El Capitan on AMD FX CPU?

thexorg

7 posts in this topic

hi,

how to install El Capitan on an AMD system? I found an AMD Kernel here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/top...pic/?p=2195566

but it already fails on install.

My system:
ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0
Legacy Boot
AMD FX4300
16GB RAM
GIGABYTE NVidia GTX 750 Ti
El Capitan Installer on USB Drive, attatched to USB 2.0 Port, Clover Bootloader

Booting installer with -v results in one line "+++++++++++++++++++++++", then rebooting without any message.

Do i need the AMD kernel to run installer? I didn't know where to put the kernel on install media, as there is no /System/Library/Kernels on the installer media.

uefi motherboard is problem but possible ,

create files Kernels and past kernel in files in system/library 

created /System/Library/Kernels directory and pasted and "kernel" file in there.

tried to boot, nothing changed. seems like it still uses the vanilla, intel kernel.

with Enock 2795 

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>
<key>KernelBooter_kexts</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>KernelPm</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>KernelLapicError</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>KernelLapicVersion</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>KernelHasswell</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>KernelcpuFamily</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>KernelSSE3</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>npci=0x2000 USBLegacyOff=No -v -f</string>

with Enock 2795 

EthernetBuiltIn

Yes
KernelBooter_kexts
Yes
KernelPm
Yes
KernelLapicError
Yes
KernelLapicVersion
No
KernelHasswell
No
KernelcpuFamily
No
KernelSSE3
No
Kernel Flags

npci=0x2000 USBLegacyOff=No -v -f

Most of that should be in kernel.plist not in the boot file.

Use this bootloader instead of Clover, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/71-enoch/

Try using this Extra folder. Replace yours in the root of the installer. Don't add any boot flags just now.

Extra.zip

• Like 1

it will run, but not like what intel performs with the AMD boards..EL captain still broken on Intel boards with 970gtx and R9 290x support, some games runs, and others broken..i can't get to run Alien Isolation because nvidia web drivers are still not ready for 10.11 or its one those security problems with nvidia drivers...then SOMA underwater graphical glitches on AMD gpu's apple native drivers, not good even on Intel platform so stay at Yosemite that i have no issues at all with my Nvidia 970gtx web drivers, it ran Alien Isolation and SOMA  amazing FPS...but that was on native hardware that apple support only, Intel i7 cpu's with ddr3 2666, z97 

so i can't promise on AMD platform with custom kernels can perform almost Intel but you will see the mess of El Captain is not worth an upgrade yet...

@thexorg Not sure if this will help, I too just faced somewhat similar issue on my AMD FX6300 Black Edition rig. I installed clover bootloader and I had to use nv_disable=1 npci=0x3000 USBBusFix=Yes -v

Make sure to untick the inject nvidia under graphics injection sub menu, and make sure to uncheck usb ownership, usb inject under pci injection sub menu. 

In the beginning, i thought i had to use the /amdfx  along with my boot args but as it turned i didn't have to. 

My specs: Gigabyte GA 78LM USB3 / AMD FX6300 Black Edition

128 Samsung SSD

MSI GTX 750 Ti OC

16GB DDR3

Almost identical as yours, and my plight was with Yosemite 10.10.5 anyways with the help of rc3 kernel. I installed fine, but now for some strange reason I can't seem to boot off from the main drive after the installation. Any one with any ideas, please let me know.