Installed OS X Yosemite Zone graphics issue

1 post in this topic

I have Yosemite Zone somewhat installed. After install, it would boot into a gray screen with the mouse pointer on the top-left corner. About 10 seconds into that, I'd get the spinning beach ball and it wouldn't go past that screen. 

I rebooted my computer and typed in "-x", and it went straight into the setup assistant where I created my user account and other information. After that, I rebooted the machine, and started OS X without any additional boot flags. Again, it went into the gray screen with mouse pointer and beech ball. At this point, I suspected that it was graphics card related. 

I once more rebooted my machine, and this time, I typed in "-s" to get into Single user mode. I did the grafix backup all command, and rebooted the machine. 

At this point, the machine boots into OS X, but with graphical issues. "About this Mac" says Graphics: Display 3Mb and that's it. 

I've read that the Yosemite has out of the box support for R9 380 cards, but for some reason, it doesn't work well with mine. 

I'm also under the impression that the AMD9000Controler.kext file is what works for this card. I've used Kext Wizard to install that kext, but still nothing.

I appreciate any help. 

Hardware info is in signature.

*Edit 1*

It looks like I forgot to include the AMDSupport Kext. I installed that through Kext Wizard, and after rebooting, my graphics card is now detected as AMD R9 xxx 4096MB 

However, I still have some graphic glitches. I moved the System Report window around the screen, and there's obvious jerking/tearing. Also, when I go to sign in, the screen flashes a bit, and then signs in. 

Here's a link to images I took about the issue: https://flic.kr/s/aHskmQwW2g

If you can't see my signature: 

CPU: AMD FX8350 @ stock speed

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Rev.4

RAM: 8GB (2x4) Patriot Viper @ 1600 Mhz

Graphics Card: MSI R9 380 4GB

Storage: 1x 250GB SSD (Windows 10), 1x 64GB SSD (OS X 10.10.1) 1x 2TB HDD (Storage for WIN 10) 1x 160GB HDD (Storage for OS X)

PSU: Corsair CX750 non modular

post-1201152-0-51964500-1449005115_thumb.jpg