Creative CA0132 (G1.Sniper M3) patch for AppleHDA or VoodooHDA

wern apfel

851 posts in this topic

Hello,

I wonder if I'm the only one having this weird issue: sometimes when I plug the charger, there is a noise coming from the speaker and I have to close the lid so that the computer goes to sleep to make the noise stop. It never happened before High Sierra

7 hours ago, abdouoi said:

Hello,

I wonder if I'm the only one having this weird issue: sometimes when I plug the charger, there is a noise coming from the speaker and I have to close the lid so that the computer goes to sleep to make the noise stop. It never happened before High Sierra

Move CodecCommander to /L/E

On 2/22/2018 at 11:07 PM, wern apfel said:

CodecCommander is not working properly. Copy and paste this commands into the Terminal.

sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions/CodecCommander.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions/CodecCommander.kext

sudo kextcache -i /

You should see something like: Kext with invalid signature allowed.

I am so sorry for keeping quiet after a long time. It seemed some forum problem that lose almost comment in this topic. Today I visit this thread to find a hope and find that the data is back.
I followed your instruction and now it can detect 2nd headphone jack since OS start up. There is one more problem that the mic from 2nd headphone jack, because this is a combo jack for both headphone and micro.

13 hours ago, 064852029 said:

I am so sorry for keeping quiet after a long time. It seemed some forum problem that lose almost comment in this topic. Today I visit this thread to find a hope and find that the data is back.
I followed your instruction and now it can detect 2nd headphone jack since OS start up. There is one more problem that the mic from 2nd headphone jack, because this is a combo jack for both headphone and micro.

Did you select line-in in the preference pane? Is so, try the switcher from the first post an see if it works if you choose the front microphone.

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, MikeSantos said:

Hi...

What about Mojave and the audio chip CA0132.

Would we have to change the CodecCommander because the new version of MacOs?

thanks

If you use layout 4, 5 or 6, it works as before.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2018 at 11:29 AM, MikeSantos said:

Great

thanks

I forgot to mention that you need to use the boot argument -alcbeta and -lilubeta or -lilubetall for all Lilu plugins.

On 6/10/2018 at 3:42 PM, nmano said:

Thanks

@wern apfel

10.14 Beta 18A293u

LayoutID = 5

Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 9.41.44 a.m..png

AppleHDA.kext.zip

AppleALC works as before with layout-id 5, use the boot arguments

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2018 at 3:18 PM, wern apfel said:

I forgot to mention that you need to use the boot argument -alcbeta and -lilubeta or -lilubetall for all Lilu plugins.

AppleALC works as before with layout-id 5, use the boot arguments

Ok, yes its truth......thanks.

Just one dude:

AppleAlc.kext is prepared to ca0132, why it is necessary to use a special Codeccomander.kext to make it works?

Thanks 

On 6/20/2018 at 2:13 PM, MikeSantos said:

Ok, yes its truth......thanks.

Just one dude:

AppleAlc.kext is prepared to ca0132, why it is necessary to use a special Codeccomander.kext to make it works?

Thanks 

CodecCommander is needed for multichannel and the front headphone jack. If you use only line-out and the rear headphone jack, try layout-id 1 it should work without CodecCommander.

• 1 month later...
On 7/29/2018 at 6:41 AM, abdouoi said:

@wern apfel the issue is still there

Do you use CodecCommander from the first post? If it happens again, please try the switcher from the attachment to see if the noise stops.

On 7/30/2018 at 7:42 PM, MikeSantos said:

Hi

I have always had this issue: no rear jack headphone sound output when the system wake up. Line and mic works flawlessly.

Is there something I could do?

Thanks

Does the switcher from the attachment activate it again?

CA0132Switcher.zip

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2018 at 1:54 PM, wern apfel said:

Do you use CodecCommander from the first post? If it happens again, please try the switcher from the attachment to see if the noise stops.

Does the switcher from the attachment activate it again?

CA0132Switcher.zip

Hi,

Yes, I am using CodecComander.kext at S/L/E.

The switcher doesn't activate it. If I use the swither in normal use( no after wake) it make the headphone sound stop anyway.

thxs

On 8/14/2018 at 6:36 PM, wern apfel said:

CodecCommander should be in /L/E, not /S/L/E. Which layout-id do you use?

Hi,

Normally I use layout-id 4. I have used codecCommander in S/L/E since always. But now I changed it to L/E as you said.

Today I had to shut down the hack 3 times to get audio outputs in panel. Sometimes none and 2 others.

But ALWAYS after wake, I lost the sound output from headphones.

Edited by MikeSantos

16 hours ago, MikeSantos said:

Hi,

Normally I use layout-id 4. I have used codecCommander in S/L/E since always. But now I changed it to L/E as you said.

Today I had to shut down the hack 3 times to get audio outputs in panel. Sometimes none and 2 others.

But ALWAYS after wake, I lost the sound output from headphones.

On the rear or front headphone jack?

I do not use AppleALC, but the same layout as layout-id 4 and it should work with the switcher. I guess you use a different CodecCommander, try this one.

CodecCommander.kext.zip

13 hours ago, wern apfel said:

On the rear or front headphone jack?

I do not use AppleALC, but the same layout as layout-id 4 and it should work with the switcher. I guess you use a different CodecCommander, try this one.

CodecCommander.kext.zip

Hi,

Rear headphone. The mic, and line(after disconnect the HP jack) works flawlessly after wake my hack.

I have try with you new CodecCommander.kext and the switcher but no sound for rear HP after wake.( same issue)

It is very weird. I think I am the only one with this issue :(

Is there something more that I could do?

Thanks a lot..!!! 

Edited by MikeSantos

On 8/21/2018 at 11:09 PM, MikeSantos said:

Hi,

Rear headphone. The mic, and line(after disconnect the HP jack) works flawlessly after wake my hack.

I have try with you new CodecCommander.kext and the switcher but no sound for rear HP after wake.( same issue)

It is very weird. I think I am the only one with this issue :(

Is there something more that I could do?

Thanks a lot..!!! 

Copy hda-verb to /usr/local/bin and drag the script to the terminal, show me the output before and after sleep.

dump.zip

On 3/17/2018 at 10:03 AM, wern apfel said:

Ok, so you want to use AppleALC. Download the latest release where Lilu.kext is mandatory, copy both files to the clover/kexts/Other folder. Also delete the /Library/Extensions/realtekALC.kext and copy CodecCommanderkext to this folder and repair permissions. Then you can try layout-id 4,5,6 with layout-id 4 you can use this little App to switch to headphones or speakers.

If you have not already done so, pack the ioreg file as a zip file. I think only images and zip files can be uploaded.

There are 25 posts per page, 445 should not be on page 17 + 20 posts?

Dear Wern Apfel,

it took some time, but I am back. I was a little reluctant to use a foreign dsdt, but finally decided to try yours. Before I did so, I tried to rescue the only important data (a Photo mediathek) from this hack. But the time to copy that file to an external drive was always to short until the random freeze kicked in. Just by pure luck I found out, that, if I reseted my bios settings, I could prolong the time until the freeze occured. So I was able to rescue that file. Copying it, a message popped up, that my system was due for a minor update to 10.13.6. Well, there was nothing to loose and I did so. What shall I say? Full success (ATI Radeon RX 580 ooB, Messages runs like a charm etc.)! No freezes anymore! 

So I downloaded the new postinstallation tool (which must not be named) for 10.13.6. With that tool I installed Apple ALC. Manually I did all the steps in your quoted post. But I was not able to find out, how to "try out layout-id 4,5,6" and your little App did not start.

So I checked, where the tool which must not be named is saving the AppleALC and Lilu.kext. Well, it is not Clover! Actually the EFIMounter was not able to find any EFI at my drives (one SATA M2 with Mac OS and one SATA with SuseLinux). Apple ALC and Lilu.kext I can find in /Library/Extensions/. I was able to find a folder "EFI-Backups" with 3 sub-folders "r46XX" with "EFI/kexts/other"-subsubsubsub-folders inside. Any of these "other"-folders had only a fake-SMC-file inside... Does that mean anything to you?

Is it possible to adjust your tool to the different location? Can you help, please?

The ioreg should be in the attachement...

Thanks in advance! - Gichin

My build: GA-Z170X Gaming 7, i7-6700, Ballistix Sport RAM 32GB, Sapphire Pulse RX 580, Broadcom-WiFi, Phanteks Eclipse P400S

ioreg_20180823.zip

System.png

Edited by madicineman

On 8/24/2018 at 11:14 AM, madicineman said:

Dear Wern Apfel,

it took some time, but I am back. I was a little reluctant to use a foreign dsdt, but finally decided to try yours. Before I did so, I tried to rescue the only important data (a Photo mediathek) from this hack. But the time to copy that file to an external drive was always to short until the random freeze kicked in. Just by pure luck I found out, that, if I reseted my bios settings, I could prolong the time until the freeze occured. So I was able to rescue that file. Copying it, a message popped up, that my system was due for a minor update to 10.13.6. Well, there was nothing to loose and I did so. What shall I say? Full success (ATI Radeon RX 580 ooB, Messages runs like a charm etc.)! No freezes anymore! 

So I downloaded the new postinstallation tool (which must not be named) for 10.13.6. With that tool I installed Apple ALC. Manually I did all the steps in your quoted post. But I was not able to find out, how to "try out layout-id 4,5,6" and your little App did not start.

So I checked, where the tool which must not be named is saving the AppleALC and Lilu.kext. Well, it is not Clover! Actually the EFIMounter was not able to find any EFI at my drives (one SATA M2 with Mac OS and one SATA with SuseLinux). Apple ALC and Lilu.kext I can find in /Library/Extensions/. I was able to find a folder "EFI-Backups" with 3 sub-folders "r46XX" with "EFI/kexts/other"-subsubsubsub-folders inside. Any of these "other"-folders had only a fake-SMC-file inside... Does that mean anything to you?

Is it possible to adjust your tool to the different location? Can you help, please?

The ioreg should be in the attachement...

Thanks in advance! - Gichin

My build: GA-Z170X Gaming 7, i7-6700, Ballistix Sport RAM 32GB, Sapphire Pulse RX 580, Broadcom-WiFi, Phanteks Eclipse P400S

ioreg_20180823.zip

System.png

AppleALC works, you should see some devices in the system preferences, but CodecCommander is missing. Install CodecCommander to /L/E repair permissions and rebuild the cache, then it should work, the switcher too. 

If you want to try the DSDT, rename it and add it into the Clover/ACPI/patched folder and choose it from the clover menu, if it works as it should, replace the old one.

Since 10.13.6 the EFI mounter tools need admin privileges, so use an updated version.

On 8/26/2018 at 1:21 PM, wern apfel said:

AppleALC works, you should see some devices in the system preferences, but CodecCommander is missing. Install CodecCommander to /L/E repair permissions and rebuild the cache, then it should work, the switcher too. 

If you want to try the DSDT, rename it and add it into the Clover/ACPI/patched folder and choose it from the clover menu, if it works as it should, replace the old one.

Since 10.13.6 the EFI mounter tools need admin privileges, so use an updated version.

Dear Wern Apfel,

thank you very much for your quick answer. And I am one step further. Here is what I did:

1) I checked for the Codec Commander. And it was already installed in /L/E with permissions "wide open" (see picture). Can I do something beyond that? 

2) I learnt, how to rebuild a cache (I hope) and cleaned it with "DiskCleaner".

3) I tried to open CA0132Switcher but nothing happened neither with direct click nor with right mouse click and "Open" in the menu... I am kind of clueless, what is my failure here?

4) Then I was switching between the two headphone-connectors with now success. In a moment of silence due to my frustration I could hear something very faintly. So tuned up the system volume and the hardware-volume of my connected old Cambridge Soundworks DTT 2200 analog 5.1-Soundsystem to the maximum. 

5) I could hear music and, no, it was not in my head...

But I can barely hear it. The music is only at front speakers (left and right, but not at center) and the Subwoofer. Nothing at the rear speakers. But the music is kind of distorted (especially voices) and very faint.

The headphones are still not working in neither position. No HDMI audio.

Yes, System Preferences shows me headphones, digital audio output and my Apple TV in the next room (see picture 2).

Do you have any suggestions? Can we speak directly? Telephone?

I appreciate your help very much.

Thank you again!

Gichin

screenshot_CodecCommander_20180827.png

screenshotSystem_Preferences_20180827.png

Edited by madicineman

On 8/26/2018 at 1:21 PM, wern apfel said:

Wow, I got the CA0132Switcher running. Sorry, I did not recognized that it was a package...

Here is the output:

screenshotCA0132Switcher_20180827.png

Edited by madicineman