Graphics Not working Well Post-Install

Melodeath

2 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I've built my PC, and successfully installed Yosemite 10.10.3 on a Z97X-UD7 TH with an i7-4790K. At the moment, I'm trying to get everything working on integrated graphics. My bootloader is clover, and right after initial install, Intel HD 4600 graphics work well. However, after post-installation, when I reboot, now graphics are not so good. The mouse is extremely choppy, and Graphics has become "Display 6MB" in About This Mac (down from the correct Intel HD 4600, with a much higher VRAM). If I Inject Intel with Clover, the system can no longer boot to OS X. It hangs on "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport," and I'm forced to essentially start over and reinstall Yosemite. If I don't Inject Intel, then I have these choppy/slow graphics with low VRAM.

Is there a solution? I know others are using the 4790K Intel HD 4600 for their systems.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i'm not a Clover expert and i usually prefer using Chimera to get my system working but i'll try to help you out anyway.

I have the i7-4790k and this is what i have on my the org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1024x768x32</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>y</string>

While booting is 1024x768 resolution but then it goes to my Screen resolution wich is 1600x900
good luck

Make sure you have enabled the HD intel graphics from Bios with memory size (mine is set to 1024 mb)

2zecfa8.png