[pre-release] OS X El Capitan 10.11.4

fantomas

69 posts in this topic

Installed, rebooted and got stuck at OsxAptioFixDrv error allocating memory rubbish. Crashes in safe mode, won't boot in any other.

Same here on ASUS X99-E WS with EL CAPITAN on Samsung PCIe SSD. Stuck at OsxAptioFix. Nothing helps: no cache boot, safe boot or anything else

I updated to 15E49a; didn't get the OsxAptioFixDrv issue, but I ended up with broken audio due to:

2/22/16 8:51:49.000 PM kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:2/22/16 8:51:49.000 PM kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]:  __ZN11IOPCIDevice9metaClassE
2/22/16 8:51:49.000 PM kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]:  __ZN20IOACPIPlatformDevice9metaClassE
2/22/16 8:51:49.000 PM kernel[0]: Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA - link failed.
2/22/16 8:51:49.000 PM kernel[0]: Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA.
2/22/16 8:51:49.000 PM kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA failed to load (0xdc008016).
2/22/16 8:51:49.000 PM kernel[0]: Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (error 0xdc008016).
2/22/16 8:51:49.545 PM com.apple.kextd[69]: Failed to load /Library/Extensions/AppleHDA1150.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDALoader.kext - (libkern/kext) link error.
2/22/16 8:51:49.547 PM com.apple.kextd[69]: Load com.apple.driver.AppleHDA failed; removing personalities from kernel.
Copying the AppleHDA.kext from the previous beta *and rebooting* fixed the issue (you can manually kextload it, but even though the kernel will load it just fine, it won't restore audio, you truly need to reboot)

FredWst's post on the Ozmosis thread gave me the fix for my OsxAptioFixDrv issue. I had to change my SIP value from 0x3 to 0x53 (or 0x43) to allow unrestricted nvram access.

Anyway, now that I got it booting again, they've fixed the usb audio issue I had with the last beta.

• Like 1

Lost ethernet p5k-vm (Yukon-88E8056) 10.11.4. Any1 can send me IOnetworkingFamily.kext (10.11.4 15e49a) did not make a backup :-(

Apple problem:

If you can't connect to WiFi, follow these steps to update to version 3.28.2:

1. Follow the instructions to restart your Mac in OS X Recovery. After your Mac restarts, go to step 2.  
  2. Select Disk Utility from the list of OS X Utilities.
  3. Select your drive from the list of internal drives in the sidebar. The default name is "Macintosh HD." Your drive might have a different name or location, if you renamed or moved it.
  4. If the drive name is gray, then your drive might be protected by FileVault. Select File > Unlock from the Disk Utility menu,  and enter your FileVault password. 
  5. Select File > Mount in Disk Utility  to mount your drive, if it's not already mounted. 
  6. Quit Disk Utility. If you'd like to be able to copy and paste the command required in Step 8, select Get Help Online from the OS X Utilities list to open Safari and view this article on Apple's support site at support.apple.com/kb/HT6672. Quit Safari before you go to the next step. 
  7. Launch the Terminal app from Utilities > Terminal.
  8. Type (or copy and paste) this command as one line in Terminal. In the example below, the drive name is “Macintosh HD," and there's a space between Macintosh and HD. If your Mac's drive name is different, adjust the text:   

rm -rf “/Volumes/Macintosh HD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext”

9. Quit the Terminal app.
  10. Select Restart from the Apple menu.
  11. After your Mac restarts, your Ethernet connection should work.  
  12. Open the Terminal app and type this command to update to the current version of the “Incompatible Kernel Extension Configuration Data” kernel extension:

sudo softwareupdate --background

13. Quit Terminal and restart your Mac. 

After this Ethernet is working :-)

FredWst's post on the Ozmosis thread gave me the fix for my OsxAptioFixDrv issue. I had to change my SIP value from 0x3 to 0x53 (or 0x43) to allow unrestricted nvram access.

Anyway, now that I got it booting again, they've fixed the usb audio issue I had with the last beta.

i disabled sip all together and oz works again and thanks