osx sl on dell latitude d520

in2media

33 posts in this topic

ok so i thought id try put osx sl on my old dell d520, i searched google and a site which advised to use myhack to create a usb drive. i received my sl install disc and thought i get started. i already had lion installed by aitkos but myhack gives an error when i try launch it

error message as follows

dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022 /var/folders/Nt/NteEf4YYHe0I8-6OfUoI8U+++TI/-Tmp-/.plx_tmp.5xyOUv: line 68: 587 Trace/BPT trap ./myhack --gui $jogsubiSOEisfoISJFEosUBXzkuBSOUosdjsoruSROUHEgsoeuGzmhbkeeuigw07429yagsoIUAg90271

any help or other way to proceed appreciated

You'd better get Yosemite or El capitan, and create your usb drive with the createinstallmedia command line.

I recommand using clover.

If you want more help, post details of your computer (cpu, gpu, audio, ethernet, wifi, dsdt,ssdt)

Also you can read basic tutorial to create usb installer.

Post picture of your boot error if you have, and share your clover config file.

Cheers

oh i was advised yosemite wasnt compatible with my laptop.

heres specs

PROCESSOR / CHIPSET
  • CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 / 1.66 GHz
  • Number of Cores
    Dual-Core
  • Cache
    L2 - 2 MB
  • 64-bit Computing
    Yes
  • Data Bus Speed
    667 MHz
  • Chipset Type
    Mobile Intel 945GM Express

• Graphics Processor
    Intel GMA 950
  • Memory Allocation Technology
    Dynamic Video Memory Technology 3.0
  • Max Allocated RAM Size
    128 MB
  • Sound
    Stereo speakers
  • Audio Codec
    STAC9200

trying to make usb stick following a guide on internet

i came to this command and not sure what i change as my dmg of osx is on desktop

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X

any help appreciated

trying to make usb stick following a guide on internet

i came to this command and not sure what i change as my dmg of osx is on desktop

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X

any help appreciated

Not working on Intel GMA Graphics

You need minimum Intel HD 3000

Dont loosing your time

just ran install using nawcoms boot disc, all went well till reboot, then get grey logo then black screen although have sound, so no graphics at moment, re installing to see if can get graphics working

thanks chris, ive tried both ways now and nawcom works but no graphics. does anyone know what extras i need or what to do to get graphics working

how do i install it as i no graphics

has anyone done a guide for the latitude d520, seen loads for d620 d630 etc

I assumed you knew how to install kexts. 

Grab this: Kext Wizard

Use the kext in my last post, click the installation tab on in Kext Wizard. Drag and drop the kext into the window and click install and make sure you have S/L/E checked off(very important). Then repair permissions in the Kext Wizard's maintenance tab and restart. Try GraphicsEnabler=Yes after restarting.

I personally think using i--Boot(seriously? If the sites about hackintoshing then we should be able to post it, you may not support it but some of us do) 3.3.0 would've worked better, thats what I used on my Core 2 Duo and the process went smooth.