Anyone experience audio and video out of sync in Yosemite 10.10.1?

jamesr2l

9 posts in this topic

Hello

I hope someone can help me on this topic if possible. I just installed Yosemite 10.10.1 on my amd fx 6300 machine . My problem is when I view a video on line or my desktop the video starts in sync but then goes out of sync. I have to pause it and it goes back to normal for a split second and goes out again

Specs

Amdfx 6300

Asus mother board

Asus GeForce gt640

24 gig ram

Yosemite 10.10.1

Thanks for your help

The problem is when I use Safari on youtube and just play a regular video on my desktop with quick time. I do video editing and I take my sd card put it in the computer to play a video and it is out of sync. When I first play it its ok but as the video stays on it goes out of sync. I pause it and it goes back to normal and a few seconds later it happens again. I also had the same problem when running final cut pro to test the video out there too. It seems like the audio is ahead of the video. I don't know if it could be the video card because it says my video has 0 mb of ram when its  a asus GeForce gt 640 2 gb ram.  I ran mavericks when the same setup and didn't have a problem with it.. Thanks for helping out.. any suggestions

Yes, it sounds like your video memory is the problem.  Are you sure your video kext is loaded?  Post the Graphics/Displays page in System Information so I can see what it says.  Highlight the Nvidia card.  Does your hack also have an integrated video card?  Are you sure you have QE/CI? Also, list your hack's specs so I know what you're working with.

How it sets now it looks like i have partial graphics and how i put boot flags from  the start to not get the <there is a graphics problem at the beginning is use msibase=0x90. That is one I was getting the out of sync video and audio problems because it shows  0 mb video ram. I tried to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No and it boots up into the screen and the error of <There is a graphics problem> I click ignor and it goes away for a second and comes back again. I am able to go to the apple logo  and look at the system info and it show my graphics card and the 2 gb ram on the card. when i try to open stuff it freezes and gives me a wheel show the error again. I have to reboot into the msibase=0x90 so it doesn't freeze. What i load was the nvidia web driver on my system and cuda. I am uploading a picture of my graphics with the 0mb when I boot into the msibase=0x90.

system is a 

AMDFX 6300

ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0

ASUS Geforce nvidia GT640 2 GB 

24 GB RAM

YOSEMITE 10.10.1

The only thing I have over clocked is the cpu. Would that make a difference?

after several hours of working on this. I got the system to read the graphics card with the right 2 gb of ram. I got that to work by booting msibase=0x90 GraphicsEnabler=No. I then check the system of a regular video and youtube video to find out that its doing the same thing again. 

any suggestions..

I haven't used Chameleon in a few years so I'm not sure what to tell you about boot args for Chameleon.  Also, I don't have an Nvidia graphics processor but lot of people were having trouble with Nvidia drivers with El Capitan.  I would take a look at the forum's section on Nvidia graphics and see if you find something that works for you.  I have a feeling you are still having graphics issues even when it recognizes your video card.  I would consider making a new post in the Nvidia graphics section.  The title of this post doesn't let the right people know the exact nature of your problem, just the main symptom.