El Capitan on GA-Z170X-Gaming 5

Cyberdevs

769 posts in this topic

maybe the last one he sent you has some bugs, we have to wait for him to come back and check it out. I'm no expert on DSDT patching.

But if you can use the DSDT for Z170X G5 DSDT and everything works just fine, maybe we could use it as a universal DSDT for all Z170X0-Gaming 5 rigs.

maybe the last one he sent you has some bugs, we have to wait for him to come back and check it out. I'm no expert on DSDT patching.

But if you can use the DSDT for Z170X G5 DSDT and everything works just fine, maybe we could use it as a universal DSDT for all Z170X0-Gaming 5 rigs.

Yeah ill give it a go later on, gotta go deal with some other stuff.

HDMI Audio? Yes

Sound? Yes

Sleep? Dont use it.

Shutdown? Havnt tested yet

USB ports? Yes

It would be great if you test sleep and shutdown so we make sure for further reference. (for the guide we are about to put together)

It would be great if you test sleep and shutdown so we make sure for further reference. (for the guide we are about to put together)

Due to my aio liquid cooler that has a usb attached to the internal header sleep doesnt work for me so i dont use it.

But i am willing to give it a go to get it all working.

EDIT: Sleep works with USBInjectAll.kext + my custom SSDT-UIAC.aml - port limit patch.

I don't use sleep either but I just want to make sure it does work on your rig too.

I tested it on my computer and it works

:thumbsup_anim:

Due to my aio liquid cooler that has a usb attached to the internal header sleep doesnt work for me so i dont use it.

But i am willing to give it a go to get it all working.

EDIT: Sleep works with USBInjectAll.kext + my custom SSDT-UIAC.aml - port limit patch.

I don't use sleep either but I just want to make sure it does work on your rig too.

I tested it on my computer and it works

:thumbsup_anim:

I lose internal after sleep, HDMI audio works after sleep but not internal audio.

NOTE: The only kext i have installed in S/L/E is now CodecCommander to try fix the issue but it didnt help.

Same here, No sound on internal speaker, but when I plug my headphones in front header headphone jack they work, HDMI audio is working too.

I didn't test headphone as i don't usually use them, i'm just glad we both have the same issue and not just me  :lol:

:)) You're not alone bro! :D

The loss of sound after sleep is a known issue, and I didn't care about it because I never put my computer to sleep but since we are trying to create the "Perfect Hackintosh" and a universal solution for GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 mainboards we need to make sure we find a solution for each problem.

:)) You're not alone bro! :D

The loss of sound after sleep is a known issue, and I didn't care about it because I never put my computer to sleep but since we are trying to create the "Perfect Hackintosh" and a universal solution for GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 mainboards we need to make sure we find a solution for each problem.

:thumbsup_anim: Yup, Hopefully someone else knowledgable will pipe up soon and say hey "this is how you solve no audio after sleep"  :drool:

Maybe but I will do some digging to see if I can find a workaround 

Edit:

Adding CodecCommander.kext to S/L/E then fixing permissions

and

set darkwake solved no audio after sleep problem :D

• Like 1

ofc alc1150 need codeccommander, work in Clover/Kexts/Other too, new version days ago

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-eapd-codec-commander/downloads/RehabMan-CodecCommander-2017-0501.zip

Cyberdevs, SavageUs, Do you have the same motherboard?

Can test it, i think is a USB patch

DSDT.Savage 02.zip

let me know, need found a patch with now have conflict or error with Clover

if have same mobo, we can usa DSDT, no problem

• Like 1

ofc alc1150 need codeccommander, work in Clover/Kexts/Other too, new version days ago

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-eapd-codec-commander/downloads/RehabMan-CodecCommander-2017-0501.zip

Cyberdevs, SavageUs, Do you have the same motherboard?

Can test it, i think is a USB patch

attachicon.gifDSDT.Savage 02.zip

let me know, need found a patch with now have conflict or error with Clover

if have same mobo, we can usa DSDT, no problem

I didnt test this DSDT but i have already been using latest CodecCommander.

post-1083558-0-75619000-1494211893_thumb.png

IOReg from this one.

Shane’s iMac.zip

• Like 1

looks good

Work in El Capo and Sierra.

Works well for me, sleep still works. But still no audio after sleep from "Internal Speakers"

Sound after sleep issue was resolved by changing the CodecCommander.kext from 2.6.3 to 2.4.0 on my rig. adding darkwake is essential to make it work

Which darkwake? 0,1,2,3,4,8,10

This is how I fixed sound after sleep:

CodecCommander.kext needs to be installed in S/L/E, it didn't work when I copied it to Clover/Kext/10.12 or /Other,

Adding darkwake boot flag

Running Kext Utility afterward

reboot and it's working.

the first one with no number.

I tested the final version DSDT file and everything seems to be working fine.

I will test it more later on.

and here is my IOReg file 

post-1011040-0-69612800-1494215819.png

Dev’s iMac.zip