely simple and brings all USB ports to life within a matter of minutes:

1) Checkup DSDT code for devices EHC1, EHC2, XHCx

2) Rename USB2.0 controllers from EHC1/EHC2 to EH01/EH02

3) Make a good/thorough note of all ports as listed under EH01/EH02, knowing that multiple ports may all be listed under a hub called PR01 or similar

4) Tune your USBInjector kexts so that:

• it shows the correct port-count under each controller
  • each port is set with its correct number
  • each port is set to USBconnector type 2 or 3 (2 is for USB2.0 type, 3 is for USB3.0 type)

5) Place USBInjector kext in /E/E, repair permissions and rebuild cache

6) Reboot and all USB ports should be functional

Sounds fun, but after step 2:

I could never boot again to my system and had to reinstall the system and all programs, what is a problem, as I use the hack as my main work machine:(

Not to mention that steps like "checking dsdt code" sound like magic for me. I will learn more, but doubt if I will gain enough knowledge to follow this procedure.

Post your IOREg and DSDT, I'll look into it.

It's easy enough to save the revised DSDT under a name such as "DSDT_new.aml" and manually call that revised DSDT at boot time. If it kills the installation, you just reboot without any option and revert to the previous working DSDT. Then Bob's your uncle... It really is how anyone should test DSDT in a safe manner.

Thank you. How do I make a copy of my DSDT? I've tried using dsdt editor, but when I choose "extract dsdt" nothing shows up:( 

( I'm using clover to boot if it matters and I boot from my harddrive, not usb flashdrive  )

So, your your default USB2.0 (built-in) ports arrangements are as follows:

attachicon.gifUSB2.0ports_IOReg.jpg

In the DSDT this is reflected by:

• EHC1 controller @001D0000, 1 x hub PR01, 8 x ports numbered PR11 to PR18  -- > EDIT - This would be USB 2.0 ports ?
  • EHC2 controller @001A0000, 1 x hub PR01, 6 x ports numbered PR11 to PR16 -- > EDIT  - This would be USB 3.0 ports ?

Please let me take is step by step to understand well.

This 14 ports of USB2.0 type, which you have found are: ( I marked red from my specs for my motherboard )

Intel® Z97 chipset : 

6 x USB 3.0/2.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, blue, 4 at mid-board)

ASMedia® USB 3.0 controller : 

2 x USB 3.0/2.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, blue)

Intel® Z97 chipset : 

8 x USB 2.0/1.1 port(s) (4 at back panel, black, 4 at mid-board) 

If that is correct, I should change:

So those 2 x devices must be renamed to EH01 and EH02 in the DSDT.

Can I change it via MaciASL ? 

Hi arstherapia, have you tries the haswell.dmg from rampagedev? Rampagedev has created a matching SSDT.aml for your motherboard, moreover, still a SSDT-1.aml with USB Patch for 10.11 for Clover bootloader. click here

or download the attachment

Haswell.dmg.zip

Hi arstherapia, have you tries the haswell.dmg from rampagedev? Rampagedev has created a matching SSDT.aml for your motherboard, moreover, still a SSDT-1.aml with USB Patch for 10.11 for Clover bootloader. click here

or download the attachment

{censored}. I've done this and cannot access my computer now. It hangs on ... please press del or f2 to enter bios setting... but even that is not responding... {censored} {censored} {censored}.

I managed to get to clover boot via pendrive and when booting from my hdd in safe mode, it hangs on:

usb sound assertion in buildroot/Library/Caches/com.apple/xbs/...

After unplugging the usb soundcard, it hangs on iobluetooth. From what I've read, this has smth to do with graphics, so I tried to:

a) inject nvidia drivers via clover boot options - no luck

B) start in safe mode - no luck either.

wtf?

I think I've tried pretty everything. Booting in verbose mode, in safe mode, injecting nvidia, changing smbios options to MacPro 3,1... still it's a no go.

Thank you, Herve, my last hope is in you:)

That's strange, even if I delete the reference to DSDT in clover menu, set smbios to the one I used to succeed in booting - MacPro 3,1 and inject the nvidia drivers, I still cannot boot to my os - apple logo, bar progressing to the end and no-go further...

It happened many times before after installing clover bootloader via clover configurator or clover install. I always had to reinstall the system and all of programs, that is really a lot. I hope this time I will be more successfull with your help...

Thanks once again.

EDIT: I've tried to boot with -x -v -f GraphicsEnabler=NO nv_disable=1 , but still no success. Hangs on IOBluetoothHostController... 

Thank you so much! 

Just tell me please, how can I place this if I cannot boot into desktop...

I've managed to copy the files, however, it's still won't boot. Must have something wrong with clover bootoader, maybe the config.plist is wrong? I've also change it to different right before the crash... 

Hi Spakk!

I use a USB Fix_for_El_Capitan_V2 package

I use a USB sound card, but it does not work.

There is no USB Information

The onboard sound card only works with voodoohda, but too quiet

Did you have any idea?

ps.: The other USB devices work.

post-1166679-0-73102100-1454862279_thumb.png

post-1166679-0-64161100-1454862280_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Spakk!

I use a USB Fix_for_El_Capitan_V2 package
I use a USB sound card, but it does not work.
There is no USB Information
The onboard sound card only works with voodoohda, but too quiet
Did you have any idea?

ps.: The other USB devices work.

is just not displayed, but it should work

After enabling patch, my mouse doesn't work... help me

Please write your full hardware specifications in your signature, so that anyone can  help you

it should work, upload your extra folder, possibly not all necessary drivers installed in Extra / extensions.

These drivers should be installed into  Extra/Extensions/, so as to ensure that the system can running with the basic hardware, everything else must after be installed for example, certain chipset drivers etc ...

Extra_Extensions.zip

These drivers should be installed into  Extra/Extensions/, so as to ensure that the system can running with the basic hardware, everything else must after be installed for example, certain chipset drivers etc ...

Thank you...

But impossible is not working the mouse during installation.

Hello,

Update for El Capitan 10.11. - 10.11.4 Build 15E22e use USB-Fix_V2, 
10.11.4 Build 15E33e use only USB-Fix_V3

I've downloaded El Capitan from the App Store but it's the 10.11.3 version I think, not the 10.11.4, so... what should I use? v2 or v3?

Thanks

Hello,

I've downloaded El Capitan from the App Store but it's the 10.11.3 version I think, not the 10.11.4, so... what should I use? v2 or v3?

Thanks

if you're not sure, then install first version V2, repair the permissions, then create the prelinkedKernel, should be the prelinkedkernel not created, then install version V3 .....repair the permissions, then create the prelinkedKernel,