Haswell-E 5820k 5930k installation guide with full speedstep working

stinga11

358 posts in this topic

Hi Stinga,

I think your guide is pretty clear. But my problem is before even the installation process begins  :) .

I know it’s annoying answering a noob question made by a noob user. But really, I’ve tried the installation process following exactly RampageDev guide and I don’t get past the black screen with the white logo.

I have an Asus X99-Deluxe with a 5930K running Mavericks. Do you have any advice for a guide which ideally would be the “Step 1” to your guide?

Thanks

F.

Try and persevere with RampageDev's guide and consider different interpretations on how to implement his instructions. Graphics can be a big obstacle in succeeding with an installation. Have you tried a verbose boot from clover? What are the read outs? Are you using an HDMI or DVI cable? (booting with analogue monitor is very difficult and inconsistent) Have you tried NVIDIA flags/injectors in clover?

• Like 2

Try and persevere with RampageDev's guide and consider different interpretations on how to implement his instructions. Graphics can be a big obstacle in succeeding with an installation. Have you tried a verbose boot from clover? What are the read outs? Are you using an HDMI or DVI cable? (booting with analogue monitor is very difficult and inconsistent) Have you tried NVIDIA flags/injectors in clover?

Thanks Mystroe,

I’ve finally managed to install El Capitan. I’ve understood that you can’t ask for help, if you don’t have barely an idea of what you’re asking for :).

I’m still in the process of post-install right now, trying to “distill” the infos from the posts of SammlerG and maleorderbride. For the very nature of a forum, infos are very “liquid” and can change from one post to the other. You have to follow them and see if there are changes.

Have a nice day

F.

Hi Stinga,

I think your guide is pretty clear. But my problem is before even the installation process begins  :) .

I know it’s annoying answering a noob question made by a noob user. But really, I’ve tried the installation process following exactly RampageDev guide and I don’t get past the black screen with the white logo.

I have an Asus X99-Deluxe with a 5930K running Mavericks. Do you have any advice for a guide which ideally would be the “Step 1” to your guide?

Thanks

F.

You can also read http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/313296-guide-mac-osx-1012-with-x99-broadwell-e-family-and-haswell-e-family/page-1 :wink_anim:

• Like 1

Oh, thanks, I’ve tried. With no success  :lol: . Too much infos one month ago, my brain was about to explode! I’m just an average user.

And, by the way, I’ve tried also to understand your guide on your site, with Google Translate!   :)

Thanks Mystroe,

I’ve finally managed to install El Capitan. ...still in the process of post-install ...

Well done, glad you got there in the end.

If I remember correctly, for USB, Rehab man's guide did the trick for me.

For getting the CPU working better this helped me http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309717-haswell-e-5820k-5930k-installation-guide-with-full-speedstep-working/page-8?do=findComment&comment=2262910

• Like 1

Hi (again) guys,

I wanted to share with you my config.plist, my geekbench score, along with some issues I have and hope someone would be so kind to help me in the process of fine tuning:

STEPS DONE TO INSTALL EL CAPITAN 10.10.6:

• To install I’ve followed the motionworks’ guide.

• Then I’ve used some parts of the stinga11’s guide (this thread), to make USB 3.0 work (installing in S/L/E the x99_Injector.kext provided by him and applying in Clover the binary patch from arix98) and to make audio work (using his binary patch in Clover and installing in S/L/E the AppleHDA.kext provided by him). Unfortunately, the other stuff mentioned didn’t work for me (for sure I did something wrong  :)).

• I’ve copy/pasted in Clover the kernel patches from Pike R. Alpha as kindly illustrated from SammlerG.

• I’ve followed the “explained” version of the mentioned post from SammlerG, written by maleorderbride, with some other detailed steps to perform. Here I don’t know If I got everything correct: although Pike R. Alpha’s guide to his FrequencyVectorEdit.sh command is based on a SMBIOS of a MacPro6,1, when I’ve launched the command there were no option for a board-ID of a MacPro6,1. So I ended up using the one for the iMac14,2.

BIOS SETTINGS (Default values except for the following):

AI Tweaker

• CPU Core Ratio  –>  Sync All Cores

• Core Ratio Limit  –>  Auto

Advanced

• EIST  –>  Disabled

• CPU C-States  –>  Enabled

• EHCI Hand-off  –>  Enabled

Boot

• Launch CSM  –>  Disabled

• OS Type  –>  Other OS

CLOVER SETTINGS:

See attached config.plist

CLOVER DRIVERS AND KEXTS:

drivers64UEFI

• DataHubDxe-64

• EmuVariableUefi-64

• FSInject-64

• HFSPlus

• OsxAptioFixDrv-64

• OsxFatBinaryDrv-64

kexts

• FakeSMC

MAC OS 10.11.6 KEXTS:

• AppleHDA (brought by Stinga11 as for the #1 post)

• FakeSMC with Plug-ins
• X99_Injector (brought by Stinga11 as for the #1 post)

AND FINALLY SOME QUESTIONS FOR YOU GUYS  :):

• Sometimes I still have some KP on “cold” boot. But, when I reboot, it always goes fine. This is the most “unstable” thing of all my system. Attached a screenshot. Do you guys experienced something like that?

• Sleep functions don’t work. If I put to sleep the system, It wakes up, but before reaching again my desktop, it does reboot.

• I do not have SSDT in my EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched. I didn’t find any difference with or without it. Is this a problem for the overall stability of the system?

• Do you have some advice about BIOS or Clover settings, considering I’m about to reconnect my Windows 7 UEFI SSD and I’m not an OC guy?

• Is there a better way of using the FrequecyVectorEdit.sh command other than with the iMac14,2, considering my hardware and that I have a MacPro6,1 SMBIOS definition?

Besides these questions, any help or advice to refine my installation would be much appreciated. Thank you very much!

An old noob

post-1233686-0-56511500-1483573236_thumb.png

config.plist.zip

post-1233686-0-68619000-1483573301_thumb.png

• 3 months later...

Hi (again) guys,

I wanted to share with you my config.plist, my geekbench score, along with some issues I have and hope someone would be so kind to help me in the process of fine tuning:

Hello I make working 5930k 4200 mghz 27000 geek score (there is vectors mac 6.1 modfication was made and ssdt aml with "-a cpu0 -6300" flags) sleep works

If  u want acpi patched folder, config.plist and kexts folder - I can give

• 1 year later...
On 12/6/2015 at 12:31 AM, AsusFreak said:

Nice write up, thanks!  :)  Though, I still have the same problem I've tried to resolve for weeks. When the box wakes from sleep the cpu will no longer run at full speed. GB scores drop from 26K to 10K.  Can anyone else verify this?

post-922667-0-88372700-1449379673.png   post-922667-0-58970900-1449379691.png

Interesting, goes to sleep as a MacPro, wakes up as a Macmini. haha

Hey, I have the exact same problem, did you ever find a solution?  

Edit: I found the solution here:

works 100% now

Edited by vado29