El Capitan on GA-Z170X-Gaming 5

Cyberdevs

769 posts in this topic

This the 2.4.0 which I use.

Unable to reproduce working.

Installed attached CodecCommander in S/L/E with kext utility.

Reboot.

Test sound - ok.

Sleep - ok.

Sound after sleep - negative.

post-1083558-0-03220900-1494218708.png

post-1083558-0-43863400-1494218713_thumb.png

Change darkwake to darkwake=8 some people succeeded getting it to work with darkwake=8

did you rebuild system cache afterwards?

No i forgot to rebuild but setting darkwake = 8 has audio after sleep working even without rebuilding cache.  :thumbsup_anim:

Can you set yours to 8 as well and test if it work so we can one universal setting (hopefully)

Sure thing,

Darkwake=8 is working too

Note:

The weird thing is I get lots of kernel panic at boot, it happens a lot almost 4 times out of 10. It might be because of nVidia web drivers but it's so annoying.

In general I had a more stable system with El Capitan.

Sure thing,

Darkwake=8 is working too

Note:

The weird thing is I get lots of kernel panic at boot, it happens a lot almost 4 times out of 10. It might be because of nVidia web drivers but it's so annoying.

In general I had a more stable system with El Capitan.

Yeah could be web drivers as i don't get any kp's

So i tried changed back to post-1083558-0-24944400-1494221018.png and ever after a cache update i cant get audio after sleep. 8 still work though.

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

So I have to wait for another update from nVidia or apple to see if they solve my problem.

I have to go now, so see ya around

Set it back to darkwake=8 and see if it resolves the issue

I still can't get the CodecComander.kext v. 2.6.3 to work. No Audio after wake with darkwake=8, I'm going to test the other profiles and see which one might work.

so you have already tested all the profiles, if you did, I'm waisting my time changing them?

I did test them all. Keep on mind profile 0 works for you with older version and 8 works for me not 0 so maybe one will work for you.

When I get more time I'll be testing from 2.6.3 down to the one were using using all profiles.

Profile 0 = darkwake ticked

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm just going to try find the latest version that keeps audio working after sleep :-)

As well already know what works for you doesn't mean it will work for me and vice versa which is unfortunate but we will get there.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...