Confused about ALC269 configuration on El Capitan

pmdcoleslaw

27 posts in this topic

OK...I am running out of fixes to try from what I'm reading everywhere and I am out of my depth when it comes to the whole AppleHDA.kext patching thing, so I am asking for help. I am new to Mac OS in general and this is my first hackintosh, so I'm a noob here and I'm learning a lot.

So far here is my setup on a dual boot Dell Optiplex 7010:
-I have Windows 10 running on it's own SSD
-I have OS X 10.11.2 running on it's own HDD
-I am using legacy boot mode in the BIOS and have the Clover boot loader on the Mac OS drive.
-Everything seems to be working great except for audio output/device.  

I have a Realtek ALC269 as my soundcard driver and I have tried several scripts and kext combinations but nothing seems to work. Under audio devices I have no output devices found, but under input devices I have "Unknown USB audio device" available and it appears to be picking up the mic from my logitech USB camera. (which also works when I open FaceTime)

I have verified DPCI Manager that it shows Realtek ALC269 with codecID 0x10EC0269. There is also an Intel HD 4000 Codec with ID 0x80862806 listed with the same Audio Device and Sub Device ID as the RealtekALC269. There is a third device with a different Device ID and Sub ID but everything else is blank on that line.

I have also verified in IORegistryExplorer that the HDEF layout-id does = 01 00 00 00.

Would anyone be kind enough to help me? If I could get the sound device recognized I'd be fully functioning. Most ALC269 scrips/kexts I find are for laptops or other versions.  I can't find one that works for my setup.  I am not opposed to making plst or text edits with some guidance I just can't seem to find anything that relates to my particular ALC269 setup.  Thanks in advance!

Welcome,

Have you tried to patch vanilla AppleHDA with New AppleHDAPatcher?

For ALC269 you must identify exact version of codec (ALC269VB - ALC269VC) via Linux distro live: download Ubuntu and make a bootable USB, boot the live distro, open terminal and copy/paste this command:

cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 > ~/Desktop/codec_dump.txt
Open the file you find over desktop and if is blank retry with one of this other commands:
cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#1 > ~/Desktop/codec_dump.txt
cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#2 > ~/Desktop/codec_dump.txt
Identify your codec,reboot the system into OS X and use AppleHDA Patcher (with original AppleHDA installed)

• Like 5

SPECS:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release.151121-2308)
 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
 System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
 System Model: OptiPlex 7010
 BIOS: BIOS Date: 01/26/15 14:56:17 Ver: A20.00 
 Processor: Intel® Core i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
 Memory: 8192MB RAM
 Available OS Memory: 8110MB RAM
 Page File: 6043MB used, 10259MB available

GRAPHICS:

Card 1 Name: Intel® HD Graphics
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0152&SUBSYS_05771028&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10
Dedicated Memory: 32 MB
Shared Memory: 1760 MB

Card 2 Name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti
Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11C6&SUBSYS_842A1043&REV_A1\4&45EF1DB&0&0008
Dedicated Memory: 971 MB

Shared Memory: 4055 MB

SOUND:

Description: Speakers / Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_10280577&REV_1001
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: RTDVHD64.sys
Driver Version: 6.00.0001.6075 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Date and Size: 6/30/2015 12:00:00 AM, 2558208 bytes
Other Files: 
Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
HW Accel Level: Basic
Cap Flags: 0xF1F
Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0
Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
HW Memory: 0
Voice Management: No
EAX 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
I3DL2 Listen/Src: No, No
Sensaura ZoomFX: No

Let me know if that's not enough info.  I'll try the linux distro to ID the ALC269.  I have a bootable usb somewhere.

Welcome,

For ALC269 you must identify exact version of codec (ALC269VB - ALC269VC) via Linux distro live: download Ubuntu and make a bootable USB, boot the live distro, open terminal and copy/paste this command:

Open the file you find over desktop and if is blank retry with one of this other commands:

Identify your codec,reboot the system into OS X and use AppleHDA Patcher (with original AppleHDA installed)

Ok I have ALC269VB according to linux.  When I open the patcher it doesn't have that listed under the desktop options.  It is under the laptop options.  Should I select it from the laptop side?  Also I am having trouble finding and installing a vanilla 10.11.2 AppleHDA kext.  Any idea where/how to get that?  Can I just run another clover installer over top of my install?

Use the laptop version.

You can find original AppleHDA from El Capitan app, or into System/Library/Extensions of the installer pendrive.

About the method you used for making the installer... this method and all the Tonymac's tools are not supported by this forum, read rules please

Use the laptop version.

You can find original AppleHDA from El Capitan app, or into System/Library/Extensions of the installer pendrive.

About the method you used for making the installer... this method and all the Tonymac's tools are not supported by this forum, read rules please

Yes I apologize for that.  I won't mention it again, lol.  Thanks for the help so far!  I will try running the patcher once I get the original HDA from the el capitan app and report back.

Open the pendrive, go to S/L/E and you find AppleHDA in this directory, is not necessary to reinstall the system

My USB installer drive only has EFI-Backups folder and the Install OSX app. How do I get to the S/L/E dir on the USB? Do I need to create another USB installer using a different method?

Never mind that, I was apparently looking in the wrong dir.  I was looking in HDD/Library/Extensions instead of System/Library/Extensions.  The AppleHDA is in S/L/E.  Like I said, I'm a Mac noob.

Am I correct in that I just open the patcher app, drag my AppleHDA.kext (from S/L/E) and drop it in the patcher, and drag and drop my config.plst (from EFI/Clover) and select the ALC269VB V1 option under Laptops and click "Patch AppleHDA" button?  I did that, installed the "Fully Patched" AppleHDA.kext from the MironeAudio folder to the S/L/E dir and restarted.  I now have Internal Speakers (Built-In) as a new option under output devices.  I still have no sound output though and I obviously don't have built in speakers.  Any suggestions?

Yes

How many outputs have your mobo?

One headphone on front and a green output on back.  There is also an input on front and aline-in/mic combo input on back that's colored half pink half blue.

I installed HDAEnabler to SLE but still have no sound.  I also tried changing the port from 3 to 5 in the config.plst on a hunch but that didn't work either.

Mirone use layout-id 3 for laptop's codecs,

Instead for Desktop's codecs:

layout-id 5 for 3 ports supported (Pink, Green, Blue).

layout-id 7 for 5/6 ports supported (Grey, Black, Orange, Pink, Green, Blue).

layout-id 9 for 5/6 ports supported (Grey, Black, Orange, Pink, Green, Blue, CodecAddress: 2).

Use that to activate  AppleHDA.kext using DSDT.aml, HDAEnabler.kext, Clover patches or Enoch embedded HDAEnabler!

Should I be trying to edit the layout-id?  If so how do I do that? IORegistryExplorer shows it as 3.  

Download HDAEnabler5 and retry

HDAEnabler5 took away the internal speaker device option.  I removed it and reinstalled #3 and the device came back, but still no sound.  Should I try all the HDAEnablers? Also just so I know, moving a kext to trash from the SLE dir get's rid of it right?  Do I have to uninstall it somehow?

To uninstall the enabler you must delete it from S/L/E, but you can request to Mirone a specific patch for your system in this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293863-applehda-patch-requests/

I did post in that thread and I'm waiting on a response.  However, I made some progress.  I now have sound from the built in speaker on the motherboard.  I don't get anything when I plug in headphones or from my connected speakers, but it's progress at least!  Here are the files I am using and what I have so far if anyone want's to take a look.

My current files.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome,

hey,

i dump the codec with ubuntu live usb and it returns as ALC271x, but either from DPCIManager or AIDA64 report, sound card all recognized as ALC269, even with device id, its 269 as well. under AppleHDA Patcher i chose ALC271x, but non of the inject method makes my on-board speaker talks, do you have a idea which direction shall i go in the next? btw, i'm testing this with my laptop Aspire S3-951. not a desktop tho....