smbios for fakecpuid?

LockDown

9 posts in this topic

this is for older OS such as Lion. Wiki says, i tested it, and it work. Hence the question. as to why i i would need Lion on haswell? Its my pref.

Yep faking it , would get it to work , however keep in mind that it has impact to appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext

You may change the SMBIOS , but i am not sure what would be the impact be to appleintelcpupowermanagent.kext and power management as a whole. My recommendation is to stick with the current SMBIOS , this way Lion does not interfere power management and other things as well  - this is just my suggestion 

You may still want to experiment with it and try using an ivy smbios to see how the power management works (and if it actually works) 

Thank you Prasys for clarification :)

Respect!

I will check Powermanangement as base of whatever i will find.

Let us know or updated here ,so that at least it would be helpful for others :) 

Oh yes , just to add it may cause kernel panic or so. I have not experimented , the reason being haswell and all are using X86Platform (kernel) and no longer intelcpupowermanagement for power management

Had to use nullcpu else kp on either of the smbios. So that means no powermanagement(?). Lion doesnt have definition for haswell, i guess i will be using ivy smbios then

You may try and it may give a kernel panic

It tries to handle as Ivy , but then of course you are using Haswell. so it's incompatible and poof it breaks. I don't think changing to ivy may help as well either