Creative CA0132 (G1.Sniper M3) patch for AppleHDA or VoodooHDA

wern apfel

851 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, wern apfel said:

Did you choose 6 channels using the Audio-MIDI tool? If not, it is also fake surround. You can test it by clicking on the speaker icons, you will hear some noise.

No, the MacOSX audio setting is at "Internal speaker" (=>fake MacOSX volume control). If I switch to "Device with several outputs" (which I created with the MIDI-tool), the music seems to be a little bit muted (=> no MacOSX volume control). But as with one or the other I have sound from all 6 speakers.

EDIT: One question: If MacOSX is not supporting Surround naturally, why is there the possibility in the MIDI-tool to choose "6 CH(annel) 16(, 20, 24) bit"?

BTW: If I switch the "Internal speakers" in the MIDI-tool from "2 CH 24 Bit 44,1 kHz" to "6 CH 24 Bit 44,1 kHz" I only have sound from the front satellites. Center, Subwoofer and rear went dead... But I can click on the speakers in the "Configure speakers"-Sub-Window (after crashing the MIDI tool) with the correct noise from every of the 6 speakers...

Edited by madicineman

39 minutes ago, madicineman said:

No, the MacOSX audio setting is at "Internal speaker" (=>fake MacOSX volume control). If I switch to "Device with several outputs" (which I created with the MIDI-tool), the music seems to be a little bit muted (=> no MacOSX volume control). But as with one or the other I have sound from all 6 speakers.

It's normal to have no volume control with a multi-output device. Therefore I recommend you to use layout 4 and fake surround with the switcher, that does the same thing. It splits two stereo channels to 6 channels. With layout 7 we can also have volume control and all the gimmicks like on Windows, but we have to load the Creative firmware.

50 minutes ago, madicineman said:

EDIT: One question: If MacOSX is not supporting Surround naturally, why is there the possibility in the MIDI-tool to choose "6 CH(annel) 16(, 20, 24) bit"?

BTW: If I switch the "Internal speakers" in the MIDI-tool from "2 CH 24 Bit 44,1 kHz" to "6 CH 24 Bit 44,1 kHz" I only have sound from the front satellites. Center, Subwoofer and rear went dead...

The driver does support true 6 channels, but iTunes and the QuickTime player not. 

28 minutes ago, wern apfel said:

It's normal to have no volume control with a multi-output device. Therefore I recommend you to use layout 4 and fake surround with the switcher, that does the same thing. It splits two stereo channels to 6 channels. With layout 7 we can also have volume control and all the gimmicks like on Windows, but we have to load the Creative firmware.

The driver does support true 6 channels, but iTunes and the QuickTime player not. 

OK, now I got everything like it is supposed to be, I guess.

With ID 4 and with no Switcher I have 3 "internal speakers", which are powering center + subwoofer, front speakers and rear speakers respectively. With them and the MIDI-tool I can built a "device with several outputs" but with no volume control in the MIDI-tool. This time I have no possibility to change one of the "internal speakers" to 6 channels in the MIDI-tool.

With ID 4 and the MacOSX-audio-settings at the uppermost of the "internal speakers" the CA0132Switcher works perfectly fine: "Fake Surround" switches all speakers on. "Headphones" switches to the front-plug of the case for headphones. The Micro´s are selected accordingly.

Thank you, Wern to guide me to this point. I am very sorry, it took me that long. You are the best!

I selected the Switcher to be loaded after login.

May I ask another question?

If I understood all this correctly, than MacOSX has a driver for 6-channel Surround (at least with ID 7), but with Quicktime and iTunes (and other programs with just a Stereo-signal) it does not turn on some kind of a fake surround?

How much ID´s are possible with the CloverConfigurator and the Soundblaster-hardware at the GA Z170X G7? Is there a chance to find an ID, which has Fake Surround if there is a Stereo signal and real Surround if there is a 6-channel-signal? Is it possible to compare ID´s in the CloverConfigurator?

Thank you again!

1 hour ago, madicineman said:

OK, now I got everything like it is supposed to be, I guess.

With ID 4 and with no Switcher I have 3 "internal speakers", which are powering center + subwoofer, front speakers and rear speakers respectively. With them and the MIDI-tool I can built a "device with several outputs" but with no volume control in the MIDI-tool. This time I have no possibility to change one of the "internal speakers" to 6 channels in the MIDI-tool.

Ok, that's how it should be. Actually, the second and third output device could be removed, but you loose the ability to make an aggregate-device and use discrete 6 channels. You can create an aggregate-device in the same way as the multi-out device, but you also loose volume control.

2 hours ago, madicineman said:

If I understood all this correctly, than MacOSX has a driver for 6-channel Surround (at least with ID 7), but with Quicktime and iTunes (and other programs with just a Stereo-signal) it does not turn on some kind of a fake surround?

How much ID´s are possible with the CloverConfigurator and the Soundblaster-hardware at the GA Z170X G7? Is there a chance to find an ID, which has Fake Surround if there is a Stereo signal and real Surround if there is a 6-channel-signal? Is it possible to compare ID´s in the CloverConfigurator?

More specifically, the AppleHDA.kext can be configured to support 6 channels, all layouts already included are useless for us, we have to add our own layouts. If you want to take a look, here are the resources we've added. Apple removed some layouts on Mojave, but there are still 50 we could use. ID 7 is configured correctly like on Windows and Linux, but we need to load the firmware to have volume control. If I found some time (maybe this winter) I'ill try to build a kext. If you want to use layout 7 with volume control, you need a special version of the Switcher and will need to start Windows or Linux once (to load the firmware), but you'll loose it again after sleep or a full drive down.

On 9/23/2018 at 4:05 PM, wern apfel said:

Ok, that's how it should be. Actually, the second and third output device could be removed, but you loose the ability to make an aggregate-device and use discrete 6 channels. You can create an aggregate-device in the same way as the multi-out device, but you also loose volume control.

Could you help me with my understanding, please? If you say "discrete 6 channels" this sounds a little bit different to "Fake Surround". Might it be, that the "Fake Surround"-output is different from the Midi-tool-configured "device with several outputs"? It sounds different to me... Am I correct?

On 9/23/2018 at 4:05 PM, wern apfel said:

More specifically, the AppleHDA.kext can be configured to support 6 channels, all layouts already included are useless for us, we have to add our own layouts. If you want to take a look, here are the resources we've added. Apple removed some layouts on Mojave, but there are still 50 we could use. ID 7 is configured correctly like on Windows and Linux, but we need to load the firmware to have volume control. If I found some time (maybe this winter) I'ill try to build a kext. If you want to use layout 7 with volume control, you need a special version of the Switcher and will need to start Windows or Linux once (to load the firmware), but you'll loose it again after sleep or a full drive down.

I would love to help you with that kext. But I am not a coder. The last coding I did was some BASIC in the late 1980ies at a KC 85/1... ;) I looked at the resources, but unfortunately it does not make any sense to me. I am sorry for my lack of knowledge...

Is there a way to re-load the firmware automatically in ID-7-MacOS after importing it with Linux (I have a Dual Boot)?

Just text me if I can help you with some testing. I would like to give something back after you did so much for me...

Thanks - Gichin

19 hours ago, madicineman said:

Could you help me with my understanding, please? If you say "discrete 6 channels" this sounds a little bit different to "Fake Surround". Might it be, that the "Fake Surround"-output is different from the Midi-tool-configured "device with several outputs"? It sounds different to me... Am I correct?

I hope "discrete" is the right word for it, but in any case it's different than fake surround. Fake surround is simply stereo, channels 1, 3, 5 are the left channel and 2, 4, 6 the right channel. While true 5.1 are six separate channels, a 6-channel encoded video/audio file is needed.

The multi-out device is fake surround only with the aggregate device is 5.1 possible.

19 hours ago, madicineman said:

Is there a way to re-load the firmware automatically in ID-7-MacOS after importing it with Linux (I have a Dual Boot)?

If you start Linux and reboot to macOS the firmware is still in the RAM and you can use some features. Another tool is needed.

In the user manual I can see that it is possible to enable DSP in the BIOS, I wonder what happens when you enable it. Could not find any information on the net about it.

audio_DSP.png

Edited by wern apfel

1 hour ago, wern apfel said:

I hope "discrete" is the right word for it, but in any case it's different than fake surround. Fake surround is simply stereo, channels 1, 3, 5 are the left channel and 2, 4, 6 the right channel. While true 5.1 are six separate channels, a 6-channel encoded video/audio file is needed.

The multi-out device is fake surround only with the aggregate device is 5.1 possible.

If you start Linux and reboot to macOS the firmware is still in the RAM and you can use some features. Another tool is needed.

In the user manual I can see that it is possible to enable DSP in the BIOS, I wonder what happens when you enable it. Could not find any information on the net about it.

audio_DSP.png

My bios looks different from yours. What version is yours? Or do you have that „Audio DSP“ only after loading the firmware in Linux. Can you tell me where to get this firmware?

33F5C459-46C6-4B8D-8D0B-FE4D0B5885B5.jpeg

My bios looks different from yours. What version is yours? Or do you have that „Audio DSP“ only after loading the firmware in Linux. Can you tell me where to get this firmware?

33F5C459-46C6-4B8D-8D0B-FE4D0B5885B5.jpeg

The screenshot is from the GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 mainboard user manual. My mainboard is a G1.Sniper M3. Maybe Gigabyte removed it on new BIOS revisions.

56 minutes ago, wern apfel said:

The screenshot is from the GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 mainboard user manual. My mainboard is a G1.Sniper M3. Maybe Gigabyte removed it on new BIOS revisions.

I tried to download different tools and libraries in opensuse Linux but with no luck so far. I was not able to find any rpm or dev for firmware installation... Sorry!

I tried to download different tools and libraries in opensuse Linux but with no luck so far. I was not able to find any rpm or dev for firmware installation... Sorry!

I'm not sure what you want to do, I guess you want to load the Creative firmware. If so the firmware is under /lib/firmware/ctefx.bin, but the driver will load that firmware, just start Linux once and reboot to macOS.

Attached is a new tool to set the streams for layout7 and DSP. Only use it while the firmware is loaded! Tomorrow I'll upload a tool with more settings options.

sbx.png

set stream for layout 7 with DSP.zip

Edited by wern apfel
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, wern apfel said:

I'm not sure what you want to do, I guess you want to load the Creative firmware. If so the firmware is under /lib/firmware/ctefx.bin, but the driver will load that firmware, just start Linux once and reboot to macOS.

Attached is a new tool to set the streams for layout7 and DSP. Only use it while the firmware is loaded! Tomorrow I'll upload a tool with more settings options.

Wow! I´ll try that as soon as I am back from work. Have a nice one!

On 9/25/2018 at 4:43 PM, wern apfel said:

sbx.png

Where do I get this software?

Here's the app, but bear in mind it's in an early beta stage. You should use it with AppleALC with layout-id 7, also use the provided tool to enable DSP. Since we can not load the required firmware within macOS, you need to start Windows or linux once to load the firmware.

Actually it's just for experimenting!

enable DSP for layout 7.zip

CA0132Tool.zip

Edited by wern apfel

On 9/25/2018 at 9:43 PM, wern apfel said:

Well, a dislocated rib distracted me from my duties here..., sorry!

I tried what you said. Booted into Linux. I even found the file for the firmware. But as far as I understand you, it is loaded automatically. But the audio settings looked different this time in opensuse 42. No "Sunrise audio" anymore. I made a screenshot. But the surround settings did not change anything. If I understood it correctly it said, that the audio signal for surround was at "HDMI 4/Display port". I have not the slightest clue what this means to me. The only audio setting which workes, was "internal Stereo audio" which gave sound to the front speakers only. After taht I rebooted to Mac OSX (but with some difficulties: There were a permanent error with a bad USB cable, which was new after some software updates I did in opensuse). I had to use the reset button of the case. Does that mean, that the loaded firmware (if it was there at all) is lost?

After rebooting into Mac OSX with layout 7, I used the tool "enable DSP for layout 7" and than the new "CA132Tool". I was watching "Forest Gump" with 5.1 Surround (because I remembered some scenes with very impressive Surround-effects). Front speakers and Center and Subwoofer got music and background noises of the film without any voices of the main characters in the iTunes-setting "automatic". After choosing English or German I got the main voices, but without the rear speakers. The tool did not change that. That was the first trial. I had forgotten to remove the Switcher tool for layout-id 4 from the automatic loading after boot. And I was not sure, if this compromised the findings even after quitting the Switcher. So I did the opensuse/Mac OSX reboot again.

The 2nd trial was without the switcher tool in ID 7. After that I got no sound at all (only with the LG Ultrawide via Display port). The "enable DSP for layout 7" or the "CA0132Tool" did not change that. Sorry! I am afraid, that I was not of big help.

I am really not sure, that opensuse loads the firmware correctly and if it is loaded, if it is than lost by resetting the computer...

Screenshot_Phonon_20180929.png

On 9/27/2018 at 8:35 PM, wern apfel said:

Here's the app, but bear in mind it's in an early beta stage. You should use it with AppleALC with layout-id 7, also use the provided tool to enable DSP. Since we can not load the required firmware within macOS, you need to start Windows or linux once to load the firmware.

Actually it's just for experimenting!

CA0132Tool.zip

enable DSP for layout 7.zip

More funny things are going on: After booting into ID 4 I got 3 internal speakers again but internal speaker 1 did not work. Internal speaker 2 was Center and subwoofer, internal speaker 3 powered the rear speakers. After using the Switcher there was no sound at all, even after quitting the Switcher.

Update this morning after another reboot into ID 4: Internal speaker 1 is still silent. "Internal Speakers" 2 are producing sound at center and subwoofer, internal speakers 3 at rear speakers.

Update II: After cold start things are "normal" again.

I have another question:

In S/L/Audio there are several DSP-subfolders. Is there anything we can do with those many files? Is there a way to get that ctefx.bin into the MacOSX?

Edited by madicineman

On 9/29/2018 at 10:08 PM, madicineman said:

Well, a dislocated rib distracted me from my duties here..., sorry!

Get well soon!

But as far as I understand you, it is loaded automatically.

Yes, if the driver works as it should.

If I understood it correctly it said, that the audio signal for surround was at "HDMI 4/Display port".

HDMI uses a different codec, mostly from the graphic card.

I had to use the reset button of the case. Does that mean, that the loaded firmware (if it was there at all) is lost?

Normally the firmware stays in the codec RAM.

After rebooting into Mac OSX with layout 7, I used the tool "enable DSP for layout 7" and than the new "CA132Tool". I was watching "Forest Gump" with 5.1 Surround (because I remembered some scenes with very impressive Surround-effects). Front speakers and Center and Subwoofer got music and background noises of the film without any voices of the main characters in the iTunes-setting "automatic". After choosing English or German I got the main voices, but without the rear speakers. The tool did not change that. That was the first trial. I had forgotten to remove the Switcher tool for layout-id 4 from the automatic loading after boot. And I was not sure, if this compromised the findings even after quitting the Switcher. So I did the opensuse/Mac OSX reboot again.

If you can control the volume, the firmware is loaded. Your assumption is correct, the switcher disables the DSP, just run the DSP enable tool again.

On 9/29/2018 at 10:37 PM, madicineman said:

I have another question:

In S/L/Audio there are several DSP-subfolders. Is there anything we can do with those many files? Is there a way to get that ctefx.bin into the MacOSX?

This DSP folder contains the Apple DSP settings for the iMac Pro and the 2018 MacBooks that no longer use the AppleHDA.kext.

If you loose the sound on the front speakers, try the reset tool, but note that it also clears the DSP RAM.

Edited by wern apfel
  • Thanks 1

I am new to this. I just installed High Sierra 10.13.6 on my GA Z270-x Gaming 7 and I only going to need two channels. At this moment I had nothing in the Audio device from About This Mac. Can someone point me to the correct direction?

18 hours ago, RaymondK said:

I am new to this. I just installed High Sierra 10.13.6 on my GA Z270-x Gaming 7 and I only going to need two channels. At this moment I had nothing in the Audio device from About This Mac. Can someone point me to the correct direction?

What is more important: Do you have some sort of sound? Speakers? Headphones? Did you installed AppleALC.kext already?

On 10/2/2018 at 7:16 PM, RaymondK said:

Make sure the Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext are in clover/kexts/Other CodecCommander in /L/E and the AppleHDA.kext is unchanged. Also needed is the HDAS to HDEF patch and a layout-id, if you need only line-out and the headphones use layout 2.

For further troubleshooting an ioreg dump could be useful.

On 9/29/2018 at 10:37 PM, madicineman said:

Is there a way to get that ctefx.bin into the MacOSX?

Probably only with a kext that identifies the codec address and loads it to that address. You can try out Ubuntu live. I use Ubuntu.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2018 at 4:59 PM, wern apfel said:

Probably only with a kext that identifies the codec address and loads it to that address. You can try out Ubuntu live. I use Ubuntu.

Yes, I will do that.

But first I did the upgrade to Mojave (and I need a stable OS I already know for "Plan B" and this is opensuse for me for many years ;) ). Here is what I did with special focus to audio settings for the GA Z170X Gaming 7 (i7-6700, Sapphire Pulse RX 580, Broadcom-BT; Audio-Output via analoge Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 DTT 2200) (Be aware, that at the present moment this is the way for ATI-graphic cards. With Nvidia it is recommended by some to wait until there are Mojave-drivers available):

Still in good ol´ HighSierra (10.13.6):

I did a full backup of my data with TimeMachine.

I upgraded CloverConfigurator to rev. 4674 and with its "Kexts Installer" I loaded to /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.14/:

1. AppleALC.kext
  2. FakeSMC.kext (first time that CC asked me to load other parts of FakeSMC: FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext, FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext, FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext and FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext. I clicked all of them.)
  3. HibernationFixup.kext
  4. Lilu.kext
  5. USBInjectAll.kext
  6. WhateverGreen.kext (If you know how, you can avoid this and configure your ATI-card with SSDT.)

I deleted all according kexts in other places (FakeSMC in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other and /Library/Extensions; Lilu.kext and USBInjectAll.kext in /L/E) from earlier attemps of my hackintosh-journey.

I upgraded with Apple App Store to Mojave.

In Mojave (10.14):

I got a black screen after ca. 80% of the booting process.

I went to Clover options after a reboot and clicked "Inject ATI". With that Mojave booted the first time.

In Clover Configurator I had to switch to "7" in "Devices" => "Audio" => "Inject".

Surprisingly I had to type in the resolution of my LG Ultrawide (3840x1600) in "GUI". With High Sierra and the same CloverConfigurator it was preselected in a pull-down-menu.

In "Kernel and Kext patches" there was Apple HDA preselected in "KextsToPatch". Because Wern Apfel said to leave this kext unchanged I clicked at "Disabled".

In "SMBIOS" I selected "iMac17,1" from that little double-arrow-pull-down-menue at the right side below "Check Coverage"-Button. (For Z270X-MB´s select 18,1 according to your build etc.)

In the mounted "EFI" I exchanged the regular AppleALC.kext with the AppleALC.kext for layout 7 by Wern´s post from September 9th.

After that I rebooted the computer.

In "Audio settings" of MacOSX I had only "digital output", "internal speakers", "Main device" (pre-configured in HighSierra with the MIDITool of Mac OSX), "LG Ultrawide" and "Apple TV". Sound was there at front satellites with "internal speakers" and -of course- with "LG Ultrawide". "Main device" had only sound at front satellites. There is a "working" volume control but without any influence to the volume. Fortunately I have hardware volume control.

I downloaded and started CA0132Switcher for ID 7 made by Wern Apfel. I moved it to "System settings" => "Users & groups" => "Login items" with drag´n drop.

In CA0132Switcher I clicked to "Fake Surround" and got sound at all 6 channels.

Besides audio in Mojave, this works for me: iMessages, AirDrop, HandsOff, preview of jpg´s in Finder.

What is not working: Sleep/Hibernation (I removed the HibernationFixup.kext in the meanwhile). I am still working on that.

Update: Although my MacOSX-settings are for computer and monitor at "never sleep", this morning I had no sound except for the LG Ultrawide. After using the CA0132Reset-tool sound was back...

I hope this helps others with a Creative® Sound Core3D™ Audio-motherboard.

Thanks (again) to Wern Apfel for his great work and commitment to this project.

Gichin

Screenshot_About_his_Mac_20181005.png

Edited by madicineman
Update & I forgot the exchange of AppleALC.kext

On 10/4/2018 at 10:59 AM, wern apfel said:

Make sure the Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext are in clover/kexts/Other CodecCommander in /L/E and the AppleHDA.kext is unchanged. Also needed is the HDAS to HDEF patch and a layout-id, if you need only line-out and the headphones use layout 2.

For further troubleshooting an ioreg dump could be useful.

Thanks Wern for your guidance. I followed the instructions and using layout-id 2, I had SOUND which is sufficient for now. The HDAS to HDEF patch was already there so I don't really have to do anything. Kext Utility only used for repairing permission and rebuild cache. The only trouble I found is that it automatically put the kext file in /S/L/E and there is no way to choose between putting a kext file in /S/L/E or /L/E (or am I missing something?). I am still on HS 10.13.6 and since there is no Nvidia driver moving onto MO 10.14.

Like Medicineman, there is more than sound to tackle... mainly the wake/sleep/hibernation definitely not working properly once I put on the Nvidia WebDriver.

8 hours ago, RaymondK said:

Thanks Wern for your guidance. I followed the instructions and using layout-id 2, I had SOUND which is sufficient for now. The HDAS to HDEF patch was already there so I don't really have to do anything. Kext Utility only used for repairing permission and rebuild cache. The only trouble I found is that it automatically put the kext file in /S/L/E and there is no way to choose between putting a kext file in /S/L/E or /L/E (or am I missing something?). I am still on HS 10.13.6 and since there is no Nvidia driver moving onto MO 10.14.

Like Medicineman, there is more than sound to tackle... mainly the wake/sleep/hibernation definitely not working properly once I put on the Nvidia WebDriver.

BTW: I had no HDAS to HDEF option in Clover Configurator. I think, the last time I saw that was in the tool which must not be named... @wern apfel: Should I download this HDAS to HDEF thing manually?

Edited by madicineman

16 hours ago, madicineman said:

WhateverGreen.kext (If you know how, you can avoid this and configure your ATI-card with SSDT.)

I bought a RX 580, it works without WhateverGreen, just like the card i still use, AMD HD7770. I only use the hda-gfx entry for HDMI/DP.

In "Kernel and Kext patches" there was Apple HDA preselected in "KextsToPatch". Because Wern Apfel said to leave this kext unchanged I clicked at "Disabled".

With AppleALC, you do not need a KextsToPatch entry.

In the mounted "EFI" I exchanged the regular AppleALC.kext with the AppleALC.kext for layout 7 by Wern´s post from September 9th.

I downloaded and started CA0132Switcher for ID 7 made by Wern Apfel. I moved it to "System settings" => "Users & groups" => "Login items" with drag´n drop.

In CA0132Switcher I clicked to "Fake Surround" and got sound at all 6 channels.

Layout 7 is for experimenting!

What is not working: Sleep/Hibernation (I removed the HibernationFixup.kext in the meanwhile). I am still working on that.

Interestingly, I have the same issue after upgrading High Sierra with Mojave. It seems that when upgrading with the final Mojave revision something goes wrong, while it works on an upgraded High Sierra install with the first Developer preview.

7 hours ago, RaymondK said:

Kext Utility only used for repairing permission and rebuild cache. The only trouble I found is that it automatically put the kext file in /S/L/E and there is no way to choose between putting a kext file in /S/L/E or /L/E (or am I missing something?).

I usually copy the kexts manually and use a script to repair permissions and rebuild the cache. Use the commands I posted here.

7 hours ago, RaymondK said:

Was it a new install or an upgrade? I expect sleep to work on a fresh install.

About Nvidia: It will probably take longer, the driver have to be rewritten for Metal 2. Just a guess.

2 hours ago, madicineman said:

BTW: I had no HDAS to HDEF option in Clover Configurator. I think, the last time I saw that was in the toll which must not be named... @wern apfel: Should I download this manually?

It should be there, see screenshot. But if it works, you do not need it.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-06 um 13.17.29.png

1 hour ago, wern apfel said:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-06 um 13.17.29.png

Thanks, I clicked that HDAS to HDEF option and removed the KextsToPatch entry for Apple HDA. After reboot (still ID 7) I had no sound. After CA0132Reset tool sound was back in the same way I described earlier.

The same without the HDAS to HDEF patch....

With booting to ID 4 I got sound from the beginning and 3 "internal speakers", a working volume control, "Fake Surround" with the CA0132Switcher and a working "main device" with 6 channels of sound in Apple Audio settings.

Edited by madicineman