Hello! I have been attempting to install Mountain Lion on my PC which is currently running Windows 10. Here are my current specs.
CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 270
GPU: Sapphire ATI Radeon R7 240 (4GB DDR3)
Motherboard: N-Alvorix-RS880-uATX (Alvorix)
However, I am... not doing too well with the installation. Upon my first attempt, I was successful at getting the PC to boot into the OS X boot screen (Apple Logo with loading spinner), but it just sat there spinning and spinning, not doing anything more.
So I rebooted and entered in some boot flags. I tried the following combinations:
1) amd -v -x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x2000
2) amd -v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000
3 )amd -v
Now, the results were the following:
1) The entire process stopped at "System uptime in nanoseconds = 0"
2) The process froze about a minute into the loading process with the error, "BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory."
3) Same result as #2
4) I can load into the Apple loading screen, but it sits forever and never actually loads the installation setup.
So... My question is this:
My PC specs can run Mountain Lion, correct? If not, then I apologize for wasting your time. Which versions of OS X can my PC run with the mentioned specs? How would I go about running this on my hardware? I am completely new to this process, so I apologize for my inexperience. But I thank you all for your help!