• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

TheRoxasguy

TheRoxasguy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

To be honest I'm not sure. I don't use AMD graphics so not sure on the patching. However someone here will be able to help you with that, http://www.insanelym.../forum/174-ati/

Also look on the root of your pendrive. Do you see a folder named Extra? If so upload it. Assuming you're using Chameleon/Enoch to boot.

Sorry for the late reply. I came down with an illness a few weeks ago...

I also purchased a GTX 950 and installed it within my rig. However... I cannot find anything about that card working in Yosemite either. I have found some information about a "Web Driver" from nVidia, however after I installed it there was no difference in the display. Any ideas?

UPDATE: Never mind, I was able to get the graphics card working! I just needed to swap the Web Drivers around as the currently used driver XD So that's all taken care of. I tested with a 3D application and it works flawlessly.

However, now I need to get audio and my wifi working.

For audio, my motherboard came equipped with an Integrated ALC888S-VD. 

As for the networking... That's more confusing to me. I think my Wifi is called "802.11 Wireless b/g/n PCI-E Mini card" (that's according to the manufacture's site). And my ethernet is a "10-Base-T PCI Realtek RTL8105E."

Do you have any suggestions for those components? Thanks for your help!

Edited by TheRoxasguy, 20 February 2016 - 10:34 AM.

Shaneee

Shaneee

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,268 posts

For your Audio, I don't think a patched AppleHDA will work on your chipset so we will go with VoodooHDA. Remove AppleHDA from System/Library/Extensions and install this,

http://sourceforge.n...kg.zip/download

For your LAN, Install this,

Attached File  Realtek PCIE x1 LAN RTL0105E.mpkg.zip   172.12KB   3 downloads

WiFi can be tricky without a properly supported card. Run this app to see what the card is,

Attached File  System Info.zip   393.01KB   2 downloads

TheRoxasguy

TheRoxasguy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

I installed both of those packages (for audio and ethernet). The audio did not change anything, but I think Ethernet may have worked. However, my PC is some distance away from my router so I'm unable to connect my PC via ethernet. It must be wireless. I opened up that System Info app you sent and found my device and my device is the "Ralink 5390." After looking around it seems that card is not compatible with OS X. But those posts were rather old, so perhaps this changed over time? Do you know of any kexts for this device?

Would I be better off buying a wireless adapter such as this one from amazon? Edimax provides OS X drivers for almost all of their adapters.

UPDATE: Never mind, the audio mysteriously started working! It had a lot of static, but I just needed to set the Input Gain to 0. So audio is working, now I just need internet.

Also, it seems my PC will be on a constant reboot loop unless I type in the bootleg "/kernel". Is there anyway I can make the OS use the kernel on the USB by default? Copy it over somewhere? I did some looking around on the internet and actually couldn't find anything regarding that.

Edited by TheRoxasguy, 20 February 2016 - 11:58 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amd, card, mountain lion, osx, athlon, radeon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy