WiFi signal drops intermittently

jsuarez388

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've been dealing with this issue for a while now. In January I talked to Apple and kinda fixed it, but sometimes the issue comes back. I recently had to switch to a new router cause mine stopped working and now my MBP seems to be dropping signal, takes a long time to load and when it seems to catch the signal the website that I am trying to load, loads instantly, so I know it's not an internet issue, more of my computer connecting and receiving/dealing with information from the router. All this happens without losing connection to my router, the wifi icon on my MBP never gets greyed out, and according to iStat Menus, Airport is receiving/sending data.

My other devices are not presenting this problem, they connect to the internet and I am able to load websites and such.

Here's what I've already tried:

*Reset router to factory settings / Changed SSID name and password / Channel set to AUTO 

* Done side by side connection speed tests of my MBP and the Windows laptop.

Windows speed: 2.50MB/s    -      Macbook Pro: 1.75 MB/s

*Changed my network settings accordingly with suggested settings I've found in this article.

post-1638976-0-40738000-1450987117_thumb.png post-1638976-0-97514400-1450987120_thumb.png post-1638976-0-86304200-1450987130_thumb.png

Any suggestions on this topic will be greatly appreaciated. I am a freelance designer and work from home so having reliable connection to the internet is a must for me.

My Macbook Pro does not have a LAN port

Macbook Pro Retina (Late 2013)

OSX El Capitan 10.11.1

:hysterical:

My idea is to install a fresh copy of OS X onto an external HDD and check if its hardware related. If it works with the external HDD the easiest will be to reinstall the OS. 

Merry Xmas  :santa: