Video editing programs can't write cache files

isakmo

7 posts in this topic

I will send 10$ via paypal to the one who solves this problem for me! This has been bugging me for too long now! (Thats ok as long as i don't advertise it in the title, right?)

Don't get intimidated if you're not into video editing, this is probably a problem unrelated to FCPX!

So, i just installed a Final Cut Pro X on my Hackintosh with Yosemite (10.10.5). However, the program won't generate any thumbnails for the videos. I have to skim the clips to get a preview of the content. 

171439d1452444029-video-editors-unable-w

After further investigation i discovered that neither did i get any audio waveforms, and the program used the original video files instead of the optimised ones, even though the transcoding had been successful. 

When taking a look at all my libraries, i saw that none of them had written any cached files (which contains the exact files I'm missing in my library). 

171440d1452444347-video-editors-unable-w

Now, this could of course be a fault in the program itself, but i don't think so. I have the EXACT same problems in iMovie and earlier versions of FCPX. I think this means that there has to be something wrong outside the program itself.

My FCPX (all versions + iMovie) can't run with the NVIDIA web drivers, so I'm using the OS X Default Graphics Driver. It seems unlikely that these problems are related, but i might as well mention it!

My configuration:

Processor

Intel i7 3820 @ 4,3ghz

Primary Harddrive

Samsung SSD 512GB (also containing Windows 10)

Graphics Card

Nvidia GTX 660 Ti (running OS X default driver)

Motherboard

Asus P9X79 PRO

RAM

16gb

Audio Card

Focusrite Scarlett 8i6

Bootloader

Chimera

OS

OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

Hello did you try to use clover ?

Bootflags should be nvda_drv=1

Try to repair disk premissions

I have repaired permissions, yes.

nvda_drv=1 didn't help me with. I tried using both the NVIDIA Web Driver and the OS X Default Graphics Driver.

How do i make the switch to clover? Maybe you could link me to a guide?