Creative CA0132 (G1.Sniper M3) patch for AppleHDA or VoodooHDA

wern apfel

851 posts in this topic

Move the CodecCommander.kext from /S/L/E to /L/E, and rebuild the cache.

The front microphone jack has no auto detection, as far I know it does not even work in Windows. That's the reason why i've made the CA0132Switcher.

attachicon.gifCA0132AudioSwitcher.zip

Thank you!

I did you ask suggested and without the CA0132 audioswitcher I get both headphones working and Lineout with Layout 6.

RearMicrophone is also working. Front microphone isn't working though and the switch you provided doesn't seem to work.

The application also breaks my headphone functionality if I set it to FakeSurround or any of the output options it provides.

EDIT: A very important thing I have encountered, settings in BIOS for booting Windows 8/10 will give me no volume or output on any layouts . Settings it back to OtherOS gives my back sound functionality in macOS.

Thank you!

I did you ask suggested and without the CA0132 audioswitcher I get both headphones working and Lineout with Layout 6.

RearMicrophone is also working. Front microphone isn't working though and the switch you provided doesn't seem to work.

The application also breaks my headphone functionality if I set it to FakeSurround or any of the output options it provides.

I think the switcher works only with layout 4 and when the first sound output device is selected. You can also try this tool. CA0132Tool.zip

EDIT: A very important thing I have encountered, settings in BIOS for booting Windows 8/10 will give me no volume or output on any layouts . Settings it back to OtherOS gives my back sound functionality in macOS.

I'll try it, to see what happens.

I think the switcher works only with layout 4 and when the first sound output device is selected. You can also try this tool. attachicon.gifCA0132Tool.zip

I'll try it, to see what happens.

This Tool is much better! It works correctly on 5.1 Surround , Front Headphones, Fake Surround, Default. Changes from Front Microphone to Rear Microphone correctly. 

Haven't tested the Front Line-Out, C/Sub Line-Out and Rear Line-Out.

Unfortunately if I set it to Front Microphone there is no input on that port.

Just to add: Front Microphone doesn't seem to exist in Windows either. Which makes me believe it simply doesn't exist as an input port. could it be the case?

Hello!

I have just made a new Hackintosh build with Sierra 10.12.6 and all works except audio. Have followed your posts here, because my mobo also has Creative chip, and I think I might have missed something. I've put AppleALC and lilu kexts in efi/clover/kexts/other, as per your instructions, Codeccommander into S/L/E and at first there was nothing shown in audio devices. After that, used clover to set HDAS to HDEF, which got me one output, but NO devices. Also I tried AZAL to HDEF, nothing happened!

So this is how it looks now, also tried changing audio id:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Audio ID: 4

Line Output:

Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

Line Output:

Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

My mobo is Gigabyte ga-z170x gaming 7 and cpu i7 6700k

GPU is Nvidia msi GTX 1060, working fine and with AGDpfix patch.

What's missing here?

Thanks,

Toni

Oops, looks like I've fixed the issue, had also installed voodooHDA into L/E, which obviously blocked other kexts!

Upon removal, all seems to work!

Devices:

Built-in Microphone:

Default Input Device: Yes

Input Channels: 2

Manufacturer: Apple Inc.

Current SampleRate: 44100

Transport: Built-in

Built-in Output:

Output Channels: 2

Built-in Line Output:

Built-in Line Output:

Built-in Digital Output:

Default Output Device: Yes

Default System Output Device: Yes

Let that be a lesson to me and all the others, who are not careful with kexts!  :P 

Edited by Tona102
  • Like 1

This Tool is much better! It works correctly on 5.1 Surround , Front Headphones, Fake Surround, Default. Changes from Front Microphone to Rear Microphone correctly. 

Haven't tested the Front Line-Out, C/Sub Line-Out and Rear Line-Out.

Unfortunately if I set it to Front Microphone there is no input on that port.

Just to add: Front Microphone doesn't seem to exist in Windows either. Which makes me believe it simply doesn't exist as an input port. could it be the case?

Try layout 5 where the front microphone should work without the tool. Also try the EarPod button.

Oops, looks like I've fixed the issue, had also installed voodooHDA into L/E, which obviously blocked other kexts!

Congratulation, does HDMI audio work on your Pascal card?

Congratulation, does HDMI audio work on your Pascal card?

So far, it looks like not. But tried once only, connected to tv with movie. Will test again tomorrow! And web drivers work surprisingly well, screen switching, mirroring with TV and other monitors all instantly proper resolutions!

Also, I should mention that all works with CMS enabled in BIOS, legacy OS, all looks stable. The only small thing is, the computer does not turn off with Shut Down command, looks more like a hibernate, can wake it up with a click of a mouse! 

So far, it looks like not. But tried once only, connected to tv with movie. Will test again tomorrow! And web drivers work surprisingly well, screen switching, mirroring with TV and other monitors all instantly proper resolutions!

Also, I should mention that all works with CMS enabled in BIOS, legacy OS, all looks stable. The only small thing is, the computer does not turn off with Shut Down command, looks more like a hibernate, can wake it up with a click of a mouse! 

It seems that nVidia did the same for all pascal cards. If you need HDMI audio, you can try the voodoo kext which i've provided a few post earlier, but remove all HDMI patches you've made.

For those who use the CA0132 switcher, here is an update where you can add it to the startup items by pressing the command and comma key while the pop-up menu is opened, and you can see what you have chosen.

And hopefully the rear headphone jack is working as it should.

CA0132AudioSwitcher.app.zip

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@wern apfel Great work here.

I'm about to install this on a Gigabyte Gaming G1 mobo 6700K Skylake HIGH SIERRA working build.

Let's see how we get on. Is page 1 the very latest kext or do I have to dissemble the last 28 pages or so to pull out the needle in the haystack? Or just download latest AppleALC kext?

I'm reading I need three files:- the ApplecALC kext, LILA kext (both in Clover Other folder) and CodecCommander.kext (L/E?). I don't have AppleHDA or VoodooHDA stuff so I should be good to go.

Anything else I need to know before I begin the process?

UPDATE: All seems ok.... now to experiment with IDs and pins and stuff...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8bqzcgo7v6b85e/audio_G1Gaming.png?dl=0

Edited by driftwood

@wern apfel Great work here.

I'm about to install this on a Gigabyte Gaming G1 mobo 6700K Skylake HIGH SIERRA working build.

Let's see how we get on. Is page 1 the very latest kext or do I have to dissemble the last 28 pages or so to pull out the needle in the haystack? 

I've not updated the kexts from the first page, but they could work. I think nearly all CA0132 owners use the AppleALC kext because it will probably survive future updates, furthermore it uses the same resources.

I'm reading I need three files:- the ApplecALC kext, LILA kext (both in Clover Other folder) and CodecCommander.kext (L/E?). I don't have AppleHDA or VoodooHDA stuff so I should be good to go.

Anything else I need to know before I begin the process?

That's right Lilu, AppleALC to the other folder and CodecCommander to /L/E. The AppleHDA should be untouched and the ACPI audio device name HDEF, you probably also need the HDAS to HDEF clover patch like the Gaming 7 owners.

Try layout-id 4,5 or 6 if it doesn't work save and upload your IOreg.

I've not updated the kexts from the first page, but they could work. I think nearly all CA0132 owners use the AppleALC kext because it will probably survive future updates, furthermore it uses the same resources.

That's right Lilu, AppleALC to the other folder and CodecCommander to /L/E. The AppleHDA should be untouched and the ACPI audio device name HDEF, you probably also need the HDAS to HDEF clover patch like the Gaming 7 owners.

Thanks. Seems to work first time using all the latest kexts 1.20 Lilu, AppleALC 1.20, did the HDEF too. Just need to figure out your layout ID ideas and that tool you created. Looking Sweet :-)

What important is to path the HDAS to HDEF ? and what does it do?

Thanks.

P.S: I do not have this patch in clover. Audio is ok, except when wake up that I lose rear headphones.

Thanks a lot

What important is to path the HDAS to HDEF ? and what does it do?

The HDAS to HDEF clover patch is searching the ACPI code (DSDT.aml) for the audio device name HDAS and rename it to HDEF. The AppleHDA.kext only get loaded if the device name is HDEF, that's the reason why we need that patch. Optionally you can use a custom DSDT or SSDT, they are all doing the same. If i remember correctly, you use a custom DSDT, that's why it works without the clover patch.

Audio is ok, except when wake up that I lose rear headphones.

I need more informations, what and where have you plugged in devices. Have you tried the latest CA0132Switcher, does it re enable the headphones?

• 3 weeks later...

The HDAS to HDEF clover patch is searching the ACPI code (DSDT.aml) for the audio device name HDAS and rename it to HDEF. The AppleHDA.kext only get loaded if the device name is HDEF, that's the reason why we need that patch. Optionally you can use a custom DSDT or SSDT, they are all doing the same. If i remember correctly, you use a custom DSDT, that's why it works without the clover patch.

I need more informations, what and where have you plugged in devices. Have you tried the latest CA0132Switcher, does it re enable the headphones?

In devices:  

USB: inject & FixOnership

Audio: 4 injected

no more flags selected or filled.

The switcher has some problems for me. When I select any output I inmediately lose headphone audio and it doesn't reenable again the audio with the options.

When I wake the system lose headphones audio.

These are the only problems with my system.

Thanks a lot ...!

In devices:  

USB: inject & FixOnership

Audio: 4 injected

no more flags selected or filled.

The switcher has some problems for me. When I select any output I inmediately lose headphone audio and it doesn't reenable again the audio with the options.

When I wake the system lose headphones audio.

These are the only problems with my system.

Thanks a lot ...!

Do you use the rear or front headphone jack?, on which jack do you lose the sound?.

With the switcher you should always use the first output device, I'll made a new layout where we can use 5.1 with only one output device, but ATM. I don't have 5.1 speakers for testing.

• 3 weeks later...

Here, as requested, a fully patched kext for High Sierra Beta2 as usual for layout-id 0. With working rear line-out, front and rear headphones and front microphone. As usual replace your AppleHDA.kext @/S/L/E repair permissions and rebuild the cache.

attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_HS_Beta2.zip

I tried your workflow on my system for High Sierra but I don't get audio working. I'm looking to attach the bootlog file and ioreg file but I cannot find any tool to do that. Can you help me.

I tried your workflow on my system for High Sierra but I don't get audio working. I'm looking to attach the bootlog file and ioreg file but I cannot find any tool to do that. Can you help me.

If you use a Gigabyte Gaming 7 mainboard without custom DSDT you'll also need the HDAS to HDEF clover-patch.

Here a fully patched AppleHDA AppleHDA_10.13.1_layout-ID_0.zip, it gives you the default outputs. Install it with a KextUtility.

For headphones and front microphone you can use this switcherCA0132AudioSwitcher.zip

A backup of your AppleHDA.kext could be useful later!

IORegistryExplorer

Hello Wern Apfel

Thanks for the quick response I did what you said but I still doesn't have audio.

I will attach my Efi Folder and IOregistry-layout, maybe will this explain my faulty settings.

After a quick look, you have a patched AppleHDA and AppleALC in the "Other" folder, that makes no sense, use only one method.

Remove the AppleHDA.kext and CodecCommander from the Other folder, install the AppleHDA from my last post to /S/L/E, CodecCommander to /L/E. Remove AppleALC repair permissions and rebuild the cache.

If you prefer to use AppleALC, make sure you have a untouched AppleHDA.kext, CodecCommander to /L/E, the one i've provided in this topic.

In the config.plist you have the HDAS to HDEF and AZAL to HDEF patch, only HDAS to HDEF is needed, some IOPersonalities, some realtekALC entries, and other useless stuff. For audio you only need the HDAS to HDEF patch, respectively an ID for AppleALC.

In the config.plist the MacModel is set to iMac17,1 but your IOReg shows me that you use MacPro5,1

Please use IORegistyExplorer 2.1.

After a quick look, you have a patched AppleHDA and AppleALC in the "Other" folder, that makes no sense, use only one method.

Remove the AppleHDA.kext and CodecCommander from the Other folder, install the AppleHDA from my last post to /S/L/E, CodecCommander to /L/E. Remove AppleALC repair permissions and rebuild the cache.

If you prefer to use AppleALC, make sure you have a untouched AppleHDA.kext, CodecCommander to /L/E, the one i've provided in this topic.

In the config.plist you have the HDAS to HDEF and AZAL to HDEF patch, only HDAS to HDEF is needed, some IOPersonalities, some realtekALC entries, and other useless stuff. For audio you only need the HDAS to HDEF patch, respectively an ID for AppleALC.

In the config.plist the MacModel is set to iMac17,1 but your IOReg shows me that you use MacPro5,1

Please use IORegistyExplorer 2.1.

Hi Wern Apfel

Sorry but I still don't have audio. I think I did all what you have said except I forgot after Remove AppleALC to repair permissions and rebuild the cache. I did that after a second restart.

You find my new EFI and IO registry in the attached files.

I thank you for your help till now, and I hope I'm not boring you.

Archief.zip

Harry’s iMac.zip

Hi Wern Apfel

Sorry but I still don't have audio. I think I did all what you have said except I forgot after Remove AppleALC to repair permissions and rebuild the cache. I did that after a second restart.

You find my new EFI and IO registry in the attached files.

I thank you for your help till now, and I hope I'm not boring you.

It looks much better now, i think it will work after you rebuild the cache a second time. You should also enable the HPET fix.

It looks much better now, i think it will work after you rebuild the cache a second time. You should also enable the HPET fix.

Hi Wern Apfel

I did what you said. But I still don't have audio. I have made a text-file from the results in the terminal maybe that gives a solution.

I have also enabled HPET fix.

RebuildCache3.txt.zip

Hi Wern Apfel

I did what you said. But I still don't have audio. I have made a text-file from the results in the terminal maybe that gives a solution.

I have also enabled HPET fix.

You have Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext @/Library/Extensions, which is not recommended, they should be in the "Other" folder. There is also a AppleHDA.kext, remove it and try again. 

You have Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext @/Library/Extensions, which is not recommended, they should be in the "Other" folder. There is also a AppleHDA.kext, remove it and try again. 

Hi Wern Apfle

I removed those files from the @/library/extensions folder and placed them in the /kext/other folder I also removed the AppleHDA.kext and rebuild cache. Afterwards my system won't boot only boot possible without injected kext and then I have no full resolution of the graphics card.

I also saw that I had AppleALC.kext in the @/System/Library/Extensions folder. I also delete this kext and did a rebuild from the cache. Also no results. I can boot when I disable the lilu kext in clever-startscreen. 

Here also my bootlog generated with Cloverconfigurator.

bootlog.txt.zip

You also have AppleALC @/S/L/E, and probably some other kexts. Make sure that you have all kexts only at one place /S/L/E, /L/E or clover/kexts/Other. Because of dependencies, not all kexts are working from "Other" folder. But Lilu, and his plugins are working from "Other" folder.

I think for working graphics card you need the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext + Lilu, use the latest releases.

The audio pin configuration is wrong, you probably have also installed a CA0132.kext!? remove it.

All you need for audio is: AppleALC + Lilu @clover/kexts/Other or the fully patched AppleHDA @/S/L/E. In both cases you need the HDAS to HDEF clover patch, and the provided CodecCommander.kext to /L/E.

• Like 1