Can't complete installation - Panic TLB invalidation IPI timeout: CPU(s) failed to respond to interrupts

passmaster16

1 post in this topic

I'm having difficulty getting 10.11.1 installed on my Sony Vaio SVE1712.  I had 10.9.5 running on a separate SSD without issue on this same system but have run into the following panic

TLB invalidation IPI timeout: CPU(s) failed to respond to interrupts,

after the first reboot after the initial install of 10.11.1.  This is a dual core i5 3210M Ivy Bridge based machine.  I'm using XCPM for power management as I also did in 10.9.5 but it does not appear to make a difference if I turn it off in the Clover bootloader.  I'm not using custom dsdt or ssdts at the moment because I never required them under Mavericks.  The only kexts that I'm injecting is fakesmc and voodoops2controller.  I'm using Macbook Pro 9,2 for SMBIOS which seems to match the 3210M Ivy Bridge architecture the closest.

Any ideas on what I might be able to do to get this all the way through the install?  Aside from playing with XCPM (toggling on/off), I also tried toggling AsusAICPUPM and KernelPm without any success.  Interestingly it seems if I turn off XCPM I don't get the panic but just sits at the apple logo and never boots to the second part of the installation.

Thx

Josh