Injector for r9 390

dreadkopp

1 post in this topic

Aloha Community,

i am sitting in front of a MSI r9 390 8GB Gaming right now.

The card works fine in a real MacPro3,1 after adding the 390s deviceID to the AMD8000.kext and AMDRadeonX4000.kext.

problem is: after Update one would be prompted with a black screen, to fix it one need to swap the card to the original 5770, edit the kexts again, rebuild kextcache, swap cards back... well.. not so nice.

Since it seems impossible to change the cards deviceID via an edited Bios / Bios of a r9 290x 8Gb and clover + FakeID is no option on a real mac i need an injector to get the card to work.

what i did:

• copy AMD8000 and AMDRadeonX4000
  • strip everything except the Info.plist from the kexts
  • edit the Info.plist and add the 390s devID to it as well as changing the BundleVersion to a much higher Value
  • rename the kexts to unique names

Injectors are here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/w31qk1qw881fho6/Archiv.zip

Right now i test the card in a quick set up hackintosh (i3 550, DFI Lanparty P55-t36, clover 3215)

Problem here is:

fresh install: no acceleration (obviously)

after install of the injectors: After Bootscreen Mouse appears in upper left corner on black background (can be moved),

as soon as Loginscreen would be loaded screen goes black.

This way i cannot check if AMD8000 and AMDRadeonX4000.kext is loaded :/

tried with inject Ati  (monitor says no signal after boot) / without it (screen just turns black)

frame buffer used is Baladi 

Can anyone confirm that the injectors itself are correct and would work on the MacPro3,1? If not, what is wrong?

Hope you guys can help me!

Cheers