AMD 6850

wadedos

7 posts in this topic

Trying to update to El Capitan with an AMD 6850 devid: 0x6739

Using the Clover method.

I am able to install El Capitan without safe mode, but after install it's just a black screen.

Using safe mode I am able to boot into OSX however without a black screen.

I've heard about problems with AMD 7XXX Cards with El Capitan and modifying AMDRadeonX4000.kext/Contents/Info.plist or using Verde.kext to Inject them.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance :)

No, I'm Sorry.  :blush:

I have found the problem with the black screen is possibly related to AGPM or TyMCE with the Mac Pro 5,1 SMBIOS on 10.10+

As using an iMac SMBIOS I am able to boot 10.10 or 10.11 with the 6850 loaded and full QE/CI but is painfully slow?

I have chosen the Mac Pro 5,1 as my board uses ECC RAM and has an Xeon E5620.

Previously i have used the Mac Pro 5,1 SMBIOS on 10.9.5 and works flawlessly with the 6850 OOB.

Would this be a problem related to AGPM with 10.10+ , If so does this have to be patched ?

• 1 year later...

using an iMac SMBIOS I am able to boot 10.10 or 10.11 with the 6850 loaded and full QE/CI but is painfully slow?

I'm having the exact same experience wadedos, only with my GeForce GT 520.  I've tried both a Nvidia and Radeon that I have successfully used in other Hacks.  Both returning the same result.  I haven't completely given up yet.  It appears the only people having success with this machine are using nvidia web drivers with Quadro 4000.  Perhaps other cards on this list will work.  I'll take a couple more stabs at it first.