El Capitan direct install + Enoch-rev.2795 on Gigabyte GA-PH67A-UD3-B3

anotherOSXuser

9 posts in this topic

Hello... 

wondering if what I have in mind COULD possibly work, as I had bad problems creating USB bootable sticks with both clover and chameleon. I´m using 10.6.8 as working system from a bootable sata drive, and intend to do the following:

- Clone working 10.6.8 to an additional extra drive with 2 partitions. 

- Boot from that drive.

- Start the El Capitan installer from that drive, and tell it´s installer to install itself to the SECOND partition of that HDD.

- Then run chameleon over it - I thought of the Enoch-rev.2795.pkg - and hope it will boot.

Or am I missing any steps here? 

I´d also be willing to try that with clover - should someone recommend it for a good reason. I never even got to the clover SCREEN with any USB-stick creator. Also I would like to be able to boot older OS drives, which I hope will be possible with Chimera...

Thanks for some input - I don´t believe my motherboard can seriously be booted from any USB stick.... and I´m a bit sick of trying ;-)

Only alternative I know of would be to create a bootable stick with that 3rd party software....  name forgotten you can google it... but to do so would first mean to upgrade to Mountain Lion 10.8. and I though I could maybe save the time for that. (10.6.8 "officially" cannot create a USB-Starter with the all known Terminal command.... and all other programs won´t boot with my machine.

GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 with socket 1155 sandy bridge

on my usb stick the installer log of "El Capitan Final" installer says:

======================================================
Backup Chameleon files
Clearing options...
/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.vyTTsX/Scripts/com.chris1111.chameleonOsXElCapitanGm.chameleon.pkg.PyEfQy/preinstall: line 90: /private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.vyTTsX/Scripts/com.chris1111.chameleonOsXElCapitanGm.chameleon.pkg.PyEfQy/clean_bootplist.pl: No such file or directory

on my usb stick the installer log of "El Capitan Final" installer says:

Backup Chameleon files
Clearing options...
/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.vyTTsX/Scripts/com.chris1111.chameleonOsXElCapitanGm.chameleon.pkg.PyEfQy/preinstall: line 90: /private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.vyTTsX/Scripts/com.chris1111.chameleonOsXElCapitanGm.chameleon.pkg.PyEfQy/clean_bootplist.pl: No such file or directory

This is the Chameleon log .txt

Thats not a problem !

If you look further it is written

☟

Nothing found that could cause any problems.

This message is fixing to my last  Installer BOX El Capitan coming soon

Thats not a problem !

☟

Well thanks.... in fact my posting was incomplete, not saying that the USB-Stick installer (Of El Capitan Final on 10.6.8) at the end, after about 30 Minutes, said "installation failed". Tried it twice. That´s just why I looked into the logfile. But as the installed files look pretty complete, what you said probably applies anyway....... ?

2nd question: actually my "El Capitan Final" installer with r2760 is outdated, as the current Enoch package has r2795 with many new fixes. So I tried to install it "over" my last USB-stick, but that said "installation failed" at the end as well, and left no new logfile it seems. So my question is: is it possible to "update" Enoch the way I just said? Or could I use it this way on the Harddrive El Cap is going to be installed to with the USB created by "el Cap Final"?

3rd question: the package installer "Enoch-rev.2795.pkg" - what is it exactly intended to install? As I could see in another forum, it APPEARS to require additional "placements" of some things onto any drive it has been installed onto.... I particularly have an DSDT for my board, working a breeze on 10.6.8 with Chimera - I guess I will have to place this manually AFTER installing Enoch to any El Cap drive? (What I´m missing is some kind of manual how to get things to really work, leading through the steps....)

Many thanks indeed.

Thats not a problem !

☟

The stick created with  EL CAPITAN FINAL installer OFFICIALLY DOES NOT BOOT, when created under 10.6.8 w/ all files (seemingly) present on it, but an "Installation Failed" at the end. It will stall at "Loading Operating System" and do nothing, until I turn the PC off.

The stick created with  EL CAPITAN FINAL installer OFFICIALLY DOES NOT BOOT, when created under 10.6.8 w/ all files (seemingly) present on it, but an "Installation Failed" at the end. It will stall at "Loading Operating System" and do nothing, until I turn the PC off.

Thats not working on Snow.

Trying this on Yosemite or El Capitan

My app bundle is create under Yosemite , so its not compatible with 10.6.8

I think thats why is failled?

sorry

Thats not working on Snow.

Trying this on Yosemite or El Capitan

My app bundle is create under Yosemite , so its not compatible with 10.6.8

I think thats why is failled?

sorry

I agree with that. I suspect you could generate a hell lot of "donations" for making this work on Snow. Seriously!!! I don´t want to do an in between install of Yosemite! 

Do you believe it is possible/worth a try to install Enoch onto an El Cap install "made from a working Snow installation", to make that bootable? I figure "all that´s needed to make such a partition boot is the bootloader.... no? 

I agree with that. I suspect you could generate a hell lot of "donations" for making this work on Snow. Seriously!!! I don´t want to do an in between install of Yosemite! 

Do you believe it is possible/worth a try to install Enoch onto an El Cap install "made from a working Snow installation", to make that bootable? I figure "all that´s needed to make such a partition boot is the bootloader.... no? 

Yes its possible ! Did you try the latest Enoch from the download section

Yes its possible ! Did you try the latest Enoch from the download section

Sorry for late answer. This I did try: 

- Install El Capitan with ##### and Legacy Clover. (Works a breeze - but no sound, and no script to make my ALC889 be correctly detected appears to have an effect on it - the scripts work only technically, not by giving sound back. Obviously Clover is UNABLE to correctly work with the DSDT it has been provided with, but which runs my 10.6.8 with Chameleon.)

- So I created a new boot stick with your "El Capitan Final Installer", second updated version, using the soundless El Cap install I got from clover. The USB does boot up until "Montreal" screen, and then plus one more page of verbose..... and then it stalls, and the black screen appears with "PCI configuration Begin" at the bottom of it. 

This means: on my Sandy Bridge board, your Installer cannot get past "PCI configuration begin". This is an issue I know from installing 10.6.8: There you have to use ##### 3.8.0 (and only THIS version contains the replacement kext!!) and under "miscellaneous" choose "IOPCIfamily fix", to get a "fixed" and updated IOPCIfamily.kext installed, which replaces the original one in 10.6.8. After that, booting is no problem. Of course, you cannot use this old kext for El Capitan. 

This also means: without this patched kext, a direct install will fail just the same, because the kext provided inside the OS El Cap installer is not compatible with Chameleon. (If your installer doesn´t boot, that would neither.)