Problem after updating Yosemite

zdimension

4 posts in this topic

MODERATORS: I realized after posting this that I should maybe have posted it in Post-Installation instead of Installation, if it's the case please move it

Hello,
I have recently updated my Yosemite Zone from 10.10.1 to 10.10.5. When I boot using Clover, I get a black screen on my two monitors, with the mouse cursor in upper left corner. I can move it, etc., caps/num/scroll lock works, but nothing on the screen other than cursor.
If I boot (without boot flags) using Chameleon on my original installer USB key, then I get the same result, but with an Apple-grey (or gray?) background.
I've tried different boot flags, no worked.
Also, according to the OS X volume, the files that were modified in the update (in the System\Library\Extensions) are IOGraphicsFamily.kext, IONDRVSupport.kext, IOPCIFamily.kext, System.kext, AppleBacklightExpert.kext and AudioAUUC.kext.

Plz I don't want to reinstall everything, it took me 3 days to make it working...

EDIT: Also I am using an Asus GeForce GTX 760 192-bit
EDIT 2: I downloaded the latest nVidia drivers (346.02.03f01) and copied the kext files in \System\Library\Extensions, now when I boot using Clover, I get exact same as before, except that at 50% of the progress bar, instead of opening the black screen with cursor like previously, I get a small "loading" circle icon. It's been staying there for around 15 minutes and nothing happened. If I boot using the installer USB key with the boot flags "dart=0 nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No -f -v" I get lots of stuff then kernel panic "a freed zone element has been modified in zone kalloc.64". Otherwise, it freezes at "[iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed"

--this topic was originally on tony{censored}'s forum because I didn't use InsanelyMac (which looks better) at that time--

Thanks very much

without a full hardware specification do not expect a clear answer to your incomplete question !!! enter your full hardware spec. in your signature. Furthermore, we support here not tonytools. Please note the small house rules. Thx

post copy of config.plist,if you are using clover boot loader.  reinstall  all the required kexts for 10.10.1 again.see if it boots ok.

if not remove web driver kexts from S/L/E, then boot with -v flag.post back