Hi (again) guys,
I wanted to share with you my config.plist, my geekbench score, along with some issues I have and hope someone would be so kind to help me in the process of fine tuning:
STEPS DONE TO INSTALL EL CAPITAN 10.10.6:
• To install I’ve followed the motionworks’ guide.
• Then I’ve used some parts of the stinga11’s guide (this thread), to make USB 3.0 work (installing in S/L/E the x99_Injector.kext provided by him and applying in Clover the binary patch from arix98) and to make audio work (using his binary patch in Clover and installing in S/L/E the AppleHDA.kext provided by him). Unfortunately, the other stuff mentioned didn’t work for me (for sure I did something wrong ).
• I’ve copy/pasted in Clover the kernel patches from Pike R. Alpha as kindly illustrated from SammlerG.
• I’ve followed the “explained” version of the mentioned post from SammlerG, written by maleorderbride, with some other detailed steps to perform. Here I don’t know If I got everything correct: although Pike R. Alpha’s guide to his FrequencyVectorEdit.sh command is based on a SMBIOS of a MacPro6,1, when I’ve launched the command there were no option for a board-ID of a MacPro6,1. So I ended up using the one for the iMac14,2.
BIOS SETTINGS (Default values except for the following):
• CPU Core Ratio –> Sync All Cores
• Core Ratio Limit –> Auto
• EIST –> Disabled
• CPU C-States –> Enabled
• EHCI Hand-off –> Enabled
• Launch CSM –> Disabled
• OS Type –> Other OS
See attached config.plist
CLOVER DRIVERS AND KEXTS:
MAC OS 10.11.6 KEXTS:
• AppleHDA (brought by Stinga11 as for the #1 post)
• FakeSMC with Plug-ins
• X99_Injector (brought by Stinga11 as for the #1 post)
AND FINALLY SOME QUESTIONS FOR YOU GUYS :
• Sometimes I still have some KP on “cold” boot. But, when I reboot, it always goes fine. This is the most “unstable” thing of all my system. Attached a screenshot. Do you guys experienced something like that?
• Sleep functions don’t work. If I put to sleep the system, It wakes up, but before reaching again my desktop, it does reboot.
• I do not have SSDT in my EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched. I didn’t find any difference with or without it. Is this a problem for the overall stability of the system?
• Do you have some advice about BIOS or Clover settings, considering I’m about to reconnect my Windows 7 UEFI SSD and I’m not an OC guy?
• Is there a better way of using the FrequecyVectorEdit.sh command other than with the iMac14,2, considering my hardware and that I have a MacPro6,1 SMBIOS definition?
Besides these questions, any help or advice to refine my installation would be much appreciated. Thank you very much!
An old noob