Kernel Panics - AppleIGB / IONetworkingFamily / IOPCiFamily (2.9)

zeppelin

9 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I installed Mac OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite with the RampageDev method using clover on an X99 system

Asus X99 Deluxe with 3.1 USB card

i7 5820k - 6 core, not overclocked yet

32 gig memory

Zotec 980 NVIDIA Card

Firewire Card

Sonnet Tempo e4p 4 x eSata Card

Sony Optiarc 5280 DVD RW

When it boots to the login screen, it works beautifully, everything works really well.

I've been getting these Kernel Panics as of late.  Sometimes I'll get one, then it will boot fine. Sometimes 3-4, sometimes none.

Edit: I repaired disk permissions and the issue still happens.

Also.... the Ethernet internet connection sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, sometimes drops out (and then I have to turn it off, switch to Wifi.  I think that these two issues may be related am I right?  Once I even unplugged the ethernet cable and the whole machine rebooted itsself.

Is there some kext I should remove / patch to help this issue?

Has anyone else had an intermittent type problem like this, and do you know why?

Thanks!

post-1592329-0-87629400-1448069269_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I notice with clover the driver OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi was doing this to me.  I have a Nvidia 970GTX card so I ended up using a different Test2.efi from https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/tickets/125/supplied by Nick on that ticket made my system more reliable on boot.  However, after upgrading Clover to 3330 I went back to having issues again, and had to return to OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi which a % of the time panics in the same spot.

Just sharing my feedback getting that panic randomly.  Its a odd one.

I was running npci=0x2000

Hello. The whole kernel panic is cut off a little bit, but I know for sure that it has to do with your Ethernet/WiFi card. The cause of your panics are the AppleIGB.kext, which a quick Google will tell you has to do with Ethernet/WiFi. Could you please provide us with what card you are using specifically (or if it's on the motherboard)? Thanks.

• 6 months later...

Same problem here.  I have a different motherboard, but I believe we both have the same NICs.  I use AppleIGB for the i211, and it sometimes causes a panic at boot.  Rebooting a few times usually gets me going.  The easy solution is to remove AppleIGB, and use IntelMausiEthernet with the i218.  But that doesn't help if you require two NICs (I do).  I'm still looking for a solution to this.

I also use npci=0x2000 and OsxAptioFixDrv.efi in order to boot.

Have you tried faking your i211 device ID to the i210's (0x1533)? The i210 has native support with AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext.

I'm trying now with 0x15338086 in the LAN Fake ID.  DPCI Manager shows two i210 devices in the PCI List, but it doesn't seem to work.  I see no ethernet cards in both DPCI Manager Status tab, and System Profiler.