[Help] Internal microphone not Working

kosakgroove

32 posts in this topic

I dont know what it is, but my Internal laptop Mic is detected thanks to the patched AppleHDA, and OSX reports it as working, but no matter how loud, the input seems to be 0..Internal speakers and microphone/Headphone jack all work wonderfully. I use audio layout 3 
Any help would be appreciated...

Realtek ALC233
Asus X550LDV
Intel core i7
Mac OSX 10.9.5
(sound has always worked with patched AppleHDA, in many OSX versions, but the mic never has, and it would be so awesome if it did)

Thanks a lot!

Attaching pictures of system info, sound pref, and midi setup

post-1517295-0-72363800-1449068287_thumb.png

post-1517295-0-84491900-1449068295_thumb.png

post-1517295-0-10788400-1449068305_thumb.png

Patch your AppleHDA again: New AppleHDA Patcher

And after patch , rebuild your caches and repair the disk permissions.

I've tried to use this app but it crashes. So i am using the patched appleHDA from mirone. ALC233 OSX 10.9.5

Can you guide me towards any possible fix to apply to my applehda?

Patch your AppleHDA again: New AppleHDA Patcher

And after patch , rebuild your caches and repair the disk permissions.

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Try this:attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext.zip

And how you inject your AppleHDA?

I install it to System Library Extensions, and the layout id is injected in the dsdt, so no need for clover to do it..

Will try that one now

Try this:attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext.zip

And how you inject your AppleHDA?

Everything works like before,no changes whatsoever... Do you have any idea what can be wrong? Anything that i can provide you??

Thanks a lot for trying

Check if in S/L/E are not any HDAEnabler, DummyHDA, or any option about audio in config.plist, e.g: 

Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 4.50.25 PM.png

If there is something like that, remove, and use just the patched AppleHDA.

Repair the disk permissions, and run this commands:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo nvram -c

Check if in S/L/E are not any HDAEnabler, DummyHDA, or any option about audio in config.plist, e.g: 

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-12-02 at 4.50.25 PM.png

If there is something like that, remove, and use just the patched AppleHDA.

Repair the disk permissions, and run this commands:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo nvram -c

Hi my friend! Tried all of what you said to no avail... Everything remains the same... Is this a problem with my mic?? Becauseit is detected, but the master volume in midi setup is 0

That's strange because here, my settings are the same like you:

MIDI:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-12-02 at 5.21.30 PM.png

Microphone - I made some noise (hissing), and we can see the bar moving...

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-12-02 at 5.21.17 PM.png

if theres anything i can do to debug the issue id loveto help.

Here itsme screaming to the mic:

post-1517295-0-32830200-1449084739_thumb.png

post-1517295-0-65559700-1449084740_thumb.png

You've injected Sound in DSDT and SSDT-10, try this: attachicon.gifSSDT-10.zip

And apply DTGP patch in your DSDT this is mandatory.

Ok Allan! Got the patching done, and replaced theSSDT with the one you sent.. 

Now when recording through theinternal speaker i get a background kind of loud noise..

But system preferences still detects as no input 

The microphone is detected but still no sound recorded through it..

One good thingis that the DTGP patch gave me a stereo control in system preferences for the speakers, which is always welcome!! thanks a lot for that!

Though the mic is still not working.. Any ideas?

• Like 1

Nice!

Let's do a test, change the LayoutID for 12.

Apply this in both DSDT and SSDT-10

E.g:

"layout-id",     
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
}, 

Hey mate!Thanks alot for your time spent on me!

I already changed to layout 12 but it detects no audio devices with that, no sound input or output.. Could you kindlycheck if I changed the layout in the acpi files correctly???

I always thought that audio layout 3 was the proper one for me since this laptop has only one jack connection, which does external microphones and headphones at the same time, +speakers +internal microphone..

Do you think audio layout 12 can help? If so, I must've done it wrong....

Could you check if my audio injection in dsdt is correct?

Hey mate!Thanks alot for your time spent on me!

I already changed to layout 12 but it detects no audio devices with that, no sound input or output.. Could you kindlycheck if I changed the layout in the acpi files correctly???

I always thought that audio layout 3 was the proper one for me since this laptop has only one jack connection, which does external microphones and headphones at the same time, +speakers +internal microphone..

Do you think audio layout 12 can help? If so, I must've done it wrong....

Could you check if my audio injection in dsdt is correct?

Edit: I did change it correctly, but this way no sound devices are detected.. I'll have to stick to audio layout 3 as I suspected..

layout12.zip

post-1517295-0-34533500-1449124178_thumb.png

Is there anything i can do to be helpful my friend? I would do anything to be able to skype with my gf anywhere..

I'm willing to donate to anyone that could fix this microphone issue... 

It would make my day.

Oh and if anyone knows about how to make internal realtek card readers work on hackintosh laptop that would be awesome too!

I saw your files, and you have modified correctly.

Hey we can do a test with DummyHDA, what do you think?

About Card Reader see this: USB Card Reader Apple Optimized Legacy Driver (10.6.5/10.6.6/10.6.7/10.6.8)

I'm open to any suggestion! Thanks a lot for all the time you spent one me Allan! 

Let's get to it, as soon as you can

I'm open to any suggestion! Thanks a lot for all the time you spent one me Allan! 

Let's get to it, as soon as you can

BTw im spanish but fluent in portuguese.. E eu posso lhe dizer que voce é um cara 5estrelas.. Obrigadao pelo seu tempo amigo!

Quando quiser eu estou aqui pronto a testar o que voce achar necessario

• Like 1

Ok.

Here: attachicon.gifArchive.zip

Install your vanilla AppleHDA (remove the patched first) and install DummyHDA.

Use the modified config.plist, and repair the disk permission, btw use the commands that i've sent to you before.

Ok man! Using everything you said, it gets detected different than before, but now there is no sound whatsoever, and in sound preferences 0 choices. In system report though something new comes up, and it describes my hardware better.. I think we are much closer to solving this.. Do you know why my audio doesnt work now? After removing patched AppleHDA, putting the vanilla one and the dummy kext, cleaned nvram, rebuilt cache, changed to the config plist you gave me...

Any help?

Ok man! Using everything you said, it gets detected different than before, but now there is no sound whatsoever, and in sound preferences 0 choices. In system report though something new comes up, and it describes my hardware better.. I think we are much closer to solving this.. Do you know why my audio doesnt work now? After removing patched AppleHDA, putting the vanilla one and the dummy kext, cleaned nvram, rebuilt cache, changed to the config plist you gave me...

Any help?

This is system info in my other install of mavericks, where sound works with mirone's patch applehda

You can notice a big difference in terms of naming.. The pics with the black menubar and black dock are mavericks as well,where i have been trying all your suggestions, and where it detects iphone headset, and sound doesnt work at all with the dummy kext.. Maybe thats the issue.. i really dont know

In the black mavericks install, all the components are detected the way they should, but sound doesnt work at all.. In the other install, it's detected with mistakes related to my hardware, but it works (with exception of microphone of course) What's your suggestion?

post-1517295-0-80884100-1449160300_thumb.png

post-1517295-0-53962800-1449160314_thumb.png

post-1517295-0-20297000-1449161627_thumb.png