GTX 650 Ti outputting no video - 5960X, Yosemite, Clover combo

kobe80

49 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

So I just installed Yosemite on my 5960X/X99 Deluxe combo, booting with Clover. 

I'm getting no video through monitors. Right now i'm accessing the desktop through Apple Remote Desktop. 

GPU is GTX 650 Ti. It has 2 DVIs & i think a mini HDMI. whatever that port is, i don't have a cable for it. 

This card worked perfectly fine with Mavericks & Chameleon. But i'm trying to get it to work in Yosemite with Clover. 

I've tried it both with and without the nVidia web drivers, & with nv_disable=1 as well as nvda_drv=1, to no avail. 

Any suggestions? Is it a BIOS setting? a kext i need? a Clover setting? 

I've attached my config.plist. 

For the solution that works I will donate to this site and to the cause of helper's choice. 

config.plist.zip

Use another SMBIOS or edit /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist, or DSDT patch.

Or read:  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308790-applegraphicsdevicepolicy-on-the-fly-patching-impossible-alternate-idea-but-still-does-not-seem-to-work/?p=2178931

Use another SMBIOS or edit /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist, or DSDT patch.

Or read:  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308790-applegraphicsdevicepolicy-on-the-fly-patching-impossible-alternate-idea-but-still-does-not-seem-to-work/?p=2178931

i'm using SMBIOS Mac Pro 6,1 because i have an X99 board. 

i've edited AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext.etc etc and i think i did it properly. 

Not sure how to do or get a DSDT patch. 

I read the article, and there's some code quoted by Pike marked as the guy's solution, but i'm not sure where to put it or what to do with it exactly. 

i'm using SMBIOS Mac Pro 6,1 because i have an X99 board. 

i've edited AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext.etc etc and i think i did it properly. 

Not sure how to do or get a DSDT patch. 

I read the article, and there's some code quoted by Pike marked as the guy's solution, but i'm not sure where to put it or what to do with it exactly. 

it s only for El Capitan

try this

this also makes it reboot. :/

you have given Apple Graphics Device Policy.kext originally?

i'm not sure i understand your question?

i changed a piece of text in it to say 'none'. but nobody gave me a new one to use or anything. 

this also makes it reboot. :/

i'm not sure i understand your question?

i changed a piece of text in it to say 'none'. but nobody gave me a new one to use or anything. 

you have to patch your kernel and installed the 3 kexts necessary to run your 5960X in Yosemite?

you have to patch your kernel and installed the 3 kexts necessary to run your 5960X in Yosemite?

i have the kexts installed. Yosemite works.. i just don't get any video. i am accessing that computer with Remote Desktop. that's how i know it works. 

Clover boot "without cache"

Try this config.plist:

still not working. :/

Then try putting Nvidia ok in config.plist

i'm not sure i understand what you mean about 'nvidia ok'. 

do you mean nvda_drv=1? bc i've tried that and it doesn't work. nv_disable=1 doesn't work either. :/

still not working. :/

i'm not sure i understand what you mean about 'nvidia ok'. 

do you mean nvda_drv=1? bc i've tried that and it doesn't work. nv_disable=1 doesn't work either. :/

Fljagd I think it works now!!   you just attached 2 config.plists and i downloaded and tried the first one, and it seems to be working! I am getting video out of the monitors now. :) 

how did you do it? 

Fljagd I think it works now!!   you just attached 2 config.plists and i downloaded and tried the first one, and it seems to be working! I am getting video out of the monitors now. :) 

how did you do it? 

not caring the second I will remove

I have put the missing parameter for ASUS