Good C2D-Era Gigabyte Motherboards for Mavericks

CC_333

1 post in this topic

Hi,

During Summer of '14, I built a decent Hackintosh server using an Intel DP35DP motherboard, and it worked very nicely, until today.

When I went to turn it on after it had been in storage a few months, it just kept revving the fans and beeping at me.

Swapping around the RAM made no difference.

So, rather than continue to fight with what seems to be a dying board, I'd rather get a better one that I can rely on.

That being said, I'm looking at stuff from the late Core2Duo era, so that I can a) get it fairly inexpensively, and B) so I can use my current CPU and RAM, if possible.

Problem is, I'm not certain what a good board for Hackintoshing would be. From what I can tell, Gigabyte boards are among the most uniformy Hackintosh-able, but I'm just not certain if this particular one will work.

So far, I've looked at the Gigabyte GA-EQ45M-S2, as it has many of the features I like (lots of SATA ports, four RAM slots), except it's micro ATX (meaning, not enough PCI/PCIe slots), but that's fine, as long as it works. I'm not certain if it will work with Mavericks, though, as it seems to be from the late Snow Leopard/early Lion period.

If someone can tell me if this board will work, or, if not, point me to a similar board that does, I would appreciate it greatly!

c