No Rear Line Out sound with GA-X99-UD4P and VoodooHDA 2.8.8

VooD

11 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm trying to get sound working in my GA-X99-UD4P with VoodooHDA 2.8.8 but although I get sound working using the front headphones jack, the rear green line output doesn't work at all.

I tried to use

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x090010ec</string>

so I could start tweaking nodes (which I don't understand at all by now), but when I put the device id, OS X doesn't recognize it at all.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I figured that the problem has to do with Windows. If I boot Windows, then reboot and load Mac OS X the rear output doesn't work. But if I turn off the computer and boot again sound works perfectly.

Any idea?

Thanks, I am already using the default plist. Now te only problem is I can't get if I boot OS X after Windows.

<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Audio</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ResetHDA</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
	</dict>

Clover makes clean bits 0-2 in Pci space address 0x44.

If you make PCI dumps working/non-working then we probably will see what is needed for your case.

DarwinDumper can do this.

Clover makes clean bits 0-2 in Pci space address 0x44.

If you make PCI dumps working/non-working then we probably will see what is needed for your case.

DarwinDumper can do this.

Hi did the LSPCI dumps with DarwinDumper, first with audio not working and the working. Hope this helps :)

Thanks in advance.

DarwinDumperReports.zip

I'll try to do a full report instead. Anyway it's strange cause after Windows, the backl output doesn't work, but the front one works as usual. Also the outputs are listed properly. In fact my loudspeakers keeps making a buzz noise all the time if I load OS X after Windows.

Mmmm I checked IOReg with and with no audio and it seems there is some differences, only in the part about the rear output. Also I noticed some differences in other places. 

"fffffffff" / "fffff" in some adresses (not an exact representation (I don't remember it exactly  :lol: )

audio.tiff

noaudio.tiff