Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 (First Hackintosh Install Progress)

mklein49

57 posts in this topic

I have a similar setup but my also doesn't really work. It will go to sleep but won't wake correctly. Do you have sleep working ask the way? I may do a reinstall just to try to get sleep working again.

I tried sleep once and it seemed to work.  I never use sleep so sorry I cant be too much more assistance.

I have a similar setup but my also doesn't really work. It will go to sleep but won't wake correctly. Do you have sleep working ask the way? I may do a reinstall just to try to get sleep working again.

From what I know so far, sleep seems to be hit or miss on skylake. Definitely does not work if you are using integrated intel HD530 or AMD graphics card. People seem to have it working on nvidia cards. I am getting my gtx 950 delivered today. Will update if I can get it to work.

edit: after installing gtx950, sleep works. However, upon waking the computer, the ethernet stops working. I get an error message regarding usb but the ports seem to work. 

I have the same experience as Hashish.  I had ethernet 211 working with IGBApple and now I have the I219 port working instead with the AppleIntell1000e kext modified as above.  Most everything works fine at boot.  I have correct Graphics, all RAM is recognized.

When the computer goes or is put to sleep, when it  wakes, sometimes I have no graphics, and always I have no Ethernet connection.  This was true with both the 211 port and the 219 port with either kext mentioned above.  In addition, when waking from sleep, the OS complains about too high a power draw on the USB ports.

When I shut down with the computer in this state - after waking from sleep - the console log screen fills with errors about the USB system.

The kexts I am using are FakeSMC, USBInjectAll, and AppleIntel1000E (only).  I am doing a kext patch of AppleUSBXHCIPCI in clover.plist to remove the port limit - I think that I need to do something to actually configure the USB ports.  I am reading that the USBInjectAll + remove port limits is only to be used on a temporary basis. 

I have not built a DSDT or SSDT for this system - I kind of though those went away with the into of UEFI, but now I am thinking they are still relevant.

Otherwise in Clover, I only have verbose set for a boot flag, and when using my 8400GS, I have to set "Inject nVidia." When my 970 is installed, I have to switch around the nVidia settings in clover.  i will move my good video card to this system permanently once it is as stable as my old MacOS system.  (EP45-DS3L--old but 100% working)

SMBIOS is set to 17,1 which could be the cause of the display trouble ok wake.  Since I am saying I have an iMac - the system assumes that my only display is a secondary display plugged into the "iMac" rather than the primary display.

From what I know so far, sleep seems to be hit or miss on skylake. Definitely does not work if you are using integrated intel HD530 or AMD graphics card. People seem to have it working on nvidia cards. I am getting my gtx 950 delivered today. Will update if I can get it to work.

edit: after installing gtx950, sleep works. However, upon waking the computer, the ethernet stops working. I get an error message regarding usb but the ports seem to work.

Sleep has been working fine for me using either IGFX or AMD. USB, Ethernet, etc. all seem to wake normally.

Is there anything that you did or is it waking up without any changes in DSDT or other modifications? I see that you have the same ethernet(i219v); for me no luck.

I tried the Intel HD530 and the screen becomes blank but the cpu would not go to sleep. As for the AMD, I tried XFX radeon 5450 and it goes to sleep but screen/usb/ethernet would not wake.

Refer to this thread for the AMD issues. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308025-no-graphics-usb-audio-after-wake/

I am on clover 3330. I do not have a modified DSDT. Using 10.11.2

May be you can help us?Thanks 

Is there anything that you did or is it waking up without any changes in DSDT or other modifications?

Nothing I did—no DSDT mods, no special Clover settings or anything.

Sleep just unexpectedly worked out of the box. Noticed when I left the ElCap installer idle for ~10 mins after initial boot that the system had went to sleep. The power LED was blinking and the CPU fan had turned off. Which surprised me, as sleep was something I never bothered to get working on my prior Z87 system.

I see that you have the same ethernet(i219v); for me no luck.

Ah. I just tested this with the fresh AppleIntelE1000e driver, and Ethernet is non-functional post-wake. Up till a few days ago, I'd been using a USB⟷Ethernet adapter to get around the driverless I219-V, which did function post-wake.

Everything else on system still appears to work post-wake though. System readily wakes with a mouseclick. Graphics, drives, and USB devices are all operational. So I'm assuming there's a sleep issue w/ the current driver.

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I can confirm that i219v works after waking up from sleep! I was using the Appleintel1000e.kext before.

Confirm here as well. I219V returns after wake when using the mentioned IntelMausiEthernet fork.

For your guys's install - do you just keep the kexts (USBInjectAll, FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet) in the Clover "Other" folder or do you use a kext utility to install them?  Do any of you use post install tools from Tonymacx86.com? Do you guys use any other kexts than the ones I listed?

I have only the USBInjectall, fakesmc and (intelmausiEthernet or AppleE1000)  

I have noticed now that if MacOS puts itself to sleep, everything wakes up fine -- video comes back ENet has a network connection, USB does't complain about power -- but if I choose sleep from the apple menu then I have all three problems.  Sometimes video works when I put the computer to sleep from the menu and sometimes it doesn't, but ENet never comes back and USB always complains about too much power.

Self induced sleep from the timer settings always seems to wake OK.

So... whats the difference between MacOS sleeping automatically and me choosing it from the Apple Menu?  I dunno.

For your guys's install - do you just keep the kexts (USBInjectAll, FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet) in the Clover "Other" folder or do you use a kext utility to install them?  Do any of you use post install tools from Tonymacx86.com? Do you guys use any other kexts than the ones I listed?

I keep all my kexts in clover/kexts/10.11. I have fakesmc, hwsensor kexts that vonmolk uploaded, custom usb injector for UD5 (with the guide from rehabman's post), AppleIGB, Intelmausi. Used toleda's clover alc patch for the audio. So there are other audio related kexts on my 10.11 folder.  The only modified kext in my S/L/E is applegraphicsdevicepolicy.kext to make NVIDIA card work. I don't use any post installation utility.

By the way do you have working powermanagment and speedstepping. you can use the latest ssdtPRGen from Pike R Alpha to make a SSDT for you processor. https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh

Why don't you put you hardware specs on your signature. Would be much easier to help.

I keep all my kexts in clover/kexts/10.11. I have fakesmc, hwsensor kexts that vonmolk uploaded, custom usb injector for UD5 (with the guide from rehabman's post), AppleIGB, Intelmausi. Used toleda's clover alc patch for the audio. So there are other audio related kexts on my 10.11 folder.  The only modified kext in my S/L/E is applegraphicsdevicepolicy.kext to make NVIDIA card work. I don't use any post installation utility.

By the way do you have working powermanagment and speedstepping. you can use the latest ssdtPRGen from Pike R Alpha to make a SSDT for you processor. https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh

Why don't you put you hardware specs on your signature. Would be much easier to help.

Thanks for that, I added my info in my signature and will go into getting the install done.  I already had an ssdt for my processor I found on TonyMacx86 though I didn't make it myself.  I don't know how to test to make sure i have working power management or speed stepping though.  I did install the Intel power gadget and HWmonitor which both work fine.

Thanks for that, I added my info in my signature and will go into getting the install done.  I already had an ssdt for my processor I found on TonyMacx86 though I didn't make it myself.  I don't know how to test to make sure i have working power management or speed stepping though.  I did install the Intel power gadget and HWmonitor which both work fine.

on the intel power gadget the CPU frequency should change according to the cpu load. My cpu frequency ranges from 1.5 to 3.6 Ghz. I think it is better to use the ssdtPRgen to generate your own ssdt. I will upload my config.plist if that helps you. Some USB NIC have been known to break sleep as well.

config.plist.zip

on the intel power gadget the CPU frequency should change according to the cpu load. My cpu frequency ranges from 1.5 to 3.6 Ghz. I think it is better to use the ssdtPRgen to generate your own ssdt. I will upload my config.plist if that helps you. Some USB NIC have been known to break sleep as well.

You are absolutely right and I will make my own. And just in case anyone else is having sleep problems I want to put this out there.

I have a h100i GTX and also the Corsair Commander Mini. In windows they use Corsair Link software and are directly connected to the motherboard via aUSB header. I was able to fix sleep by disconnecting the USB header and no longer using the Commander Mini. For anyone else in this situation the h100i fans work fine without Link.

Just an idea cause I have no idea how to do it.  With the USBInjector,you could build one so that the port that your cooler is plugged into is disabled in MacOS.  That way when you boot to windows, it would still be communicating.  It would just be invisible to MacOS and so would not cause you problems with sleep/wake - just an idea.

• Like 1

Just an idea cause I have no idea how to do it.  With the USBInjector,you could build one so that the port that your cooler is plugged into is disabled in MacOS.  That way when you boot to windows, it would still be communicating.  It would just be invisible to MacOS and so would not cause you problems with sleep/wake - just an idea.

Thats a great idea and I bet I can do that, but of the time being and my laziness I just unplugged them!

Hey guys i noticed today that power management does not work after waking  up from sleep. Normally the CPU frequency would change from 1.5 Ghz to 3.3 Ghz when I first start up. After sleep, the CPU speed gets stuck at 3.6Ghz. Anyone know what is going on?

By the way I used ssdtPRGen to create SSDT.aml, I have kernelpm=true and do not have any c or p states enabled on my config.plist.

• 2 months later...

This is what I used as for bios settings

BIOS Features

Fast Boot - Enabled

PS2 Devices Support - Disabled

Windows 8/10 Features - Windows 8/10 WHQL

CSM Support - Disabled

Secure Boot - Disabled

Under Peripherals:

XHCI Hand-off - Enabled

Super IO Configuration > Serial Port 1 - Disabled

Under Chipset

VT-d - Disabled

IOAPIC 24-119 - Disabled

This is the plist I used on my USB installer http://www.gamefront.com/files/25371458/config.plist.zip

For Kext FakeSMC.kext

RehabMan's USB Inject All

After install I add the AppleIGB.kext to get the i211 running.  i219 is not working yet.

vonmolk, can you please re-upload your plist file? The link is not working anymore.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one real problem remaining with my mac.  I am running 10.11.3 but this problem has stuck with me from earlier builds.  I am using a recent USB injector from Rehabman, and have disabled a few ports to get under the 15 device limit.  All the ports I want working are working still no "red" 3.1 or type-c 3.1 ports, but thats ok since I don't have any of those devices.

My problem is that if my computer goes to sleep with a USB drive plugged in, I get the improperly ejected message.  I think there could be a DSDT edit for this problem to mark the USB ports as internal or something, but I don't have a good idea about that.  Does anyone know what edit I might make so that USB disks don't get ejected on sleep (or if they do get ejected it is properly) I see there are some scripts that can be set to run to eject disks before sleep - but I would rather figure out how to configure the USB ports properly so they act normal. 

• 7 months later...

I have one real problem remaining with my mac.  I am running 10.11.3 but this problem has stuck with me from earlier builds.  I am using a recent USB injector from Rehabman, and have disabled a few ports to get under the 15 device limit.  All the ports I want working are working still no "red" 3.1 or type-c 3.1 ports, but thats ok since I don't have any of those devices.

My problem is that if my computer goes to sleep with a USB drive plugged in, I get the improperly ejected message.  I think there could be a DSDT edit for this problem to mark the USB ports as internal or something, but I don't have a good idea about that.  Does anyone know what edit I might make so that USB disks don't get ejected on sleep (or if they do get ejected it is properly) I see there are some scripts that can be set to run to eject disks before sleep - but I would rather figure out how to configure the USB ports properly so they act normal. 

I have the same problem, just built a z170x-ultra gaming, i7 6700k. I've got it all working perfectly apart from this standby issue. Tried installing the script but it's a no go, still getting eject errors on wake.

• 4 months later...

Hi i am new on hackintosh world. I am reading and reading to understand as much i can. 

My spec is:

Processor: i7-6700k

MB: Gigabyte Z170X-UD5

Graphics: EVGA GTX980

Memory: 32 GB DDR4 Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s4

So my question is: It is Indispensable create a SSDT?

• Like 1