Dual-monitor setup with Clover and Nvidia GT 630

arsradu

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'm trying to connect and use both my monitors simultaneously, using Clover as boot loader and a Gigabyte Nvidia GT 630 graphics card.

So far, I didn't have much success with that. Trying to boot with both monitors connected results in sort of a boot loop. Clover menu loads fine, first boot loads fine, when switching to second boot, the monitor enters sleep mode, nothing shows up afterwards.

Everything works properly with a single monitor.

In case it makes any difference, one monitor (the main monitor) is connected via DVI, the other one would be connected via VGA.

Could you, please, help me fix this issue?

Hey guys,

I'm trying to connect and use both my monitors simultaneously, using Clover as boot loader and a Gigabyte Nvidia GT 630 graphics card.

So far, I didn't have much success with that. Trying to boot with both monitors connected results in sort of a boot loop. Clover menu loads fine, first boot loads fine, when switching to second boot, the monitor enters sleep mode, nothing shows up afterwards.

Everything works properly with a single monitor.

In case it makes any difference, one monitor (the main monitor) is connected via DVI, the other one would be connected via VGA.

Could you, please, help me fix this issue?

You have to hardcode your GT into the DSDT for proper VGA support. Take a search about "DSDT NVIDIA"

You have to hardcode your GT into the DSDT for proper VGA support. Take a search about "DSDT NVIDIA"

I searched for DSDT NVIDIA. But I guess I'm not doing it right, cause I couldn't find anything about this. Can this be done from Clover, maybe using its DSDT patching? And if so, any idea how?

I searched for DSDT NVIDIA. But I guess I'm not doing it right, cause I couldn't find anything about this. Can this be done from Clover, maybe using its DSDT patching? And if so, any idea how?

No, take a look http://tonymacx86.blogspot.de/2010/01/advanced-dsdt-fixes-nvidia-graphics.html?m=1

@Mods i know this is Tony but i use it only as a guide reference.

• Like 1

No, take a look http://tonymacx86.blogspot.de/2010/01/advanced-dsdt-fixes-nvidia-graphics.html?m=1

@Mods i know this is Tony but i use it only as a guide reference.

Thanks a lot. I'll try that.

By the look of it, it might be possible to achieve the same thing by adding a modded device-properties in Clover. I already added a few things in an attempt to fix the Apple logo for the second stage boot. Didn't work so far. :)) But that's another story. Thing is, I might be able to do the same thing using device properties hex in Clover. We'll see. :)

Maybe I'll post a tutorial on that if I succeed. So far, I'll try it that way and see if it helps.

Thank you very much.

Isn't GraphicsEnabler a flag for Chameleon? I'm using Clover.

Haha .. I have it in my string, but I spent hours to get everything to work. I should remove it. Sorry.

I also extracted nvcaps, but I don't want to remove it to experiment.

Did you install the nvidia web drivers?

Haha .. I have it in my string, but I spent hours to get everything to work. I should remove it. Sorry.

I also extracted nvcaps, but I don't want to remove it to experiment.

Did you install the nvidia web drivers?

I did. And I uninstalled it. I got the same results for both cases...

I also have NVCAP added and...apparently no difference. In my experience, with or without it, I got the same behavior. Not sure what exactly is it supposed to do. But fixing my dual-monitor issue it did not.

I did. And I uninstalled it. I got the same results for both cases...

I also have NVCAP added and...apparently no difference. In my experience, with or without it, I got the same behavior. Not sure what exactly is it supposed to do. But fixing my dual-monitor issue it did not.

Another thing that made a big difference for the triple monitor was my machine profile. I have 14,1 now. If I revert back I lose one (and I believe sometimes one of the others too). 

Well, the answer (even with Clover) is: adding NVCAP. That fixed it for me. Unfortunately, switching to another SMBIOS didn't do anything for me.

And...amazingly enough, that fixed the second stage boot logo and loading bar, as well. :)

post-1303722-0-07192300-1453116787_thumb.png

Thanks everyone for your cooperation. :)

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Well, the answer (even with Clover) is: adding NVCAP. That fixed it for me. Unfortunately, switching to another SMBIOS didn't do anything for me.

And...amazingly enough, that fixed the second stage boot logo and loading bar, as well. :)

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-01-18 at 1.32.32 PM.png

Thanks everyone for your cooperation. :)

Which program do you use to adding NVCAP..

Thanks