Still waiting for root device.

Siralland

21 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have been trying for so long to install El Capitan on my Dell Venue 11 Pro (i5 processor). I looked at this post:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302665-guide-1010-yosemite-on-the-dell-venue-11-pro-core-ix/

but whenever I tried to do it, it would just say "Still waiting for root device". I tried Yosemite but I still got the same thing. I am not sure if I am missing a kext or if I did something wrong with my configurations.

Here is a video of my configurations:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B850KfzRnV9mN2I4R0FTQ2xLRkE/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for any help.

In the video, did I have the correct kexts?

I am not sure if you understand. I don't have any version of mac running on the machine. I just tried both versions of mac.

I am using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] (I know that this website doesn't like it though) as something to set it up. Do you recommend something else?

so you where not following the guide. we do not support those tools here and you really should know that. by using a non supported tool claiming that you have followed the guide, will only make things harder for you and all the people who are here to help you.

ps. do no try to bypass the censor by using - or . or whatever.

• Like 1

Sorry, I was just trying to let you know what I was using. Good news though :) I used wen1's config file and it seems to have worked :) Right now I have a loading corsor in the top left-hand corner. Let's see if it works :)

Now this is what it gets stuck on:IMG_0019.jpg

Then after a few minutes, it goes to this:IMG_0021.jpg

Any ideas?

it remains like that even if you move the cursor or press enter? if so, try booting with this fake id in clovers graphics menu> 0x0a168086

you also need two kexts like the guide says:  FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext 

probably you can just use the fake id until boot into the system installed, but if not, place the two kexts in the 10.11 folder of clover. almost there, mate :)

I feel stupid...

I just checked the files and it is missing... I just added it in and it is now loading on the white screen... Lets see how it goes.

One last problem (I hope) After it loaded, this is the setup menu...IMG_0024.jpg

Try changing the GUI resolution in Clover to 1024x768.  

• Like 1

I ordered one and I will get it Saturday. Once I install the Yosemite, will my Trackpad start working?

I'm afraid not, unfortunately, because it detracts from the utility of the device.  It's not really clear why this is the case since it is recognized as a Synaptic device, but no one I know of has been able to get it working.