• Please log in to reply
566 replies to this topic

wern apfel

wern apfel

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Here is a detailed test by joevt, if you want to use the switcher use layout-id 4

MikeSantos

MikeSantos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

I've not updated the kexts from the first page, but they could work. I think nearly all CA0132 owners use the AppleALC kext because it will probably survive future updates, furthermore it uses the same resources.

That's right Lilu, AppleALC to the other folder and CodecCommander to /L/E. The AppleHDA should be untouched and the ACPI audio device name HDEF, you probably also need the HDAS to HDEF clover patch like the Gaming 7 owners.

Try layout-id 4,5 or 6 if it doesn't work save and upload your IOreg.

What important is to path the HDAS to HDEF ? and what does it do?

Thanks.

P.S: I do not have this patch in clover. Audio is ok, except when wake up that I lose rear headphones.

Thanks a lot

wern apfel

wern apfel

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

What important is to path the HDAS to HDEF ? and what does it do?

The HDAS to HDEF clover patch is searching the ACPI code (DSDT.aml) for the audio device name HDAS and rename it to HDEF. The AppleHDA.kext only get loaded if the device name is HDEF, that's the reason why we need that patch. Optionally you can use a custom DSDT or SSDT, they are all doing the same. If i remember correctly, you use a custom DSDT, that's why it works without the clover patch.

Audio is ok, except when wake up that I lose rear headphones.

I need more informations, what and where have you plugged in devices. Have you tried the latest CA0132Switcher, does it re enable the headphones?

MikeSantos

MikeSantos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

The HDAS to HDEF clover patch is searching the ACPI code (DSDT.aml) for the audio device name HDAS and rename it to HDEF. The AppleHDA.kext only get loaded if the device name is HDEF, that's the reason why we need that patch. Optionally you can use a custom DSDT or SSDT, they are all doing the same. If i remember correctly, you use a custom DSDT, that's why it works without the clover patch.

I need more informations, what and where have you plugged in devices. Have you tried the latest CA0132Switcher, does it re enable the headphones?

In devices:  

USB: inject & FixOnership

Audio: 4 injected

no more flags selected or filled.

The switcher has some problems for me. When I select any output I inmediately lose headphone audio and it doesn't reenable again the audio with the options.

When I wake the system lose headphones audio.

These are the only problems with my system.

Thanks a lot ...!

wern apfel

wern apfel

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

In devices:  

USB: inject & FixOnership

Audio: 4 injected

no more flags selected or filled.

The switcher has some problems for me. When I select any output I inmediately lose headphone audio and it doesn't reenable again the audio with the options.

When I wake the system lose headphones audio.

These are the only problems with my system.

Thanks a lot ...!

Do you use the rear or front headphone jack?, on which jack do you lose the sound?.

With the switcher you should always use the first output device, I'll made a new layout where we can use 5.1 with only one output device, but ATM. I don't have 5.1 speakers for testing.

htimm

htimm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Photography,Computer

Here, as requested, a fully patched kext for High Sierra Beta2 as usual for layout-id 0. With working rear line-out, front and rear headphones and front microphone. As usual replace your AppleHDA.kext @/S/L/E repair permissions and rebuild the cache.

attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_HS_Beta2.zip

I tried your workflow on my system for High Sierra but I don't get audio working. I'm looking to attach the bootlog file and ioreg file but I cannot find any tool to do that. Can you help me.

wern apfel

wern apfel

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

I tried your workflow on my system for High Sierra but I don't get audio working. I'm looking to attach the bootlog file and ioreg file but I cannot find any tool to do that. Can you help me.

If you use a Gigabyte Gaming 7 mainboard without custom DSDT you'll also need the HDAS to HDEF clover-patch.

Here a fully patched AppleHDA Attached File  AppleHDA.kext_10.13.1_layout-ID_0.zip   1.74MB   4 downloads, it gives you the default outputs. Install it with a KextUtility.

For headphones and front microphone you can use this switcherAttached File  CA0132AudioSwitcher.zip   42.69KB   1 downloads

A backup of your AppleHDA.kext could be useful later!

IORegistryExplorer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy