El Capitan Hackintosh OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi

David-Tripa

52 posts in this topic

Hi, 

I am new here to this forum, and also a newbie at Hackintosh. 

So I've created a bootable USB using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 6.1 (On my friend's MACBOOK PRO) with El Capitan, and installed it unto my Intel PC. 

Now, the problem I'm having is with the post installation, installing Clover unto my hard drive. 
I've followed http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/171942-guide-el-capitan-intel-broadwell-nuc.html instructions, and many others, but no luck. I get the same problem with all the Post-Installation guides, after I install and restart, my PC shows the Apple logo for a few seconds and restarts over and over again, when I click to start in verbose mode here is the message I get:

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efiUsing reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++ 

I've also followed these instructions but still no luck.https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/3qu11p/clover_reboots_after_displaying_3_lines_only/

After I get this message, I always have to format and re-install the OSX unto my HDD from scratch and try the post-installation again (as I don't have a MAC PC to troubleshoot on). I've done this about 10 times already banghead.gif

I seriously don't know what to do.

Could it perhaps be something wrong in my BIOS settings? My DVMT Pre-Allocated is 64M. I've tried all the available instructions but still no luck. This is my first time installing Hackintosh, and I'm starting to get fed up with it, but I won't give up. Funny enough very little people have this issue. If any BIOS settings need to be changed please let me know, I have FULL ADMIN Privileges in my BIOS, I can change anything I want. My graphics are also very glitchy when I log in, and when I open Launcher, and when I open CHESS.  

My system definitions are as follow:

BIOS: American Megatrends 5.010
UEFI 2.4
Processor: Broadwell ULT Intel core i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2 Cores 4 threads

Graphics Card: Intel Graphics 5500 4K output
Ram: Kingston 8gb 1600Mhz Using Default DIMM profile
HDD: External WD AV 500GB

Please give me any suggestions.

Thank you

Hi carbo178,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I've created a bootable USB using Chris's tool as you've instructed me to do, but I encounter the same problem. With Chris's tool I can't even get to the El Capitan installer, it gives me the same error as listed in my first message: OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efiUsing reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++ 

With Tonymac's one I can boot and install El Capitan, but I get this same error when having Clover installed onto my HDD and trying to boot. 

I am convinced it's something wrong with my BIOS settings, but I'm not 100% sure. As I said, when I get this error it restarts my PC, and when I click to boot(Using Tonymac's post installation Clover) or installing(El Capitan Chris's way), again I get this error and it restarts my PC again. The problem with this error is that I always have to format and re-install El Capitan using Unibeest if I want to get to the El Capitan menu. It is a nightmare to do this over and over again when trying to solve this problem.

I hope you or somebody will be able to help me. 

Thank you once again.

Have you installed Clover in UEFI mode into the ESP?

Your system is a Laptop or a Desktop? (i think it's a Laptop)

If it's a Laptop please tell me the manufacturer and the model

If it's a desktop tell me the manufacturer and the model of the motherboard

• Like 1

Hi carbo178,

Thank you for your reply. 

My System is a Mini-PC (Desktop). Yes, I have installed Clover in UEFI mode, and my BIOS is set to UEFI mode ONLY. 

My BIOS is American Megatrends 5.010. I have no idea who is the manufacturer of the motherboard, I think it's AMI? But I'm not sure.

I bought this Mini-PC of the internet recently, with no RAM or HDD, (Barebone). Here is the link for the listing (Here you will see even how it looks and the specs): http://www.aliexpress.com/item/5Gen-Broadwell-CPU-Win10-Mini-pc-i7-Barebone-Intel-Nuc-Fanless-Computador-Core-i7-5500U/32479534027.html

My one is the CPU Core i7 5500U (No Ram no HDD). I hope this will help.

Thank you once again. 

Hi carbo178,

I've installed Windows 10, and according to CPU-Z my Motherboard specs are as follow:

Manufacturer: INTEL Corporation

Model: CRESCENTBAY

BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 

Version: 5.6.5

Thank you once again for your help.

Sorry carbo,

I still don't understand. Do you want a photo of the EFI partition of the MAC when Clover is installed onto the HDD?

Or of my Clover bootable USB which boots up my MAC? My problem is not with the USB but when installing clover onto the HDD.

Thanks

Hi carbo178,

Thank you very much for your help.

Your advice worked, and I now have Clover installed onto my HDD. I can't Thank you enough for your help.

I still need your help though, my graphics are super glitchy, and don't work properly. My WiFi and Bluetooth also don't work.

Please can you recommend me which graphics driver to install for my Mini-PC as you now know the exact specs, ect...

My graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 5500 4K output. 

Thank you once again for your excellent work. :)

Hi carbo178,

Thank you very much for your reply.

My WiFi and Bluetooth are now working. I just can't seem to get the Graphics driver right, I did try and follow the instructions (from the link) you gave me, but my graphics is still very glitchy. 

Could you please try and edit my config.plist for me (http://www.filedropper.com/config_13), using Clover Configurator?

I've also attached a BIOS screenshot of my Graphics card settings.

I've also attached the MAC System Information for the Graphics card.

Thank you very much for your help again.  :)

post-1633411-0-03363400-1449946660_thumb.png

post-1633411-0-57552800-1449946687_thumb.jpg

Hi carbo178,

I think I've found the problem with my graphics in my Hackintosh, but I still need your (or somebody else's) assistance. I've discovered that my VRAM is set to 7MB.

I tried in Clover Configurator to change it to 1024MB, but nothing actually changed, after I've restarted it and went to System Report it still was 7MB. If you look carefully at the attached screenshots in my previous message, you will see that the VRAM is set to 7MB and the VRAM Dynamic Max is set to nothing. I've also attached in my previous message a screenshot of my BIOS' Graphic card settings. 

My audio is also not working, I currently have my Mini-PC connected to my TV using a HDMI cable. Also using the earphones jack doesn't work.

I would really appreciate if you or somebody else would be able to help me. 

Thank you for you help :)

Hi carbo178,

Yes, I've tried to follow the instructions but it did not work for me. Most of that guide is to change BIOS settings for the graphics card (DVMT pre-allocated).

I can do all that in my BIOS without going through all that trouble. Can't you please edit my config.plist? I know you don't have the graphics card for testing, but can't you please set it up for my Intel 5500 graphics? I can test it, I have made a backup of my EFI partition for Clover, so not a problem if it doesn't work from the beginning. Everything else works fine except the graphics. I also don't know how to patch the AppleIntelFramebuffer (if necessary), and I have no clue where it is located and if my PC has it.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you 

You must install windows to identify amount of RAM dedicated to the video card, if you don't know exact amount of RAM you can't see the graphics card working.

Follow the three first steps of the guide for this

You can try this four config.plist attached; i deleted smbios because Clover inject the correct system.

If the system boot with this file see in the System Report which mac model is identified

Archivio.zip

Hi carbo178,

Before I try the 4 config.plist's you have attached, please tell me if my graphics card in my BIOS is properly set.

For my BIOS' screenshot please read Post #18. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309786-el-capitan-hackintosh-osxaptiofixdrv-starting-overrides-for-systemlibrarycoreservicesbootefi/?p=2196443

Thank you :)

Hi carbo178,

please see attached screenshot of my Graphics adapter in Windows and tell me if it is set correctly. 

Thanks

post-1633411-0-97068000-1450191862_thumb.jpg

Hi carbo178,

Config.plist does not boot up, please see the attached error message in verbose mode.

Config1.plist does not boot up, it shows the same error in verbose mode as I had in the beginning of this thread: OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efiUsing reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++

Config2.plist does not boot up, it shows same error as Config1.plist

Config3.plist does not boot up, it shows same error as Config1.plist

So none of them could boot up my Mac. Couldn't you instead edit my config.plist? It is attached in Post #18.

Thank you :)

post-1633411-0-62860900-1450196702_thumb.jpg