HP Envy 17 6700HQ intel HD 530 partially working

Mikoman

107 posts in this topic

Hi there,

anyone has a luck with Sierra? From what i can tell it suffers the same windowserver crash. I did not try the patched kext so far. Not sure if it will work though. I will try later. 

post-83633-0-33630700-1481602457_thumb.jpg

post-83633-0-33630700-1481602457_thumb.jpg

Hi there,

anyone has a luck with Sierra? From what i can tell it suffers the same windowserver crash. I did not try the patched kext so far. Not sure if it will work though. I will try later. 

Funny that you ask this. I was looking to see if anyone tried sierra on this laptop literally couple of hours ago. Did you get it installed? What is the windowserver crash?

So i have managed to fix some things. 

Top left of the screen is a little bit glitchy but if you are not paying attention you wont even notice. 

Fixed by adding:

<key>Device</key>
<string>IntelGFX</string>
<key>Key</key>
<string>AAPL,GfxYTile</string>
<key>Value</key>
<string>AQAAAA==</string>

Thanks to PikeRalpha and guys on forum. 

Turned out there is no need to patch the SKLbuffer kext. Its working OOB with same plist (fakeid 191b0000) for elcpt. 

I had issue with SATA, Sierra did not recognised any SATA device just USB. But AHCI Injector fixed the issue (it was not needed in elcpt though). VoodooPS2 was causing kernel panic but the latest version fixed it. 

Working: full resolution with acceleration, sound, mic, webcam, touchpad, keyboard, BT, LAN, imessage

Not working: wifi, nvidia, hdmi, sleep

I bought cheap nano USB wifi dongle so this is my current workaround for wifi. 

The speedstep is working but it can't reach turbo states. So im limited to 2.6GHz for the moment. 

I will post a tutorial soon. 

So by generating ssdt.aml and placing it into /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched unlocked the turbo states but im still not sure if im getting all the power from it. 

post-83633-0-66556800-1481643190_thumb.png

update: removed all C and P states generation from clover. Left only with ssdt.aml

I bit better but im still missing 300MHz somewhere. 

update:

imessage started to work. After few reboots it just works :D

post-83633-0-66556800-1481643190_thumb.png

post-83633-0-12173000-1481644713_thumb.png

• Like 1

So by generating ssdt.aml and placing it into /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched unlocked the turbo states but im still not sure if im getting all the power from it. 

update: removed all C and P states generation from clover. Left only with ssdt.aml

I bit better but im still missing 300MHz somewhere. 

update:

imessage started to work. After few reboots it just works :D

That is awesome. Will be of great help to share a brief guide and also the files that you used/modded.

Thanks

wen1