NVMe driver for all Macs & Hacks from JimJ740 available at MacVidCards

rominator

74 posts in this topic

This was my main setting while trying of course, but it doesn´t work.

I have the following "drivers64UEFI" in clover folder:

DataHubDxe-64.efi
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
NvmExpressDxe-64.efi
OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi

I use as boot flags only:

-v

npci=0x3000

kext-dev-mode=1

Is there something missing or too much?

Nvidia GTX 660 Ti which work out of the box with Apple driver. Same as GTX 680.

As I said, the same settings work seamlessly absolut perfect with my normal SSD. There must be a NVMe specific problem like volumes not recognized, volumes not mounted etc.

I'm currently trying to get Yosemite booting from an NVME drive.

Hardware:
Asus x99e-ws/USB3.1
5960x
GTX 960
Thunderbolt EXII
Samsung sm951 nvme version

Software:
Yosemite 10.10.5

NVME driver is in S/L/E on my current boot ssd. NVME driver is also in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10 folder on the EFI partition on my boot drive.

NVME drive is recognized, and usable as a non boot drive in OSX.

I've done the following:
1) CCC my boot drive to the NVME drive.
2) Installed clover on the NVME drive.
3) copied my EFI folder on my boot drive (efi partition) to the NVME drive (efi partition).
4) Attempted to boot.

Result:

OsxAptioFixDrv: AllocateRelocBlock(): can not allocate relocation block (0x16687 pages below 0x100000000)

I've also:

1) CCC my boot drive to the NVME drive.
2) Installed clover on the NVME drive.
3) copied my EFI folder on my boot drive (efi partition) to the NVME drive (efi partition).
4) Installed NvmExpressDXE-64.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI on both my boot drive and the nvme drive
5) Attempted to boot.

Result:
OsxAptioFixDrv: AllocateRelocBlock(): can not allocate relocation block (0x16687 pages below 0x100000000)

If I set "Above 4G Encoding" in my bios to "enable" then I end up hanging on whatever follows the following message:

[ PCI configuration end, bridgets 16, devices 21 ]

Any ideas?

I was following the guidance from a thread on another hackintosh related forum.  It was recommended there that the NvmExpressDXE-64.efi needed to be in the drivers64UEFI folder in order to work.

My Clover is set up for UEFI boot only, so legacy boot (and therefore legacy drivers) don't help me here.

Edit: Got it to boot from the NVME drive, but only with nv_disable=1.  When I try to use my already-installed web drivers, I hang at PCI configuration begin.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NVMeGeneric.kext kernel panic on El Cap 10.11.4. It "worked" on .1-.3 meaning I could at least get to login. Sometimes it will alternate with usbhostresources kp but I think that is more about my board and the kext I use made by someone else. My board is Gigabyte z170x gaming 7.

El Cap 10.11.4

I made it through upgrading to 10.11.4 but then I started getting the usbhostresources kp. Then I tried reinstalling from a 10.11.4 installer and then I got the NVMeGeneric.kext kernel panic. Hard to believe this has not been resolved.

El Cap 10.11.4

B)  you're lucky, the only person in the world who does not kp of 10.11.4  :P

you have made some changes to your system? are you using a new revision of the kext? Here works only with Yosemite and el 10.11.3, but with only 11.4 kp

I'm using the NVMe driver in 10.11.4 to boot Mac OS X on a Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7. I have sleep disabled so I don't know if that would cause a kernel panic. It does KP during shutdown (only 50% of the time), but I don't mind that too much since the system is mostly shutdown at that point. I have the built in serial port connected to another Mac to observe the kprintf and IOLog messages during shutdown. I've reported the contents of the output (with and without KP) at 

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/nvme-for-mac-pro-5-1.1919972/page-9#post-22866241

which I believe is the thread containing the original announcement of the driver.