Stuck at Apple logo with no error!

6 posts in this topic

So I have the newest VMware and OS X leopard 10.10 image runnin and every time I click start machine it just loads up until the apple logo and doesn't do anything. What is going on? Any other way I can run Mac without having a Mac handy? I don't know anyone with a Mac.

1) It should be noted, that I've no idea of VmWare.

2) write your full hardware specifications in your signature.

3) boot with this flag: -v -f kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 or 0x3000

4) then see where the system stuck, ... I think, due to lack of drivers -> FakeSMC.kext and NullpowerManangement.kext? .... or graphics card makes trouble, and needs to be adjusted.  :)

So I have the newest VMware and OS X leopard 10.10 image runnin and every time I click start machine it just loads up until the apple logo and doesn't do anything. What is going on? Any other way I can run Mac without having a Mac handy? I don't know anyone with a Mac.

First of all 10.10 is has been called "Yosemite".  :P

Try VirtualBox instead from https://www.virtualbox.org/

• Like 2

OK, without some more information we cannot help, assuming you are wanting to run a virtual instance of OS X using VMware ESXi or Workstation/Player and a primary OS of Windows or Linux, then we can help. So we need to know exactly what versions of the stuff assumed with exact versions, where you have acquired your OS X image, your Processor details as well as an relevant information then we can help.

Have a look at the following "How to" thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290949-how-to-install-os-x-10x-from-snow-leopard-to-el-capitan-in-vmware-workstation-1012-player-68-or-esxi-56/

• Like 1

• 2 months later...